Pengwan

Evolzar Rabbit - Discussion

2903 posts in this topic

Rabbit - Discussion

This article will cover Rabbit (only the Evol Variant until another surfaces). This deck aims to use Rescue Rabbit to create 1 card Rank 4 Summons, mainly the 2 Evolzar Xyz Monsters. This deck has a lot of potential, especially when factoring in the TCG Exclusive Tour Guide From the Underworld.

Monster Core:

RescueRabbitPHSW-EN-OP.jpg

This card cannot be Special Summoned from the Deck. During your Main Phase: You can banish this face-up card; Special Summon 2 Level 4 or lower Normal Monsters with the same name from your Deck. Those monsters are destroyed during the End Phase. The effect of "Rescue Rabbit" can only be used once per turn.

Konami's failed attempt at making a balanced version of Rescue Cat, this card opens up competitive possibilities for Normal Monsters. Alongside Tour Guide this card becomes deadly with Leviair the Sea Dragon. Common Rabbit plays are to go into 2 Kabazauls or 2 Sabersaurus for Laggia/Dolkka.

300px-TourGuideFromtheUnderworldEXVC-EN-ScR-1E.png

There is no reason not to use Tour Guide in this deck. Leviair is for lack of a better phrase, the stone cold nuts in this deck. Sangan searches Rabbit and Tour Guide gets Leviair who gets back Rabbit.

Normal Monsters:

Kabazauls

Sabersaurus

These are the 2 strongest Level 4 Dinosaurs in the game, so you run them for Laggia. Drawing them is not enjoyable but you can survive, especially since they have solid stats and can be Normal Summoned to Xyz Summon for Laggia/Dolkka.

Outside of the above Monsters, your Monster line-up should probably consist of various generic Tech Monsters, similar to how Plants operate. Gorz, Thunder King, Maxx "C", Veiler, and etc are all good choices. The Jurrac monsters are also worth consideration.

Spells & Traps

300px-EnemyControllerDLDI-EN-C-UE.jpg

This deck has trouble with big guys if they are already on the field, and similar to Plants Controller + Tour Guide lets you trigger the Sangan search.

300px-ForbiddenLanceSTOR-EN-SR-1E.jpg

Can be used alongside/instead of Controller if you prefer it, lets you push through Summons and backs up Laggia/Dolkka nicely.

Rest of your Spells & Traps will probably just be generic cards that work nicely with the deck. Gold Sarcophagus vs. Pot of Duality is the old on-going debate, it is up to you to decide which you prefer. Both could be run if you somehow find room.

Please understand that if you play this deck you need to run defensive support for Xyz Monsters. Dolkka/Laggia protect themselves to a degree but they are significantly better when backed up by backrow, so include some.

Extra Deck

EvolzarLaggiaPHSW-EN-OP.png

The lynchpin Xyz of the deck, Laggia is basically Solemn Judgment with legs. The beauty of Laggia is that barring things like Ryko/Snowman Eater, your opponent is almost always going to have to give up 2 cards to get rid of a card that you used 1 card to make. It is an accepted fact that consistently trading 1 of your cards for 2 of your opponents is an excellent dueling strategy.

EvolzarDolkkaPHSW-EN-OP.png

Laggia's partner in crime, this card basically covers the things Laggia can't get. Having Laggia on the field and summoning Tour Guide -> Leviair -> Dolkka will be absolutely brutal, and this card may outshine Laggia in certain matchups.

300px-LeviairtheSeaDragonGENF-EN-UR-1E.png

Rabbit banishes itself for effect, Tour Guide makes Leviair. Leviair gets back Rabbit. There really is not much else that can be said, you only have to see this happen once to realize how good it is.

Other good Rank 3/4 Monsters should be included just so you have alternate options when you need them, and Synchros are dependant on your Monster line-up.

Only time will tell if this deck proves itself as a Tier 1 deck, but the potential is here for sure. There are issues the deck will have to overcome, such as struggling with +2400 ATK Monsters once they get on the field and drawing mass Normal Monsters, but this deck is a legitimate contender for best deck post Photon Shockwave.

Edited by Exiled

This is my Freezerdon/Lagia troll thing I use on DN, pretty much the build that someone posted in the Lagia thread was but its more consistent then I expected and pretty lulzy to get the combo off

Monsters: 20

3 Cyber Dragon

3 Kabazauls

3 Rescue Rabbit

3 Sabersaurus

3 Tour Guide From the Underworld

2 Effect Veiler

1 Black Luster Soldier - Envoy of the Beginning

1 Gorz the Emissary of Darkness

1 Sangan

Spells: 14

3 Instant Fusion

3 Mystical Space Typhoon

2 Gold Sarcophagus

1 Book of Moon

1 Dark Hole

1 Heavy Storm

1 Mind Control

1 Monster Reborn

1 Pot of Avarice

Traps: 8

2 Bottomless Trap Hole

2 Solemn Warning

1 Mirror Force

1 Solemn Judgment

1 Torrential Tribute

1 Trap Dustshoot

Extra Deck:

1 Flame Ghost

1 Darkfire Dragon

1 Reaper on the Nightmare

1 Ally of Justice Catastor

1 Brionac, Dragon of the Ice Barrier

1 Stardust Dragon

1 Leviair the Sea Dragon

1 Number 17: Leviathan Dragon

1 Evigishki Merrowgeist

2 Evolkaiser Lagia

1 Gem-Knight Pearl

1 Number 39: Utopia

1 Number 19: Freezerdon

1 Number 61: Volcasaurus

Only card in the Extra I haven't summoned yet is Tiras so I guess its cuttable but I can see some situations I would want Tiras so I'm probably not going to. I barely get the Freezerdon thing off but I don't really have to to win and Volcasaurus is fucking retarded anyway.

edit: Realized not running Merrowgeist so cut Tiras for that

rescue rabbit is best played with 3 copies of http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Sabersaurus and 3 http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Kabazauls. Also, i have yet to see any deck either in Dn or with proxies that uses Fossil Dig, as unless you're playing the macro cosmos version, you don't use dinos outside of the normals.

Add in the http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Evolkaiser_Lagia - http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Number_19:_Freezerdon combo please, its insane and this deck can abuse it as well if made right

Please note the other versions of rabbit as well; Ojamas/GBs/Gem Knights etc :)

good basic info :)

Only thing that blows about the deck is opening/drawing into the vanilla. Aside from that, Rabbit Ragia is broke.

This is my Freezerdon/Lagia troll thing I use on DN, pretty much the build that someone posted in the Lagia thread was but its more consistent then I expected and pretty lulzy to get the combo off

3 Cyber Dragon

3 Kabazauls

3 Rescue Rabbit

3 Sabersaurus

3 Tour Guide From the Underworld

2 Effect Veiler

1 Black Luster Soldier - Envoy of the Beginning

1 Sangan

Spells: 14

3 Instant Fusion

3 Mystical Space Typhoon

2 Gold Sarcophagus

1 Book of Moon

1 Dark Hole

1 Heavy Storm

1 Mind Control

1 Monster Reborn

1 Pot of Avarice

2 Bottomless Trap Hole

2 Solemn Warning

1 Mirror Force

1 Solemn Judgment

1 Torrential Tribute

1 Trap Dustshoot

Extra Deck:

1 Flame Ghost

1 Darkfire Dragon

1 Reaper on the Nightmare

1 Stardust Dragon

1 Leviair the Sea Dragon

1 Number 17: Leviathan Dragon

2 Evolkaiser Lagia

1 Gem-Knight Pearl

1 Number 39: Utopia

1 Number 19: Freezerdon

1 Tiras, Keeper of Genesis

Only card in the Extra I haven't summoned yet is Tiras so I guess its cuttable but I can see some situations I would want Tiras so I'm probably not going to. I barely get the Freezerdon thing off but I don't really have to to win and Volcasaurus is fucking retarded anyway.

I see you took a liking to that build I posted :)

It seemed like a funny little combo that would make people rage so I tried it. I've played 18 games with it, 15-3. I have summoned Freezerdon once those 18 games. Almost every game I win I just summon Lagia, + off it then ride that to victory or Tour Guide ends them next turn by getting back Rabbit.

@ father_dead: I appreciate the effort but I don't think you have to Wiki link to Kabazauls and Sabersaurus, especially Sabersaurus since everybody on DGz probably knows that it stays at 1900 its a vanilla 1900 Dinosaur. And I want to exclude cards like Freezerdon from the OP since they are to my knowledge not currently slated for TCG release. If and when they are I will add them but none of the other Deck Discussions are based around cards the TCG has no idea when its getting so why change that now?

I don't think the discussion should be limited to Dinosaurs. I'm sure ppl will get tired of drawing multiple shitty normals and will break the deck some other way.

Ragia gets raped by >2400 mons. For that reason, and decks using the Jurracs, I like using Forbidden Lance.

I don't think the discussion should be limited to Dinosaurs. I'm sure ppl will get tired of drawing multiple shitty normals and will break the deck some other way.

I never said this discussion is limited to DInosaurs, read the OP carefully. I said this article will focus mostly on Dinosaurs because as of right now it is the only Rabbit variant I consistently see in OCG decklists. If another version becomes popular or rises up it can easily be added to the OP, but as of right now Dinosaur Rabbit seems to be the only version that has had consistent success.

edit: In case this isn't clear enough, this Discussion thread is for all Rabbit Variants (except GB because that can obviously just go in the GB Discussion thread. I want DGz to find as many ways as possible to break Rabbit, so please discuss more than just the Dinosaur build.

Pretty sure I saw this variant somewhere (Shriek iirc) but it interested me so I made a rough draft one DN:

3 Disk Magician

3 Machina Gearframe

3 Mechanicalchaser

3 Rescue Rabbit

2 Black Salvo

2 Effect Veiler

2 Machina Fortress

1 Machina Force

Spells: 12

3 Mystical Space Typhoon

2 Pot of Duality

1 Book of Moon

1 Dark Hole

1 Heavy Storm

1 Limiter Removal

1 Mind Control

1 Monster Reborn

1 Pot of Avarice

2 Bottomless Trap Hole

2 Solemn Warning

1 Mirror Force

1 Solemn Judgment

1 Torrential Tribute

1 Trap Dustshoot

Extra Deck:

1 Black Rose Dragon

1 Karakuri Shogun mdl 00 "Burei"

1 3rd Level 7 of your choice: Ancient Fairy Dragon, 2nd Black Rose, 2nd Burei

1 Scrap Dragon

1 Stardust Dragon

1 Trishula, Dragon of the Ice Barrier

1 Evigishki Merrowgeist

1 Gem-Knight Pearl

1 Number 16: Ruler of Color - Shock Ruler

2 Number 39: Utopia

2 Steelswarm Roach

extra deck def needs to be tested and ironed out but yeah

I found Slowpoke's old build for Fusion Gate:

3 Rescue Rabbit

3 Tour Guide from the Underworld

3 Elemental Hero Sparkman

3 Elemental Hero Clayman

2 Elemental Hero Ocean

1 Elemental Hero Stratos

1 Sangan

3 Fusion Gate

3 Super Polymerization

3 E - Emergency Call

3 Terraforming

2 Miracle Fusion

2 Mystical Space Typhoon

1 Reinforcement of the Army

1 Unicorn Beacon

1 Monster Reborn

1 Giant Trunade

1 Dark Hole

3 Royal Decree

Obviously needs to be updated, but I think the potential's there.

A bit before the new list was up on DN I dueled against a TGU/Rabbit/Beast variant that used Tengus and level 3-4 normal beasts + Horn. Also had a pair of Sabersaurus for Lagia. So many special summons, and Veiler didn't do all that much to slow it down. Of course, not sure if the beast route would work out quite as well post-ruling change but I thought it would be worth mentioning here.

I like enemy controller better than lance personally.

3 Guaiba

1 Velo

3 Rabbit

3 Sabersaurs

3 Kabazauls

3 Effect Veiler

3 Tour Guide

1 Sangan

1 Book of Moon

1 Dark Hole

3 Enemy Controller

1 Fossil Dig

3 Gold Sarco

1 Heavy Storm

1 Mind Control

1 monster reorn

2 MST

1 Avarice

2 Warning

1 Solemn

1 Torrential

1 Trap Dustshoot

Just went through all the Lv4< Normal Monsters in the game, found these 2 ideas that might not be good but maybe slightly better than the rest:

Blazing Inpachi + Rekindling (Unfortunately Inpachi is the only Normal Fire monster with 200< DEF in the game)

3 Light Spellcaster, 3 Dark Spellcaster, 3 Sorcerer + Wonder Wand

Just went through all the Lv4< Normal Monsters in the game, found these 2 ideas that might not be good but maybe slightly better than the rest:

Blazing Inpachi + Rekindling (Unfortunately Inpachi is the only Normal Fire monster with 200< DEF in the game)

3 Light Spellcaster, 3 Dark Spellcaster, 3 Sorcerer + Wonder Wand

Blazing Inpachi has 0 defense and Rekindling exclusively summons monsters with 200 defense.

oh derp :-,

well just the Spellcasters then

@ father_dead: I appreciate the effort but I don't think you have to Wiki link to Kabazauls and Sabersaurus, especially Sabersaurus since everybody on DGz probably knows that it stays at 1900 its a vanilla 1900 Dinosaur. And I want to exclude cards like Freezerdon from the OP since they are to my knowledge not currently slated for TCG release. If and when they are I will add them but none of the other Deck Discussions are based around cards the TCG has no idea when its getting so why change that now?

The day of the apocalypse is here. Sabersaurus will soon see more play than Card Trooper.

i have 100 copies of sabersaurus <3

Ragia is the next six sams. Deck is bonkers.

Freezerdon is so fun to pull off, but dark world route is too inconsistent (i mean its dw what can u say lol).

I'm thinking of trying out a wind-up engine or something, they spam level 5's quite nicely.

or maybe just 3 cydra/3 instant/3 veiler/3 ghost ship/1 gagaga magician (searchable my tour guide/sangan), and some splashable lights like spies to make utopia or ryko/lyla.

also, def running 3 kabazauls and 3 sabersaurus. deck now only has 1 poa, which means u need both to get at least 2 rabbits off.

Any thoughts on Demise Rabbits? Although the OTK deck may be dead now I believe it could be useful.

Summon Demise + clear

Summon Rabbit + go into something

Summon Doom dozer

OTK?

obviously the dinosaur version of the deck is the best version (got stomped the other day). But I think the Mechanical Chaser version is almost as good due to Black Salvo. Deck will have some amazing plays.

I seen someone using an E-hero Rescue Rabbit variation with the original E-heros. It was pretty bad but I liked the concept and think it has potiental.

@Warthog: I don't see the Salvo version in the same league as the dinosaur version because the salvo version needs to set up for explosive plays. The dinosaur version can turn 1 a solemn judgment with legs.

3 Cyber Dragon

3 Effect Vieler

3 Rescue Rabbit

3 Kabazauls

3 Sabersaurus

3 Tour Guide

1 Black Luster Soilder

1 Gorz Emissary of the Darkness

1 Sangan

3 Gold Sarc

3 Instant Fusion

2 Mystical Space Typhoon

2 White elephants Bone

1 Monster Reborn

1 Dark Hole

1 Heavy Storm

1 Pot of Avarice

1 Pot of Duality

2 Mind Crush

1 Solemn Judgement

1 Trap Dustshoot

Extra Deck:

1 Freezedon

1 Tyrus Keeper of the Genesis

2 Lagia

2 No.39

1 Roach

2 Leviair the Sea Dragon

1 No.17 Leviathan Dragon

2 Barox

1 Dark Fire Dragon

1 Flame Ghost

Setting Spy then going Rabbit into double Genex Controller for 2 Arcanites sounds pretty hot, especially then being able to Xyz into Big Eye.

Alternatively, have Spy grab a Lv 4 GK, then go Rabbit into 2 Controller, going into Leviair and Utopia/Roach, being able to spam next turn and simultaneously protecting Leviair/Rabbit.

Double Arcanite into Big Eye seems cool, although I'm not sure you'd actually get full use out of each card unless they had 5 mons/no back row/hand or were running a major bluff. Arcanite's ability to bait out Veiler and still be useful for Big Eye or level 1 tuners is definitely nice though.

If you use Tune Warrior instead, it sets you up for BLS/Sorc (detached Arcanite + GK in grave), DAD (if Big Eye hits the grave and they don't Crow/Kycoo etc), and of course Leviair.

SS Recruiter off Spy, Rabbit into double Level 3 Tuner, go into Arcanite + Tempest + search off Recruiter. If you don't need to pop any more than 2 cards on the field, then having 4 CIH = OTK if no Veiler. Probably lack of Extra Deck space, but noteworthy I think.