Nichigo

Fate/Zero

Nichigo    709
Is anyone currently watching this? How is it so far?

I was a huge fan of Fate/Stay Night and am curious as to how this is going. The trailer looked amazing as far as animation quality. Was nice to see alot of familiar faces as well. I want to pick it up in the near future, but am currently stacked with a huge waiting list of other anime. Curious to see if this might be worth bumping up the priority list.
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

I fucking love this anime. I was also a huge fan of F/SN, and honestly I feel like this will blow that out of the water. The animation is top notch, almost all the Masters are very capable in magic (unlike the kids in the F/SN), and pretty much all the servants are badass. At least check out the first episode, which is about 45 minutes long. The end of the episode is just awesome.
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Gaea's Cradle    316
It's a really good show. And if you liked F/SN you'll like this even more. But just to warn you, only half of this show will air during the fall. The second half will air during the spring season. So it may be a good decision to wait on watching this show.
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Miyako    0
it's so good, i'm enjoying watching this an awful lot. I'd def recommend picking it up in the near future , if you knock out the current 7 episodes it's only an episode a week, which is very manageable.

Haruki    12665
i loved fate/stay night i will probably watch it

Haruki    12665
damn new fate/stay night and shana i can't believe how long ago i watched them when they first came out
  • Upvote 1

Sensei00S    84
Fairly certain it's a prequel. Also should I watch Fate/SN first??? I know the story from wikis etc. but have never watched the anime.

Nichigo    709
Yeah it's a prequel. I'd probably watch FSN first since that's what came out first. They have enough "flash backs" to make everything relevant...as well as give you appreciation for the prequel when you watch it.

fake    4788
[img]http://s3.amazonaws.com/data.tumblr.com/tumblr_luxtxbalRJ1qhywawo1_1280.jpg?AWSAccessKeyId=AKIAJ6IHWSU3BX3X7X3Q&Expires=1321843086&Signature=IU7sjbq9qDu3bij4Y%2B4M7mGDtTA%3D[/img]

Gaea's Cradle    316
The music in this most recent episode was amazing! The action was also great. I can't believe how good this series actually is, especially compared to F/SN.

I thoroughly enjoyed the Grail Dialogue episode even though there was such little action. There aren't too many episodes of fantasy/action anime that I can honestly say that about.

1st half is complete and finished right before a very huge and important battle began. I'm just really pissed we have to wait til April 2012 to get the rest of it coming :(. For those of you like me that can't wait til finish it, [url="http://baka-tsuki.org/project/index.php?title=Fate/Zero"]you can read the entire thing here.[/url]

EDIT: If you want to continue from where the anime left off start at Volume 03, Act 10, Part 01.
  • Upvote 1

AwaAwa    11
[spoiler]
As an illustration, that place was just like a variety shop.
There were furniture. There were clothes as well. Musical instruments; cutlery. Various items uses of which were not understood at all; they probably were just pictures or artworks. The enthusiasm of the creator devoting himself completely into designing them diligently, and his profligate sense of fun could be perceived.
Unmistakably, the craftsman who made these ceaselessly loved his raw materials, and the manufacturing process itself.
They understood that there was someone who violently discovered pleasures. That might be the person who committed those murders. But the things in this blood-stained space were not corpses.
There wasn't a single “destroyed remains” here. Everything was a new creation; an art. Their lives as “human beings”, their carcass as “human beings” were completely discarded meaninglessly during the process of the art―that was the entirety of the slaughter at that place.
Murders which were done creatively to amuse himself; this behavior which created art by means of death, had far exceeded the maximum level Waver's mind could possibly take. Above simple emotions like horror and disgust, at such a graphically realistic and alarming shock, Waver could not even stand straight. Before he realized, he was already on the bloodstained floor on both his hands and knees, regurgitating all the contents of his stomach.
Rider descended from his chariot. Standing beside Waver, he sighed deeply.[/spoiler]

Woah, so that's what happened. Brutal. Rider and Waver are the best pair.

fake    4788
“It was indeed because she took upon her shoulders the hope of every man of the time that she’s able to display such might – it’s painful precisely because it is so blindingly brilliant. Who could have thought that the person carrying such a heavy weight is only a little girl who liked to dream?”

“The overly-mighty ideal that she harbored within her would burn her into nothing but ashes at the end. Those tears that she would shed at her final moment… I imagine it would be very sweet to the taste."