»Pharaoh Atem    15769
[quote name='Ultimate Buffalo' timestamp='1355075128' post='3343650']
[quote name='darkruler' timestamp='1355074664' post='3343644']
[quote name='benthegreat' timestamp='1355073770' post='3343637']
[quote name='Ultimate Buffalo' timestamp='1354998812' post='3343175']
benthegreat, its exact same as WoW mmo philosophy. the two games draw such contrasting parallels its unreal.
[/quote]

I don't play WoW. What's the parallel?
[/quote]
You'd think after so much time and expansions and dumbing down of the game that most people couldn't be as bad, but the truth is, that most of the population in WoW are terrible, kind of like how we see on DN. It amazes me and other how some people can be just so bad when everything is literally handed to them and so easy to do.

An example I can give you is for the DPS (Damage dealers): Lets say the average damage per second you should be doing is around 60,000 in regular gear. You'll have people in average to above average gear doing 30k DPS. Sometimes even less. It's just amazing how terrible some people are at the game and how easy it is to be good if not just average.

Applies to Yugioh too, as it amazes us how some people can be just so bad that they don't understand the most basic of basic gameplay mechanics.

[/quote]

pretty much this. the Looking for Raid feature is basically their way of saying " No Retard Left Behind", because the fact most players couldnt get their shit together and sort Gems/gear / attack rotation / watching out for fire a lot of people ended up missing out on raiding which is one of the core reasons for playing, so they made a "superduperhypermegaeasy" version of raids which were impossible to mess up, and you still had people QQing on forums and crying about loot "that is rightfully theirs". basically they wanted to be rewarded for playing a game they put no effort into becoming better at.

read up on 4.0 - basically when last expansion hit, it had fresh new dungeons, new bosses new challenges, but because lots of people were used to faceroll WOTLK dungeons which were AOE zergfests, they all got cockblocked and kept wiping over and over coz they didnt read tactics or know how to play thier classes. so everything got blanket nerfed, and in latest expansion they went back to AOE lolfest with "challenge modes" instead of hard content. One example, my mates guild has normal progression, 6/6 HC MV, and few other hard modes down, yet i see one guild that hasnt even cleared normal mode of the first raid yet (2/6).
[/quote]

You're sugarcoating it

LFR does have one nice function, though - you can see raid content with fewer people, and you can bring an audience, and it's fast if you don't have the time to get in good w/ an established group and/or have a shitty-variable work schedule

That much said, folks being bad at WoW makes sense when you realize WoW isn't a game where folks are meant to expect a lesson on "how to play" - they're expected to get a lesson on "how do I control my guy" and then they're supposed to figure it out from there.

YGO doesn't have a "guy" for you to control - so Konami HAS to teach us "how to play" in a more direct sense. Thus, folks being bad at YGO reflects a bit worse on Konami than folks being bad at WoW reflects on Blizzard.

That, and Blizzard gave us The Lost Vikings. I'll forgive them every last bad player in WoW just because of that.

Matticus    2253
I tend to just play unrated these days, that way if I do come across someone who doesn't know what the fuck they're doing, I can just bail and not give a shit.

I've also met a few cool guys playing unrated. Then again, it's always a nice feeling when you play a random who can give you a good game and is generally fun to talk to as well.

Grimey    8114
is the joke behind that one picture, the fact that he is playing Birdman in Atlantean?
  • Upvote 1

Kyary    2424
[quote name='Grimey' timestamp='1355088408' post='3343822']
is the joke behind that one picture, the fact that he is playing Birdman in Atlantean?
[/quote]

Probably. Also that his opponent's acting like they're playing Call of Duty.

[quote name='Pharaoh Atem' timestamp='1355088104' post='3343817']

That, and Blizzard gave us The Lost Vikings. I'll forgive them every last bad player in WoW just because of that.
[/quote]

dont forget the underated [media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RTXG3y5pRwk[/media]

but what blizz does though, it FORCES guilds into running LFR just to get the upgrades as they are directly better than quest and daily rewards,so you have the best chance of clearing heroics and getting into better guilds as you can. and Blizzard EXPECTS good raiders to be in the LFR to teach the less experienced / baddies how to play and do bosses, show them what to do etc and carry the rest of the lumbering group with them with their 4k heals and 8.9k dps. the Ganalon (?) saga recently, good lord, thank god i quit, LFR never cleared coz of noobs.

in some way konami prob expect the same for yugi,get the better players to constantly teach the worse ones, but the way the game plays out sometimes its just as bad as LFR, it forces you to upgrade your deck and get certain cards mainly becuase the shift in the meta demands it so, like you had to drop $40 a time to get maxx c otherwise you couldnt keep up with plants, or you had to get crush card virus or you couldnt be as competitive as the other teledad decks, but thats the secondary market and the busted exclusives more than anything else. but you get pockets whereby the playerbase is just as horrid/antisocial as wow, and cares more about swag /ripping trades than helping their fellow players get better, and making their locals a more rounded and enjoyable experience. and with LFR more experienced raiders were there (under old loot ) to rip off the beginners for offspec gear.

»Tygo    14128
I know I'm running a shitty fun deck. I know that it's obviously not going to win all the time. If they outplay me and they win, cool. If I draw bad or they just have all the outs, w/e. Not that mad.

When I drop 6 straight games to 1 out rips and horrible players who I have to correct on rulings several times, I think it's time to stop trying to have fun in this game.

»Tygo    14128
Wow that mod was retarded and that player was a gigantic faggot.

nathanial swank    7456
ok, so my opponent summons tour guide, activates effect, i negte with solemn warning. he activates duality, and i say he cant. so i call the admin and he says he can....i say that wrong, and ask for an appeal. the mod says i cant....................so after my opponent keeps harassing me i get a game loss!

nafetheninja: eff
AWES0ME: eff
nafetheninja has lost 2000 life points
nafetheninja: cant
nafetheninja: you attempted to special summon
AWES0ME: but i didn't
nafetheninja has called an admin
nafetheninja: tour guide
darwindawkins: how can i help
AWES0ME: hmm
AWES0ME: opponent called
AWES0ME: i don't know what the problem is
darwindawkins: nafe?
nafetheninja: hi
nafetheninja: he summon tour guide
nafetheninja: activated effect, i solemn warning
nafetheninja: he cannot activate pot of duality
nafetheninja: because he attempted to special summon
AWES0ME: but i did not, howeber
AWES0ME: the eff to special was not resolved
nafetheninja: you did attempt to activate tour guide's effect
AWES0ME: so what
darwindawkins: He can activate Duality. Since the activation of Veiler's effect was negated.
nafetheninja: no
AWES0ME: ooo
nafetheninja: that is incorrect
AWES0ME: this is getting good
AWES0ME: let me grab a snack
nafetheninja: I would like to appeal
AWES0ME: lol noob
nafetheninja: noob?
nafetheninja: im right
AWES0ME: no, you are not actually
nafetheninja: please bring a different admin
AWES0ME: you see, special summons such as bls and jd being attempted, but negated by warning will cause one to not activate pot
nafetheninja: i dont need your reasoning
AWES0ME: however, if the effect to special was negated, one can activated pot
nafetheninja: i need a different admin
AWES0ME: it isn't my reasoning
AWES0ME: game mechanics
darwindawkins: Rulings on dn are final if you would like I can provide you with an explanation.
nafetheninja: i can appeal
AWES0ME: i'm guessing you top at your locals daily?
nafetheninja: actually
nafetheninja: i have a ycs top
darwindawkins: You cannot you must continue play with the ruling I have issued this is not an event it is dn.
AWES0ME: you're a bit too confident for someone who is wrong
darwindawkins: I am actually aware of that but it is immaterial.
AWES0ME: ycs top...ooooo
AWES0ME: i am so impressed
AWES0ME: i'm going to frame your name on my wall now
AWES0ME: so afraid to admit you were noobisly wrong
darwindawkins: Please continue the duel or I will be forced to issue a game loss for non-compliance.
nafetheninja: i want to appeal
AWES0ME: he topped at a ycs
AWES0ME: he must know what he's talking about
AWES0ME: he's legit
nafetheninja: dude
nafetheninja: shut up
AWES0ME: i'm trying to help you out
nafetheninja: you're annoying
AWES0ME: geez, give me a break
nafetheninja: i can appeal mod
AWES0ME: i can't let anyone in this world make themself look like a retard
nafetheninja: please shut up
AWES0ME: please don't tell me what to do when you are, in fact, very wrong
nafetheninja: actually, im right
AWES0ME: you don't want to be wrong twice in a roll now, do you?
nafetheninja: you're wrong
AWES0ME: actually, you topped at a ycs
nafetheninja: be quiet
nafetheninja: mod, please tell awesome to be quiet
AWES0ME: didn't realize we were in korea
darwindawkins: Ok, with something like effect veiler on Tour Guide you would not be able to activate Pot of Duality in the same turn, this is because Veiler does not negate the activation of the effect just the effect itself. However if something like solemn warning, evolzar dolkka, or Herald of Orange Light are used to negate Tour Guide's effect's activation you can activate Duality.
AWES0ME: there
AWES0ME: you
nafetheninja: again
AWES0ME: are
AWES0ME: wrong
nafetheninja: i would like to appeal
nafetheninja: can i please have a different mod
AWES0ME: wrong wrong wrong!
AWES0ME: ycs....pffft
darwindawkins: There will be no appeal this is your last chance to continue usually when we are this busy I do not bother waiting so long to issue a game loss but I know you are the type of player who can understand this.
nafetheninja: mod
nafetheninja: i am allowed to appeal
An admin gave nafetheninja a game loss
AWES0ME: yayyy
AWES0ME: noooooob
AWES0ME: noooob
AWES0ME: noooob
AWES0ME has left the duel

[img]http://i.imgur.com/iR55V.png[/img]
[img]http://i.imgur.com/XcVcd.png[/img]

edit: also i may be wrong in the ruling, but when i looked it up and asked others i was right. but still, i am allowed to appeal and my opponent was being ridiculous

Fierce    491
followed by:
[img]http://i.imgur.com/J0diS.png[/img]
[img]http://i.imgur.com/yjsN3.png[/img]

»Tygo    14128
For the record, we know we made a mistake with the ruling. Regardless of you being right or wrong, this mod wouldnt give you an appeal because.... they were too busy? THEN WHATS THE POINT OF THE RULES SAYING WE CAN APPEAL?

Also, AWES0ME harassed the shit out of him and received no warning to stop.

»rap tap    20154
is it because i've hit like 1500+ that every single one of my duels has 30+ watchers now?

because i don't like everyone seeing how poor a sport i am when i lose :(
  • Upvote 2

aurirevoir    2879
yeah they changed the sorting on the watch list. before it was sorted alphabetically, which is why so many people made !!!!!!! accounts to get watchers. they changed it to sort by highest rating on top now

btw I think darwindawkins is Farester on here

»rap tap    20154
i suppose that rewards me for playing well but all it really means is every time i tab into watcher's chat it's like "OMG WOW USING X DECK WHAT A NO0B0B0B0BB" "LOL UMAD BROTHER" "WHAT IF HE HAS KURIBOH XD"
  • Upvote 4

sandwiches    615
If it isn't already, denying an appeal should probably be an insta-demod.
  • Upvote 5
  • Downvote 2

nathanial swank    7456
[quote name='sandwiches' timestamp='1355113816' post='3344143']
If it isn't already, denying an appeal should probably be an insta-demod.
[/quote]
yes

it doesnt help my opponent was being annoying as hell and the mod didnt say anything

and i was polite to the mod

aurirevoir    2879
denying appeals isn't uncommon if there are only a couple of admins online, especially if the admin is pretty certain of the ruling.

sorry for butting in, but do dn admins have special lines for appeals? I'm just speaking from experience for someone that modded dn for a short while, but the amount of pms you get are brutal as it is, on top of throwing appeals into the mix.
also I kind of found nafe's constant pleading for an appeal/another admin quite annoying (no offense nafe) despite awes0me being a huge faggot. I suppose i'm saying all this because darwin was right on his ruling, maybe he didn't handle everything the right way

sandwiches    615
Yeah, the only part messed up is that he didn't warn him enough.

As long as you're super certain and there aren't many admins on you can give wrong rulings and deny appeals

that part isn't messed up.