zubby    234

Like I guess you side it vs decks which side D-Fissure/Macro/Banisher, however outside of putting back frogs for Ronin, it just seems medicore unless they have banished your treeborn, unless I'm missing something, I'd rather not side something which seems very situational.

Focus    161

Force Focus should be cut from extra when M7 becomes legal. That card seriously died. Chaos Dragons is literally the only thing to make vs besides mirror.

BLS is never dead because Fader Slacker is Light/Dark in grave.

3 Raiza is still super important to me. Siding in DDV and EEV for next format seems like the thing to do since Gachi and Caius or Vanity's Fiend or Gachi and a Summoned Ladd so u can chain out of it.

Maxx C at 2 is just as important to veiler. Yea it can be just a 141 but it digs you deeper to your monarchs. Plus the Sphere play in mermails makes me happy.

The last thing is my DDS is side and 1 in main. I think vs Mermails digging for Econ, Soul Exchange to get a field wip for the god damn gaios is important. plus vs decks that otk really fast it's important to drop a field clearer.

┬╗Tygo    14141

Like I guess you side it vs decks which side D-Fissure/Macro/Banisher, however outside of putting back frogs for Ronin, it just seems medicore unless they have banished your treeborn, unless I'm missing something, I'd rather not side something which seems very situational.

I think you're overlooking the fact that it's a quickplay spell.

Focus    161

How will you guys change the side for HA7 and after.

Concencrated Light EEV, DDV, etc?

xXGGnoReXx    239

Am I really the only one that likes cardcar in the main of Frogs? Your maining 3 Fader 2 Trag 1 Gorz, and being able to wall with Slacker and Gachis should warrent the use, specially when swap sets up your grave nicely on it's own.

I'm also kinda surprised Lancer isn't seeing play atm, but maybe I'm just missing something.

• Upvote 2

GK.93    31

Locals is having a tourney for a super King of heavy industry, probably gonna take this

A9Guyf9.png

Glitched cards are march of the monarchs, breakthrough skill and slacker.

Just threw the extra together, probably wont be the same irl

Maining vanity over dark dust cause my locals has a fair amount of LS/dragons. 

The side has been fantastic, messenger and march of the monarchs put in so much work, most people side out s/t removal so they can be devastating. 

March is basically a safe zone for all tributes in exchange for shutting off treeborn and your extra deck. Really helps vs fire, they cant bear over tributes and their traps do nothing. Without s/t removal wind-ups basically lose to a resolved vanity + march, and monarchs are a lot harder to get over. Mermail has to get rid of it before dealing vanity/anubis. Card is the fucking tits 

The 2nd ronin comes in for the 3rd treeborn when I side in march so I can get tributes off a little easier

Focus    161

Looks solid but  i'd take out the 3rd LaDD.

Ladd is great and all but it's not as important to draw. Maxx "C" will get you to it most likely as swap frog will thin through the deck.

No DDS is odd. It's amazing vs the Mermail Matchup and is great for punishing people trying to go for game the turn before.

3 MST is not needed in the main. You would be fine with 2. The reason I say this is because it's not that amazing of a draw when LADD and your monarchs eat backrow. In monarchs you much rather draw a Monarch, Soul Exchange, ECon, or a hand trap. Maxing on mst means you won't draw the more important stuff.  Pot of duality can dig deeper for you.

The side is meh. 3 Messengers is fine but 2 is really only needed. March of the monarchs is bad. not needed. You rather use the space for Vanity's Fiend End of Anubis etc. Break through skill is cool tech but i'd use it for snowman eater for the Dino Matchup.

The Extra... Utopia Ray not needed as well as Force Focus. Force Focus is mediocre at best and Ray is situational for econ play. I'd drop em for Catastor and armory arm.  SSD is situational too as you never have the ability to make him unless your opponent seriously let do this to em. I'd play Crimson Blader.

ShyGuy    91

Locals is having a tourney for a super King of heavy industry, probably gonna take this

A9Guyf9.png

Glitched cards are march of the monarchs, breakthrough skill and slacker.

Just threw the extra together, probably wont be the same irl

Maining vanity over dark dust cause my locals has a fair amount of LS/dragons. 

The side has been fantastic, messenger and march of the monarchs put in so much work, most people side out s/t removal so they can be devastating. 

March is basically a safe zone for all tributes in exchange for shutting off treeborn and your extra deck. Really helps vs fire, they cant bear over tributes and their traps do nothing. Without s/t removal wind-ups basically lose to a resolved vanity + march, and monarchs are a lot harder to get over. Mermail has to get rid of it before dealing vanity/anubis. Card is the fucking tits 

The 2nd ronin comes in for the 3rd treeborn when I side in march so I can get tributes off a little easier

Vanity's fiend is just sooo good, why wouldn't you play 2? It completely shuts down the mermail mathcup. Also i do not like jinzo mained you want to be able to apply pressure with your monarchs and get rid of cards, jinzo doesn't get rid of them. Especially as you said your locals will have lots of dragons and lightsworn, so why main that?

something that could help you in your side would be cards like laval golem, breaker, cyber dragon, angel o7, not cards like ronin and march. Personalyy if you going to side a frog, just main it.

How does this deck beat ophion?

by tribute summoning

This is amazing
  • Upvote 2

CheeseCake    2513

I think you're overlooking the fact that it's a quickplay spell.

He is totally right, Burial is awful. You should really never get your Treeborn removed, games 2-3 you do not bring it back unless you intend to tribute it anyway and you side S/T outs. I'd rather not side a card that requires my opponent to draw a removal card, me not to have an out to it and for me to have a banished frog. I get it's good in theory but I'd rather a dust 99 times out of 100. Also crow isn't even a factor anymore and that was pretty much the main reason for siding it, even then it was still bad.

xXGGnoReXx    239

So I'll ask again, any reason why Lancer isn't seeing play anymore and why cardcars dont see play?

• Downvote 1

Lancer    96

So I'll ask again, any reason why Lancer isn't seeing play anymore and why cardcars dont see play?

Lancer has been underwhelming for me personally, but I can't give a solid reason as to why. It just doesn't feel like Lancer does that much.

As for Cardcar, it really shines in backrow heavy decks turn 1, or decks where you care more about hitting combo pieces than card advantage. Digging for Treeborn is good, but summoning Cardcar turn 1 means that you either set a spell (obviously not ideal), or discard in your End phase. Neither of those things sound attractive. Outside of the early game, a tribute summon is likely to have more impact then Cardcar, pass.

B2_C3    196

YqEx0yX.png

I ran this at locals the other day. It feels more consistent with Duality. The deck didn't do  bad but I felt a lot of games I was playing was grinding. Vanity Fiend and Ladd proved to be  really good against Spell book and Water. Fire fist was my hardest match up. I feel that the deck should main or side lances if it wants to keep up with the meta to get around Evilswarm, Fire Fist and Rabbit. Almost every game I played I summoned Gachi, it's  the best monster in the extra deck in my opinion.

• Upvote 1

I strongly dislike Cardcar in this deck. You want to normal summon Monarchs as often as you possibly can, and Cardcar doesn't do that. Also, if you use it turn 1, you either have to set a spell or discard, either are poor choices in this deck.

realrarehunter    646

Jinzo is literally the nuts

guy went set 4 summon tko. I set treeborn with gorz, jinzo and storm in hand. I forced out a warning with gorz and then dropped jinzo and storm for a gg.

IAmTheGreat    3772
So I just picked up a complete Mermail deck and have 2 regionals back to back these next weekends. Im debating which of these decks to run. Im obviously more comfortable with Frogs but Ive never had a chance to really get good at Mermail, and I only have 2 locals to test at before the events. Do you guys have a recommendation?

Indignation    2858

So I just picked up a complete Mermail deck and have 2 regionals back to back these next weekends. Im debating which of these decks to run. Im obviously more comfortable with Frogs but Ive never had a chance to really get good at Mermail, and I only have 2 locals to test at before the events. Do you guys have a recommendation?

Just practice playing mermails a lot. Mermails utterly destroy noobs easy so thats almost 3 to 5 free wins at a regs.

piggyman86    11

Is there a reason no one sides prime material for the FF matchup? havent tested it but it feels like better than jinzo in that matchup since it also can stop bear and just 1 for 1 their traps other than fiedish.

sugarnuts    80

Is there a reason no one sides prime material for the FF matchup? havent tested it but it feels like better than jinzo in that matchup since it also can stop bear and just 1 for 1 their traps other than fiedish.

Ive tested it but the discarding cost hurts the deck when you need hand advantage. but yeah its decent vs fire fist.... there out fiendish chain, d prison, rabbit, tensu with 2 monsters