Sign in to follow this  
Unknown001

Compilers and decompilers

Unknown001    1345

Anyone have some suggested programs? or are they all relatively the same?

Gonna major in Computer Engineering and learning C++ is mandatory

Currently using Code::Blocks

+rei+    34512

gcc.

+rei+    34512

Visual Studio is actually solid. The fact he wants an IDE and asked for a compiler makes me think he might be dumb. The fact that he asked for a decompiler confirms it.

»Starwind    1777

Visual Studio is actually solid. The fact he wants an IDE and asked for a compiler makes me think he might be dumb. The fact that he asked for a decompiler confirms it.

Visual Studio is solid until you have to do some sort of systems level programming, in which case you will want an ssh client and a unix server.

Unknown001    1345

by "they" i meant products, if that clears up anything o.o

meh thread served its purpose i guess lol

+rei+    34512

Visual Studio is solid until you have to do some sort of systems level programming, in which case you will want an ssh client and a unix server.

Yea, but I'm sure his profs will give him access to that when time requires it.

by "they" i meant products, if that clears up anything o.o

meh thread served its purpose i guess lol

Now I'm more confused.

Most colleges use Visual Studio, so that's probably what you're going to be working with. It's fairly intuitive and, like Starwind said, can handle most everything you're going to be doing in beginner's classes.

+rei+    34512

yea, though i'd actually suggest eclipse over it just for jumping in to other work and other platforms if so inclined.

What do I know the only IDE I've ever used was NetBeans (though I just installed eclipse to teach myself C++ when im too lazy to vi it up)

NetBeans is good too. I used that in my introductory Java courses, though I much prefer the C languages now that I've gotten into them.

+rei+    34512

Because Java is any less of a C language than say, C#.

+rei+    34512

Honestly I don't. Java is effectively C-Derived, it's just an interpreted language. And of course C# can do anything C++ can (outside of compiling easily crossplatform), so yea, really don't.

+rei+    34512

and I'm calling you out saying the differences between C# and Java are so trivial I don't see why you'd make that distinction.