...Arson

if you click on this topic you must post

fuckfiend    2194

You would think I'd learn after the 10 millionth time they say they can't pay me back for XYZ reasons.

i mean, if i needed to, id straight up say i couldn't pay them back in cash, but rather in whatever the fuck they needed ever they could ask. painting their house, yard work, babysitting, whatever. when you need the dollar, you need the dollar.

fuckfiend    2194

why bother being dodgy/? just say you cant pay them back, i dont see whats the big deal. if they really care about you they might actually help you out. i dont think itd be right to ask friends for money anyways though, that just adds tension.

fuckfiend    2194

if a friend needed to pay rent or something, id just offer to let them stay with me instead on the grounds i could kick them out whenever i wanted (without any kind of hard feelings afterwards hopefully) and that its just for a certain amount of time/until they get back on their feet, though x amount of time gives them more of a commitment to keep forward and whatnot, though itd hurt to kick them out if they were legit trying but couldn't get anywhere.

though i dont think moving back in with parents is that shameful. im doing it right now.

Arshen    3898

There's this restaurant called Logan's where they have roasted peanuts and when you leave you can actually get a bag to take with you. Ie Nutsack.

My favourite joke here recently is having one of these and making a nutsack joke. Best one yet is a co-working, going to call her Daisy, comes by and starts complaining about a library patron, so I hand her a nut, because I am actually eating them as she is talking, and she takes it. 

I just messaged my wife "I just reached into my nutsack and gave one to Daisy." 

THIS IS MY FAVOURITE JOKE EVER. 

Also it feels awesome to say things like "my wife"

• Upvote 1

+rei+    34993
Mfw I go to a coffee shop to meet a recruiter and my old drug dealer is sitting two tables over

»Liquid Snake    4567

Anyone have any good music suggestions while I restart my computer at work? Pandora played a song by MCR and I'm feeling really blah after listening to it and reminiscing.

Elliott Smith

Wilco

Radiohead

The Beatles

Neil Young

The National

Arcade Fire

• Upvote 1

Soul    7941

There's this restaurant called Logan's where they have roasted peanuts and when you leave you can actually get a bag to take with you. Ie Nutsack.

My favourite joke here recently is having one of these and making a nutsack joke. Best one yet is a co-working, going to call her Daisy, comes by and starts complaining about a library patron, so I hand her a nut, because I am actually eating them as she is talking, and she takes it. 

I just messaged my wife "I just reached into my nutsack and gave one to Daisy." 

THIS IS MY FAVOURITE JOKE EVER. 

Also it feels awesome to say things like "my wife"

im assuming this restaraunt has the shells lying all over the floors, etc. ive been to one down south iirc.

also lux, i dont think the fact that you are a selfless person is necessarily a bad thing. i help people out quite frequently and have done so even for several dgz ppl who i barely knew at that time. its just the type of person i am. however you shouldnt put yourself in a very difficult situation because of it, and this is something that i still struggle with. ultimately though i see no problem with it besides the fact you are lending to rather unreliable people who dont have a sense of obligation/urgency to pay you back when they say they will. not everyone is as kind/reciprocates our level of selflessness.

»...Arson    7757

Anyone have any good music suggestions while I restart my computer at work? Pandora played a song by MCR and I'm feeling really blah after listening to it and reminiscing.

Radiohead
The Beatles
Neil Young
The National
Arcade Fire
Incredible list

»...Arson    7757
I've learned my lesson lending money to people, but close friends I have no problem. Honestly unless I'm stuck I don't expect the money back til they're comfortable. I figure we're going to keep in contact and these sorts of things all work themselves out over being friends and doing favours over your relationship etc.

I'd rather my friend be comfortable and happy than have a couple extra hundred bucks in the bank. I'm OK at saving so I'm usually financially stable.

I only reserve that for close friends though. Strict rule not to lend otherwise.

»Tygo    14141
Worst feeling is finding out you owe someone money and didn't know. I just had one friend tell me I owe another friend money from when we all went to California and I either completely forgot about it or thought I made the payment. The friend I owe money to would never say anything though. I felt like such a doucher.

»Liquid Snake    4567

Radiohead
The Beatles
Neil Young
The National
Arcade Fire
Incredible list

Wilco and Elliott Smith are leagues above Brand New come at me bro.

»rap tap    20155

ive owed money to no less than 3 people on this site and i felt awful because it took me a while to pay each of them back (but i did) and none of them pressured me about it.

i probably wouldn't want to lend out money to anyone without being really close friends with them

»...Arson    7757

I love Bright eyes and hate Elliot smith. Just wanted to tell you.

Awww

+rei+    34993

I've learned my lesson lending money to people, but close friends I have no problem. Honestly unless I'm stuck I don't expect the money back til they're comfortable. I figure we're going to keep in contact and these sorts of things all work themselves out over being friends and doing favours over your relationship etc.

I'd rather my friend be comfortable and happy than have a couple extra hundred bucks in the bank. I'm OK at saving so I'm usually financially stable.

I only reserve that for close friends though. Strict rule not to lend otherwise.

I will eventually pay you back I think I'm finally almost sorted

and yes robyn you could

»Liquid Snake    4567

Awww

You can change text but not the truth.

»...Arson    7757

Awww

I'm pretty sure Thom Yorke listens to brand new.

same.

Dank Memeston    1716

I won't lend money unless I trust them enough to watch my kid for a day. (if I had one)

On another note:

p o _ _ _ _

»Paxman    4776
I just lent my mom 3.4k it's no biggie just don't lend money to bum ass nikkas

Laser Cat    5612

can I have 2k to start a prog rock group?

• Upvote 3

fuckfiend    2194

can i join said prog rock group? i like being included.

Dank Memeston    1716

ID LIKE TO SOLVE THE PUZZLE

POWDER

I was thinking p o t a t o but p o w d e r and p o c k e t work.

can i join said prog rock group? i like being included.

ill be the tamborine guy/gal/guygal