darkruler

Blackwing Damascus The Polar Night

29 posts in this topic

[url="http://shriek.twoday.net/stories/96994405/"]http://shriek.twoday.net/stories/96994405/[/url]

[img]http://ygo-news.com/Promo/VF12/001.jpg[/img]

Dark/Winged-Beast - Effect/3/1300/700

Activate by discarding this card from the hand, and selecting 1 "Blackwing" monster you control. Until the End Phase, the selected Monster gains 500 ATK. This effect can also be activated during your opponent's turn.

Card looks pretty awesome for Blackwings. Feeds Blizzard, mini kalut. Probably still won't make the deck tier 1, but definitely going in the right direction.

Its too mini, I wouldn't use it.

Card fucking sucks couldn't they just make it to where its 1000 and can't be used if your not battling a monster?

If only it was +700 or more.. Now Shura can't beat Laggia. :(

[quote name='Shuren' timestamp='1334878372' post='3159753']
[/quote]

i guess blackwing decks could start maining more sircoccos? ;/

also, the art looks pretty shitty.

[quote name='Shuren' timestamp='1334878372' post='3159753']
[/quote]

Sirocco can tho :P

for some reason i dont think you will be able to use this in the damage step

i don't know why, just a feeling. it wouldn't make it much worse though (it already sucks).

Yea it might be a good idea to play more Sirocco, it's better than before against the meta. How many of this would you play, at all?

seeing as kalut ain't going to 3 anytime soon, might as well use it to replace the kaluts you lost

I'll definitely try out one, but that's all I can really see using for such a small boost. 700+ would have made it a lot better.

[quote name='BGBK' timestamp='1334879831' post='3159777']for some reason i dont think you will be able to use this in the damage step i don't know why, just a feeling. it wouldn't make it much worse though (it already sucks).[/quote]

By definition it's already usable in the Damage Step.

1) it's not a non-Quick Spell
2) it increases ATK or DEF

Almost wish it had less ATK because chances are you won't summon it so making it easier to search by Whirlwind wouldn't be a bad thing.

[quote name='Welche' timestamp='1334937808' post='3160421']
Almost wish it had less ATK because chances are you won't summon it so making it easier to search by Whirlwind wouldn't be a bad thing.
[/quote]

Except.. Blizzard into Shura/Bora, search Damascus, Synchro into Armed Wing would be too good.

Making Blackwings good :D Ya I get the point but I kinda missed the time when BWs were good and I want to see it again.

Looks okay. Maybe play 1.

Yeah, it SHOULD give a bit more in terms of ATK, but fuck. If I ran BWs I'd be maxing this.

ATLEAST this card has high utility being a monster for Icarus and all, however, I do not see this card ever being worth using.

I wish they would just Semi Kalut and stop cunting around.

I think this card will help alot if you run 3 shura its gonna give black wings a great way to hold field presence people will think twice before swinging at your shuras and bora. especially if your run 3 of this new card and a kalut i like the card but what they need is black whirlwind back to like two at least to make the deck good again.

[quote name='Pinulu' timestamp='1336861556' post='3178872']
I think this card will help alot if you run 3 shura its gonna give black wings a great way to hold field presence people will think twice before swinging at your shuras and bora. especially if your run 3 of this new card and a kalut i like the card but what they need is black whirlwind back to like two at least to make the deck good again.
[/quote]

Meh

That whole premise is flawed since it implies that what you grab with Shura actually means something outside of being Icarus Attack fodder. Shura targets for the most part suck and it's not comparable to destroying something with Guaiba and then going Laggia/Dolkka with you new dinosaur.

[quote name='Infinite' timestamp='1336863253' post='3178888']
[/quote]

Meh

That whole premise is flawed since it implies that what you grab with Shura actually means something outside of being Icarus Attack fodder. Shura targets for the most part suck and it's not comparable to destroying something with Guaiba and then going Laggia/Dolkka with you new dinosaur.
[/quote]
Do not underestimate the Rank 5s that will be possible once this card is released. http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Blackwing_-_Gram_the_Shining_Star

[quote name='Storm Wolf' timestamp='1336875964' post='3178997']
[quote name='Infinite' timestamp='1336863253' post='3178888']
[/quote]

Meh

[/quote]
Do not underestimate the Rank 5s that will be possible once this card is released. [url="http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Blackwing_-_Gram_the_Shining_Star"]http://yugioh.wikia....he_Shining_Star[/url]
[/quote]

I didn't that card should do wonders for the deck and make my point moot about Shura not grabbing anything of value or contributing to any plays. The thing is it isn't out yet. I also wouldn't play standard blackwing build with the release of that card, would probably play multiple vayus and card troopers. Possibly Grephers?ArmKnights

[/quote]
lol bws don't need whirlwind.