Welcome to DuelistGroundz
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

yugioh anaheim regionals top 32 report

yugioh anaheim regional top 32 report gravekeeper

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

theultimatescrub96

theultimatescrub96

Plain Old Duelist

• Duelist
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts
so it turned out to be about a 500 person event. prior to the event i have no idea what im am running but i know its gonna be an anti-meta variant. pretty much narrowed down to tgs or gks. i let the deciding factor be the meta of the event. if dino rabbit and inzektors made a big showing, then i would play tgs, however if dragons made a big appearance then i would play gravekeepers. so i walk around the venue i scan at the peoples decklist as they register and i notice a lot of people asking me if i had solar recharges for trade so i came to the conclusion the dragons were probably a little over fifty percent of the decks being played so i decided to play the masters of the grave: gravekeepers. oh and btw, i have my invite so i really just want to top 8

so round 1 i get seated at table 131
my opponents deck - chaos dragons

i quickly learn what she is playing as she opens up first turn future fusion. all i think is im glad im playing gravekeepers. luckily for me she really doesnt know what shes doing so i was able to come back from ff. game 2 mid game it can go either way then she summons lyla with my necrovalley on board so this is scary since my one facedown in a starlight road. weirdly enough, she doesnt switch it to def and just mills so i was easily able to gain board advantage with my spy and recruiter. so i 2-0 my first opponent of the day.

round 2 table 120
my oppenents deck - hieratics

i have to admit i didnt expect this deck at the regional and ive never tested against is before with gravekeepers so i was interested in seeing how it would play out. game 1 i open 5 monsters which has never happened to me before in my two years of playing the deck so i quickly lose after taking big beats to the face every turn for 3 turns. game 2 it went back and fourth and on the inside i was worried because i didnt want my first lost of the day to be to hieratics. mid game she uses heavy storm and i was able to starlight road and she was never able to recover so i won game 2. game 3 she goes for a hieratic combo first turn and i maxx c and amazingly she kept going and i had to much advantage and was able to quickly take game 3 after spy plus recruiter plus descendant with multiple traps to back it up. heading into round 3 im 2-0

round 3 table 46
my opponents deck - inzektors

i lost game 1 due to a misplay of attacking into a gorz when i could've played around it but didnt suspect it played in inzektors. game 2 im able to smash him with necro, spy, road and warning. game 3 he sets a card then passes, i draw, set a road, fiendish, and spy then play necrovalley then pass he draws plays heavy i road he warning then after that he asks how many cards in hand and i reply 3 so that would make 7 cards so far ive drew so i guess when he went first i drew 6 accidently so i got a game loss from the judge and im very salty because i know for a fact i wouldve won that game i had the nuts the extra card didnt even matter so i sign the match slip and storm out ignoring all my friends who do the regular after the match questions like whats your record or what deck did you play against. with thirteen minutes on the clock i decide to get some food.

round 4 table 120
my opponents deck - dino faggots.

i got 2-0'd smashed by this guy running dino rabbit. he had the nuts both games and their was nothing i could do. he had everything, and by everything i mean he has answers to my answers of his answers. I MEAN EVERYTHING.

the first four were written at the event however this one and the next four are gonna be off of memory since i was so salty about being x-2 that i seriously considered dropping so doing a tourney report was the last thing on my mind.

round 5 table 150ish
my opponents deck - wind up/inzektors

game 1 necrovalley plus 3 set and spy shut down everything he had. game 2 i side into fiendishes, veilers, and and a maxx c. he goes first and attempts to loop me but i drew the c. he went tour guide and i went pretty close to using it then but he couldve just made sangan pass since hes playing inzektors also so i wait until he commits to zenmaity and on summon he reveals shark so i chain then he uses zen eff to get rabbit which gives me valuable information. it tells me he doesnt have a defensive card to stop me from killing zenmaity otherwise he wouldnt have kept going. he ended up making zenmaines set one pass giving me a total of a plus 2. now im reading a facedown typhoon or maybe a dead reborn. i draw and decide to random space his facedown which was typhoon with 6 cards in hand i commandant for necro, summon descendant and kill zenmaity i set three facedowns, a compulse, road, and chain. i win shortly after compulsing his zenmaines on his turn as he tries to crash with descendant. now im 3-2.

round 6 table 115ish
my opponents deck - heros

at this point i decide to not drop just so i can dream crush people without their invite. im totally trolling this hero player, at one point in game 1 i have 3 set recruiters cuz i know he has a torrential. he doesnt atk for about 10 turns and when he finally grows a pair he summons alius and i have no response in fear of spark and he makes balde armor ninja which gets bottomlessed. im guessing he has dead miracles and heor blast. my necrovalley never left the board game 1 and about 5 turns later hes forced to dark hole thinking he'll hit a spy or two in the long run i have too many monsters for him to combat. game 2 goes into time. the 600 life points he lost game 3 when he atked my spy cost him the game. i stalled out the rest of the 5 turns by setting monsters and defensive traps. i win and now im 4-2

round 7 table 80ish

opponent never shows up, damn i hate shitty tiebreakers. im 5-2 now

round 8 table 40ish

game 1 last a whole 3 minutes after i first turn royal tribute him for a plus 3. hes furious and immediately scooped and entered side board for game 2. i side out tributes and bottoms for veilers and fiendish chain. i open the nuts again, necrovalley, stele, commandant, road, spy, fiendish. he heavys into road and after atking facedown spy he scoops and is very mad now and is yelling at me for being such a sac. meanwhile im in a pretty good mood and im laughing at this guy as he signs the slip and walks away. 6-2

round 9 table 18
my opponents deck - wind-ups

game 1 my main deck smashed him easily with tribute, necrovalley and spy. we enter side deck within ten minutes andi sided into veilers and maxx c. apparently he sided into dimensional fissures and he loops away my maxx and veiler first turn. game 3 goes back and fourth for a long time but his tiredness gets the best of him. i have necro, chain, two roads, and spy. he goes yolo and uses two sharks to make zenmaioh with was a big mistake for obvious reasons. he cant come back from my stardust plus setup.
hes x-3 but 2 of his tiebreakers are x-1 so i assume hell make the top 48 cut. i end up finishing 7-2. i shouldve gone x-1 and topped 8 but whatever i got like 30th cuz of that damn no show. i later found out that the guy that i beat round 9 got 49th place. he mustve been super salty.

i was really happy with the list here it is;

3 spy
3 descendant
3 recruiter
3 commandant
3 duality
3 necrovalley
2 tribute
2 stele
1 soul taker
1 dark hole
1 book
2 warning
2 torrential
2 bottom
2 compulse
2 road
2 prison
1 judgment
2 fiendish

2 raioh
2 veiler
2 maxx c
1 soul taker
2 smashing
3 typhoon
2 light mirror
1 prison

Edited by Wumbologist, 20 June 2012 - 06:07 AM.
changed to a font size that didnt make my eyes bleed

white light/white heat

white light/white heat

Guardian

• BANHAMMERED
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 741 posts
This report pisses me off, even without the unnecessary font.

round 3 table 46

i lost game 1 due to a misplay of attacking into a gorz when i could've played around it but didnt suspect it played in inzektors.

lol

Warthog

Warthog

Totally Twisted

• Duelist
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2506 posts
I dunno the above guy has a point I always try and play around Gorz if I can, even if the deck "doesn't play it".

good report thought enjoyed reading it.

Patrick Hoban

Patrick Hoban

The Forbidden One

• Duelist
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9888 posts
Lol he tagged it as "top" and got top 32.

Twitter

Twitter

O sea, fresa fresa pero no para tu mermelada

• Duelist
  • 4717 posts
who are you irl i want to meet a legend

BadPublicity

BadPublicity

Might as well

• Duelist
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts
top 32 at a 500 person event? what did you get 2 packs?

Patrick Hoban

Patrick Hoban

The Forbidden One

• Duelist
  • 9888 posts
Also round 9 you apparently had Maxx "C" when he's playing Wind Ups and he played Dimensional Fissure but for whatever reason you decided to not chain Maxx "C" to Fissure.

mainestroke

mainestroke

Knight of the Abyss

• Duelist
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 460 posts
Good job getting top 32/invite! :)

Don't get upset for those negs on your report, but seriously, please refrain from saying stuff like "Dino faggots" or "he had EVERYTHING".

Typing in relevant details as to how you won/lost certain matches allows yourself to see if you can trace anything wrong you did during those games.
It also makes your report clear for those in this site to point out any noteworthy play or discuss specific scenarios where you could have played better.
The end result is you improve yo' game.

That's the point of these reports. Writing reports, especially on this site, is not mainly about complaining on the internet why "the orgasm" only happened on the opposite-lower side of the table during round X or Y because your opponent got the nuts.

theultimatescrub96

theultimatescrub96

Plain Old Duelist

• Duelist
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts

who are you irl i want to meet a legend

im guessing your trolling but if your not im just a yugioh player who happened to top a regional. not that big of a deal. and it wasnt even top 8.

Twitter

Twitter

• Duelist
  • 4717 posts
i live in the area so i might know u so i asked

theultimatescrub96

theultimatescrub96

Plain Old Duelist

• Duelist
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts

i live in the area so i might know u so i asked

well if you knew me you'd prolly know it was me
what locals do you go to

Twitter

Twitter

• Duelist
  • 4717 posts
troll & toad

theultimatescrub96

theultimatescrub96

Plain Old Duelist

• Duelist
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts

troll & toad

where the hell is that

7hhzz7

7hhzz7

Be Your Sound

• »Retired Staff
  • 15670 posts
can you stop typing up threads/making posts with that font and size please?

Evolution`

Evolution`

Godlike

• Duelist
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1569 posts
Awesome job man. Isn't this excessively annoying?

Twitter

Twitter

• Duelist
  • 4717 posts
troll & toad isnt really a local i think lol

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: yugioh, anaheim, regional, top, 32, report, gravekeeper

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users