Semaj.

Alector, Sovereign of Birds

Rescue Robot    40
can you special summon this during your opponent's turn? I'm guessing not, otherwise it would sound pretty good to me.

Of course not.

It's decent against Blackwings and Lightsworn, but not the best card against them by far.

Slowpoke    1377

Infernity spam into mist wurms and stardust.

ss this because they have 2 mist wurm or even beetle + archfiend.

negate stardust.

lv.

lol

»victor    6400
shit is stupid

Why?

Care to explain/debate?

»Ray    1888

Stay something constructive or nothing at all dude. "shit is stupid" just makes you look stupid.

I just want him b/c he looks fucking awesome. I might dick around with it at locals, but I don't see myself using it at a regs or YCS.

Naitomea    76

WIND/Winged-Beast - Effect/6/2400/2000

//wording for the TCG effect may differ

If your opponent controls 2 or more face-up monster with the same Attribute, you can Special Summon this card from your hand. Once per turn select 1 face-up card on the field. Negate the effect(s) of the selected card during this turn. Only 1 "Alector, Sovereign of Birds" can be face-up on the field at the same time.

Ultra Rare

Release: 11th June 2010

Special summon 'Alector' and negate the opponent's Royal Decree. Special summon The Tricky by discarding Kotodama. Then chain Two-Pronged Attack.

WIND/Winged-Beast - Effect/6/2400/2000

//wording for the TCG effect may differ

If your opponent controls 2 or more face-up monster with the same Attribute, you can Special Summon this card from your hand. Once per turn select 1 face-up card on the field. Negate the effect(s) of the selected card during this turn. Only 1 "Alector, Sovereign of Birds" can be face-up on the field at the same time.

Ultra Rare

Release: 11th June 2010

Special summon 'Alector' and negate the opponent's Royal Decree. Special summon The Tricky by discarding Kotodama. Then chain Two-Pronged Attack.

Riveting and vital gameplay scenario, there.

Sacked    420

doubt this will impact the meta at all =/ I wish some simorgh variant of bw would be good I just don't think this guys the answer

The card is a lot easier to get out then you give credit for.

-Two Laquari's following a Gyzarus play (including working under Cold Wave)

-A typical XX-Saber field, Lightsworn field, Infernity field, Blackwing field

-Big beater against anti-meta stuff (including Gadgets)

I think he's pretty easy to get out, great art, decent effect. I like him a lot in terms of card design. I think the issue is his niche. He's difficult to main because if he's dead, he's completely unusable. For that reason, I don't think he'll see much play there, although there are some cool tricks one could play with him. He could be sided against a ton of things, the only problem is that there are probably better cards to side for those match-ups (i.e. Alector or Cyber Dragon against Gadgets). He's cool though.

Semaj.    2263
doubt this will impact the meta at all =/ I wish some simorgh variant of bw would be good I just don't think this guys the answer

I was thinking about him to beat infernity lol.

Alistar    4223
Good card design compared to most of today's shit

folks who call this bad in the "it's not competitive so it sucks" sense have no place in discussion of ygo design

Everytime I see a horrible new card coming out thread, you always respond with "good card design".

»Pharaoh Atem    15768
Good card design compared to most of today's shit

folks who call this bad in the "it's not competitive so it sucks" sense have no place in discussion of ygo design

Everytime I see a horrible new card coming out thread, you always respond with "good card design".

Because it is. I can't help how I'm smarter about this shit than most of you - and it's fascinating to see most folks here think so highly of their own opinions of card design one minute that they smash things like this, yet bitch about formats sucking when more powerful cards take the fore.

I sometimes think folks here are too stupid to put 2+2 together most of the time. K, folks've bitched about formats forever, I know, but the bitching has gone up amongst the more experienced players as of latter years. And what's happened in latter years to cause that? Shit that Alector has no hand in worsening.

Alector is part and parcel to no problems, nor any problematic trends, in the game. It has a novel effect, one that in better formats may be of use. It sticks to standard stats for the difficulty-of-use. It's good design - better than most - because unlike most, any time it sees play, there's nothing worth bitching about. Over the 10 years this game has existed, there's been a lot to bitch about, and bitchworthy shit is the mark of bad design.

IamPro    13

Fuck card design, this is Yu-Gi-Oh all new shit is suppose to be busted :P

»Pharaoh Atem    15768
Good card design. Card sucks.

Aye.

Oceanus    1125

It's tricky against Crystal Beasts, which are one of the toughest casual decks to beat. Sort of like if there were UU, Crystals would be there or borderline because you can easily against them, but a good build can be unstoppable. The resources, recursion power, and explosion that results from Ancient City and Abundance is insane against anything that can't outright negate or survive it.

Anyway, the other day my Simorghs deck beat my friend's CBs for the first time because he often has double attributes, CBs don't have a lot of variety (in this case it was two Tiger), and he can NEGATE Ancient City so he can't negate my draw cards and other stuff, or halve damage, OR protect City from my Icarus or D.D.R.'d Nephthys. It can even negate his dudes like those Tigers so they couldn't go to the back row which was amazing.