• Announcements

• rei

Battle of the Anime Characters   02/10/17

THE BATTLE OF THE ANIME CHARACTERS HAS BEGUN   Find it here http://duelistgroundz.com/index.php?/forum/615-battle-of-the-anime-x/
...Arson

if you click on this topic you must post

137503 posts in this topic

Wow. This thread brings back memories

20 minutes ago, Marigold said:

Wow. This thread brings back memories

25 minutes ago, rei said:

Awesome

I've been planning on getting a bit of a green thumb lately but getting an odour proof tent is expensive for the scale i'd like to grow at 

What do you need that for? o.o

I've heard of a lot of weird stuff on account of dabbling in bonsai, never heard of a tent before

Just now, rei said:

Funny enough, Ska is my shat

Just now, Sophocles said:

What do you need that for? o.o

I've heard of a lot of weird stuff on account of dabbling in bonsai, never heard of a tent before

Cannabis. 

(to be clear I'd be growing it legally under Access to Cannabis for Medical Purposes Regulations... but I still dont want to inflict the smell on my girlfriend or neighbours) 

I want a bonsai too 

You can get a bonsai for anything between 20 - 2000 dollars, try a young ficus or smth similarily easy and see if you can get it to survive a year, especially if you can get it through a winter. If you buy one all you really need to do is water, fertilise, occasionally trim and repot every 2-3 years. It's very easy to get into. :)

Are you allowed to grow outside? Seems like a much easier approach. If you grow indoors in a tent you're going to need artificial lighting, humidifiers, etc that all ramp up your electricity bill.

I knew rei wanted get an oder proof tent so he can grow weed.

i looked up growing cannabis, seems like wayyyy too much effort if you can't grow it outside

esp if we're talking about weed 'cause if you're smoking it you're not gonna wanna do all that work

If only I could grow a coca plant- I've yet to meet a person who hated the smell of it.

19 hours ago, Sophocles said:

i looked up growing cannabis, seems like wayyyy too much effort if you can't grow it outside

esp if we're talking about weed 'cause if you're smoking it you're not gonna wanna do all that work

Outside grows affect the quality a fair bit vs completely controlled light cycles

I like the idea of a "spacebucket" - using 5gal buckets stacked to grow

It seems like a lot of startup effort but once you get going it doesnt seem too bad

On 3/13/2017 at 10:33 AM, rei said:

you got unwifed? 

On 3/13/2017 at 7:31 PM, Bazoo said:

Yes I feel like I have missed significant events in your life, Draigun

I can use this post to catch you guise up.

Shortly after Worlds in Orlando, came back home. Found out she was sleeping with a guy from way back. Tried to be the good husband, chalk it up as a mistake and still work it out. Both of us went through shares of therapy & panic attacks. I still had work to do and despite efforts to do the right thing, she wasn't on board with keeping it going, felt like she could do better with other guy even though I was doing my part since the very beginning (which she realized recently).

Broke it off mentally in December, she's enamored with other guy. Meanwhile I'm enjoying life, building up in many aspects. Also, no sooner after breaking it off, another lady showed up and we've been dating since then. Only problem is the current living situation since we're still under the same roof until the end of July. I'm already 2/3 done with securing my next apartment and doing Uber has helped greatly, even with studying for the NASM PT certification test coming up in May. Speaking of May, the divorce process is beginning then. Should have been before then but she wanted to see a lawyer about "things that she's obligated to" but wants the process to be as smooth as possible lmao.

Back to new girl that I'm dating: Way more ambitious than departing wife, holds 2 jobs & a BS degree, has bisexual tendencies. Think Velma from Scooby Doo but w/ brown hair & big ass. 

Anyway, Uber has been holding me up good, working way better for me than Target did, left that shithole earlier this month.  Also locked my hair, trying to get it to shoulder length. 

So yeah, that's been my life since August of last year.

On 3/17/2017 at 2:57 PM, Marigold said:

Funny enough, Ska is my shat

Good

shit man that's intense. sounds like you got a good thing going rich and you're making the most of it.

i have blagged my way from physics to head of computer science at my current school, assuming i get the job on the interview on tuesday. haven't done any real programming since uni and never tried python. but apparently that's standard so have from now until sept to learn it to some decent standard. i have experience in c and matlab so should be ok. comes with a big pay rise and climbing the ladder, next logical step from here is assistant head in 3-5 years. head in 10. boom.

when you didn't realize you were stuck in the backlog.. and you post talking about everyone missing everyone, and here i am missing people that are posting in backlog.. 

thats the worst

and paul python is the easiest language ever, with one caveat - when i was using python 3.0 just came out and broke a lot of stuff with 2.x, so everyone was sticking with 2.x unti; 3 was more mature, im not sure how mature 3 is now

Rich out here getting threesomes and I'm just breaking a 2.5 week dryspell, smh

Same. Shark week followed by the flu. She was under an angry quarantine. 

shark week an issue for her or you? 

She doesn't like it. No logical reasoning found.

I just got a second job doing consulting for an Ohio business intelligence firm

thats right

I have literally taken an american's job