Dominator

Starcraft 2

+rei+    34993
jaedong is probably the most interesting Kespa to watch atm, he's been doing some crazy shit, but i dont think that makes him a top tier Code S player

in other news R is fun as shit.

+rei+    34993
Jaedong really brought the fight to MC but lost on little mistakes. Sux.

+rei+    34993
yeah for sure - for now though I'd say he's on par with the best of Code A / lesser end of Code S.

Malcolm's Multi    1918
he is a low tier code s player and in a different group he absolutely could have advanced.

mc has not played well today and mkp could take him out right now.

curious was way out of character with how well he played today. i dont expect him to make it past the next stage but nice to see him make it out of a group like this.
  • Upvote 1

+rei+    34993
MKP just broke the boss toss

»Catalyst    197
Did not expect MKP to beat MC at all. But to be honest MC was really poor today and could've gone 0-2 if Jaedong didn't think that he was playing Brood War at times. Lost to MKP just because of that.

Curious absolutely wrecked today, fantastic performances.

DoubleDee    10
HMU i'm on most days, mainly the weekends, sunday is locals so yeh...

edit: me and my friend cast a tourney on saturdays, if you guys want to join: Eddma's Tournament cup ! :D

Malcolm's Multi    1918
so im tanking to bronze and i win cause kids leave while im doing stupid horrible strats.

i lost like 20 matches and still have no dropped down

DoubleDee    10
Sadly, I haven't been keeping up with the sc2 meta, but hopefully it hasn't changed that much :P

anyway, here's my intro to the tournament that's going to be tommorow 8:30CST

Hello, hello, hello! here again... with our weekly tournament on playhem if you guys want to join. It IS streamed. I'll be playing in it myself, so come on down! :)

[url="http://playhem.com/#!/tourney/24921"]http://playhem.com/#!/tourney/24921[/url]

Not sure if links are allowed, but if they are, that'd be cool..

Right now we're just a bronze-gold tournament, but if we get big enough and more requests, we can start other tourneys.... maybe even actual prizes! :D

»Catalyst    197
WCS Korea and TSL4 champion. Creator should be Code S again next season imo. Should be one of the favorites to win Code A this season. 3-0'd MarineKing, Nerchio, and 3-1'd Leenock this summer while also beating DRG, HerO, and Parting in the WCS too.

Only 15 years old.

Malcolm's Multi    1918
[quote name='Mobile Suit Pikachu' timestamp='1347419122' post='3278773']
He'll miss out on too many tournies
[/quote]

not really seeing as he will be out in the first round

»Catalyst    197
no. there are lots of players worse than stephano in the first round of the GSL. there's MAYBE one or two groups in the SECOND round groups this season that he wouldn't make it out of.

Also let's not ignore the fact that Naniwa top 8'd two seasons in a row and let's be honest Naniwa is worse than Stephano.
  • Downvote 2

»Catalyst    197
you couldn't be more wrong, but if you'd rather just make claims rather than back anything up then that's completely your choice and I'm not going to pursue anything any further.

Malcolm's Multi    1918
and you did anything different? stephano is a good player but most likely he would not do well in the gsl for a ton of different reasons. his zvp is obviously very good but his other matchups are not up to the level of the better korean players. his results in foreign tournaments hold little bearing on how well he would do in the gsl because it is different than anything he has prepared for. you are just straight up wrong in thinking he would miraculously coast through the top 32 and then have a pretty easy time getting through the top 16. naniwa simply had a hot run through sheer dedication and allinning the fuck out of everyone he played. he also had good matchups along the way.

you really dont know what you are talking about.

+rei+    34993
I think he's better than the foreign code S players that have gone through before.
  • Upvote 1

»Catalyst    197
Because it's such good rationale to think that naniwa can get through it with practice and dedication and stephano can't? Stephano has beaten the likes of MMA and MarineKing before in best of 3s, he has gotten toe to toe with MC and Nestea in their primes. Stephano recently crushed TaeJa and Hero, like the games weren't even close. He wouldn't coast through, but he will definitely be considered a huge favorite to make it past the group stages.

I've been watching the GSL pretty closely this season because my schedule works out like that. Weren't you the one who thought Curious wouldn't make it out of his group at all? And then he crushed MC and roflstomp'd MarineKing on his way to topping the group? Do -you- watch the GSL at all? Or do you just fellate korean players because you were told that they were that good? Lots of players in the GSL fuck up worse than minor tournament players and if you actually watched the GSL you would know that Stephano's level of play is up there with the mid-tier for sure.

Also, MULTIPLE casters, including -TASTOSIS- themselves, multiple KOREANS, rank Stephano as an S class player. But no, you know more than all of them really you do.

Your disgusting bias against him is pitiful and your attacks against me are ridiculously mean and show a severe lack of maturity. I remembered what about this forum made me not want to post here anymore. It's people like you who will, rather than just take the time to be nice and explain a few things, go straight to attacking someone you really don't know at all.

Please reconsider your life, dude.
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Malcolm's Multi    1918
your post is hilarious. curious has been a code s mainstay who is on the bottom tier. upsets happen all the time in a game like sc2 and curious had a great day. i said there was a lot more to it than naniwa just being dedicated as fuck to succeeding in the gsl. I fucking hate the prick and everything went perfect for him to make it as far as he did not only once but twice. not surprising to me he went out in the first round this time and comparing his mindset to stephano is extremely rational because it isnt the fact that stephano cant dedicate himself to the degree of naniwa it is the fact that everything about the guy screams he wont.

I have watched every single season of the gsl since the inception of sc2 and i actually do know much more than you about the players and what the tournament is like believe it or not!

you using results in tournaments that dont matter to the vast majority of the top korean players is pointless. oh no stephano beat taeja in a tournament he doesnt give a fuck about because he is busy training for his ro16 match that actually matters!

stephano is not a bad player at all but he is absolutely overrated by people who dont understand much about how the gsl works and what it takes. stephano picks on the weak foreigner player base and makes bank doing so but i will never recognize him as anything other than a pro athlete playing with highschool kids. could he make it out of the first round? absolutely. could he make it out of the top 16? absolutely. it just is not very likely on his first trip to the gsl and you can be sure he will never give the gsl a second look if he has to go through code a.

and if me saying i dont think you understand what the gsl is about makes you this upset then i would suggest not venturing out into the world because someone might say something even meaner than that!

Malcolm's Multi    1918
ive determined it is impossible for me to drop any lower than gold for some reason. ive been trying to tank down for a week now and i cant get past gold.

+rei+    34993
i probably should have MMR dropped to bronze but didn't. WHatever I can play Z and P at a silver level now so I'm not going anywhere.

what are you usually paired vs mmr wise? You until you start hitting low bronzes dotn worry
[and are you just join-surrendering?]