keeprolling

YCS Barcelona, Spain

mainestroke    317
So...

I read this from YT (kinda late)...

[color=#f0fff0][font=arial, sans-serif][size=3]Day two match against ninjas. there were a few things with the match I saw that joe was doing but the biggest game changer was that joe destroyed a spirit reaper when the ninja fiendish chained it cause the ninja player had a guaiba and joe woulda lost if he didnt cheat destroy the reaper. And he knew it by the look on his face. There was alot of soft cheating going on at tacoma I wish that ninja guy woulda seen that though cause he woulda wrecked him.[/size][/font][/color]
[color=#333333][font=arial, sans-serif][size=3]s[/size][/font][/color]

Obviously not taking anything away from Giorlando, but small mistakes like these^^^ whether unintentional or otherwise, do add up.

In similar scenarios is when, after a couple turns pass, the game-state is non-repairable.

yah...
  • Downvote 1

Joe.    4932
[quote name='ZeroSaber' timestamp='1354904055' post='3342411']
So...

I read this from YT (kinda late)...

[color=#f0fff0][font=arial, sans-serif][size=3]Day two match against ninjas. there were a few things with the match I saw that joe was doing but the biggest game changer was that joe destroyed a spirit reaper when the ninja fiendish chained it cause the ninja player had a guaiba and joe woulda lost if he didnt cheat destroy the reaper. And he knew it by the look on his face. There was alot of soft cheating going on at tacoma I wish that ninja guy woulda seen that though cause he woulda wrecked him.[/size][/font][/color]
[color=#333333][font=arial, sans-serif][size=3]s[/size][/font][/color]

Obviously not taking anything away from Giorlando, but small mistakes like these^^^ whether unintentional or otherwise, do add up.

In similar scenarios is when, after a couple turns pass, the game-state is non-repairable.

yah...
[/quote]

I guess I am probably obligated to respond to this. This occurred Round 10 at Seattle with anywhere from 10 to 15 watching since I was on the edge of the table playing facing the crowd. This specific sequence occurred in the later stages of the 3rd game, where we both had a number of cards both on the field and in our hands. He had something along the lines of a Guiaba, Zenmaines and Hanzo on the field, while I had a Temtempo and defense position Spirit Reaper. On his turn he flipped a Fiendish Chain to which I immediately looked at my backrows, and while doing so he said, "it just dies." It was a quick interaction and I just accepted what he said. It wasn't until that night that JHub who was watching asked what I thought when he flipped Chain on Reaper. You can ask him, I just replied "What do you mean?" and he said Reaper should not have died and I guess you would have to ask JHub if my reply was a genuine, "I really didn't know that."

It really wasn't me trying to do something to improve my chances of winning, I had four backrows at this point of the game and the Guiaba would not have likely gone over the Reaper, so there was little reason to actually try and intentionally do that. There was just this 5 second momentary distraction in my mind where I didn't know what happened to Reaper and my opponent broke my thought process by saying it dies, so I assumed it was right and carried on not thinking two shits about it until JHub brought it up that night. I might play a lot, but I am actually really bad at rulings. There is literally a feature match where my opponent negated my flipped Snowman Eater with Laggia when he had no backrows and I had Rabbit in hand. Had I known what actually happened there, I would have been able to go into Laggia or Dolkka and not a weak Utopia to get over the Laggia.

This also might sound conceited, but from my perspective, intentionally doing anything that people would considering cheating with such a crowd of watchers is just idiotic. One minor improper interaction and people will completely tarnish their opinion of me, and in front of a crowd, it will just spread like that comment on YouTube. Especially in a scenario where people can blow it out of proportion and simplify the game state to a Reaper looking at Guiaba and Fiendish Chain, without taking into consideration DPrison, Warning and the other cards that I had set, making it so that the interaction had literally no impact on the outcome of the game, and probably helped my opponent. And think how shitty of a situation it is now where there is literally nothing I can actually say to concretely convince people otherwise.
  • Upvote 4

Dgz Punk    929
soulwarrior, I should have appealed. I was young and dumb at the time. The whole thing was over me saying I had hit him for game and he said I didn't, then he tried to tell me that I less life points then I actually did. The whole situation was that he had flipped my lp with his when he was at 6k and I was at 7k. So my game push wasn't enough. I got really annoyed and signed my slip after game 1 in anger and left because I was heated. (Had broken a tooth the night before, could barely speak and was in pain.)

It's kind of embarrassing to admit but in the Top16 of Nats I had Dolkka and Reaper and swung into Zenmaines, in the end phase he targeted Reaper and I used Dolkka and I paused for a second and then he said "it dies" so I put it in the grave. A judge caught it and I was out of the game for a while but it does happen, especially in high pressure situations. I know how Joe felt in those 5 seconds and I don't think he would've intentionally cheated.

sandwiches    615
At least konami didn't put you guys on blast like they did with all those people at YCS SeaTac.
God I hate everything going on with this game right now.
  • Upvote 6

Wiggles    1370
For all of you that were wondering, by missing the last week of class I got a D on my math final (was around the class average lel) and finished with a 3.2 in the class #itwasworthit
  • Upvote 8

Random question but, to any American that went what was the total trip cost for you? everything from flight to hotel and Transportation etc. Would greatly appreciate it.