Final_Vent

YGO General Finance Thread (ask questions about shit here)

»canasian    4105

Only listing on TCGplayer is for $7, so I guess around there if you could find someone willing to buy it

Wumbologist    14205
46 minutes ago, canasian said:

Only listing on TCGplayer is for $7, so I guess around there if you could find someone willing to buy it

That's the regular super rare one. There is a misprint that is ultra rare. 

Squiddy    9173

probably close to 150-200, thats wat the last one sold for a while back and since wing blast is still arnd 300-350 (|:|)

• Upvote 2

tcgbroker    29
On 10/1/2016 at 8:06 AM, TRUMPOLOGIST said:

Does anyone know what a misprint CP06 Destiny Hero Fear Monger ultra rare is worth?

I have seen it sell for $200 two years ago and for $300 a year ago.

• Upvote 2

I heard of a Misprint Fear Monger going for over $ 500 back in the Summer although that seems overpriced to me

NB96    860

Do chase cards go up in value the week of YCS? Thinking of selling Pots on the week of YCS Liverpool in case I can make a little more out of people who desperately need them in time but I'm no baller at buying and selling.

Me.    58

If you're present at the even during the Friday you could probably get a bit extra out of them just off people desperately needing them. Although I'd expect that the gain would be lost in shipping costs if you have to get new ones from cardmarket. Probably, it's just not enough money to be worth the trouble.

Brand    253

How would you go about getting the value on a mat? I picked up a Quasar con exclusive mat and IDK what to value it at, there are only a couple on Ebay and theyre asking for some crazy amount, and i cant find it on other sites.

Brand    253

How would you go about getting the value on a mat? I picked up a Quasar con exclusive mat and IDK what to value it at, there are only a couple on Ebay and theyre asking for some crazy amount, and i cant find it on other sites.

1 hour ago, Brand said:

Out of curiosity how much did you get yours for? I've got one I'm trying to get rid of, but like you said, finding an accurate value is pretty damn hard.

Brand    253
2 hours ago, The Antagonist said:

Out of curiosity how much did you get yours for? I've got one I'm trying to get rid of, but like you said, finding an accurate value is pretty damn hard.

40ish, there is like one for 75 and the rest are 110-130.

• Upvote 1

Brand    253
2 hours ago, The Antagonist said:

40ish, there is like one for 75 and the rest are 110-130.

+Silver    1012
On 10/10/2016 at 8:24 AM, NB96 said:

Do chase cards go up in value the week of YCS? Thinking of selling Pots on the week of YCS Liverpool in case I can make a little more out of people who desperately need them in time but I'm no baller at buying and selling.

they do.

it is not really demand but backpack vendors buying out the card at the event so they can make a few extra dollars.

tried to get desires for 75s at los angeles regionals from well known backpack vendors and they tried to get me to get theirs for 100s because apparently somebody bought all the ones under 95. at the event.

lok.

+Silver    1012
On 9/27/2016 at 3:17 PM, Squiddy said:

ur rite i dont make any money off yugioh - its a hobby so unless u do it full time any "profit" is just chump change

for the time u spend making a few grand u could have made a lot more assuming one has other skills/degree etc .  but thats irrelevant of coarse

my point about ultimates/secrets/high rarity being the hype exactly, u can buy things like ultra mask of restricts or ulti vanitys fiends when u saw new support or decks in the ocg playing them and then they jump to big numbers and u just off load them.

i dont mean buying them after the prices goes up. just looking at the game and making predictions, for example secret chaos hunters were 5s a week ago and were being played in the ocg, now theyre upwards of 15. its easy to spot trends by looking at ocg deck recipes cuz tcg is slow and prices dont go up until the late players generate hype. and yes i meant random commons and rares are basically impossible to predict and ur basically just gambling by holding 0.25 cent cards. obviously if u know theyre going to be good then stock up on them by means but modern things like metalfoes seems pretty bad. it might take half a year for them to be scarce and worth anything. and by then they could already be rotated out or banned. plus theyre already like 1-2$ so that would be terible decision to hold and get all hype trying to move them for 4-5s and making like 2$ each after fees. lol

ye you shouldnt hold anything for that long anyway. once you buy them, you should start selling asap. 

from experience, it is always good to get low rarity prints of relevant cards (mask of restrict, kuraz, diamond dire wolf, castel gold, bahamut shark) than to get high rarity if you are a vendor or someone that can be dedicated to selling stuff that is low rarity. better to get the 3x 2-3 dollar diamond dire wolf super than 1x secret first because in the long term, its easier to move to the wider range playerbase. 

• Upvote 1

Me.    58
39 minutes ago, Ultimate Buffalo said:

why is floodgate trap hole gone up

Rafflessia is nuts.

true but still,.. Either way its usually just bth/treacherous, others not as much. and seen almost no play of it anywhere

Edited by Ultimate Buffalo

It's been trending upwards ever since it got released. Same thing happened with Quaking Mirror Force. Casuals love those kinds of cards.

• Upvote 2

Blacklisted    1330

Yo where do you draw the line between an opportunist and a a scumbag?

Today I was at locals and a guy had bought and cracked a box. I ask him what he pulled and he showed me his pile of cards and I noticed there was an Alkahest and Toad of which both I needed. I asked him for the value of the cards and he asked if I had trades. I handed him my binder and he went through it while talking to me about how he recently got into the game and wanted to collect all these anime cards and picked out a Nirvana High Paladin and a Number 96 Dark Mist thing and asked me if I wanted a straight swap and I said sure. Now he wasn't a little kid or anything, if I were to guess he's probs some guy in post-grad or working.

• Upvote 1

Arksyn    16

If you let him know what both ends are worth and he was still okay with it then it's fine but still kinda scummy lol

ACP    33418

So dudes, are there any really sick black friday deals coming up (for either YGO or MTG)? In the past, I recall there being some insane deals on various kinds of sealed product to the point where you could just wait a month and make free money.