Nish

Hearthstone Random Talk Thread

+Paraliel+    8030

Pretty sure Corrupter is just amazing not sure why you wouldn't play it

Donnie    2189
Corrupter is a great card, but so are Sludge, Loatheb, Consort, Azure, these are all great cards. The reason why you wouldn't play them all is space though.

Dawgy    2038

Yeah I actually think I'll be able to play the build I want this Thursday, after some theory crafting I don't think I'll actually play Corrupter or Volcanic, Hungry and Chromaggus are needed though.

4 is just a terrible health stat, and the 5 slot is too competitive for Corrupter to make it in. There are too many minions with good effects to be playing Volcanic, and 7 Dragons is more than enough to make Technician and Consort playable.

2 Hungry
2 Consort
1 Chromaggus
1 Ysera
1 Alex

Azure Drake is also a Dragon, btw.

Dawgy    2038

Corrupter is a great card, but so are Sludge, Loatheb, Consort, Azure, these are all great cards. The reason why you wouldn't play them all is space though.

Problems I have with Corruptor, other than what was listed above:

1) Best case scenario is that you slam this into a Piloted Shredder when you are dropping this on curve. Otherwise, most four drops that are dropped on the previous turn have 4+ health and will honestly just trade up into it, since Corruptor is also four health. Its usefulness on curve honestly depends on if you can 2 for 1 with it, and that depends on the deck you are playing against.

2) The above wouldn't be completely terrible, but it requires you to be holding a dragon, which while that WILL be the case 90% of the time when you have the card, won't always be the case.

Also, Goblin Blastmage would honestly feel equally effective as this card if it were a 5 mana card... But Blastmage is actually 4 mana. Different cards for different decks, yes, but yeah...

I do see the merit of this card, but I can't really tell yet if it's worth playing over the likes of Azure Drake and other five slotters.

+Paraliel+    8030

Cut Azure Dragon, its not better than Corrupter

And Blastmage is a Mage card not a paladin card

+Gojira    1706

dragon consort might be getting slightly overrated imo. 5/5 stats are really only worth slightly more than 4 mana, and it's only getting you a 2 mana boost.

Donnie    2189

Mana cheating is strong look how Emperor has warped the game.

I've played a lot of Paladin and my biggest issue with the deck was it was a kind of ambigous mix between mid-range and control, but it really struggled around turns 5/6 because there wasn't really anything to do. Syvlanas can be weak depending on the board, Sludge is just a taunt, Black Knight is meta depedent. Piloted Sky Golem is strong but unpredictable, Cairne struggles due to it's low stats. Dragons give Paladin a very strong Mid-Game and allow them to curve very well into the late game, this is what I think anyway. 

The build I think I'll be trying out actually looks very similar to standard Paladin lists, except I cut some of the more situational cards for solid threats in the form of Dragons.

yellowlink    1

I dont think you need alex in there, would go for a azzure drake or something. Guaranteed 1 for 1, and the deck needs a 4 attack minion anyways. Priest will be rampant after brm or atleast they will get stronger somewhat and I feel priest would have a upper hand over paladin.  Ysera will probably get mind controlled late game anyways 

Alex even though is game winning I feel pally lacks the  burst to kill you next turn with alex in the deck, so it does not really benefit too much from it.. 

Chrommagus 

Ysera 

Boom 

Loatheb 

Sylvanas 

Tirion

These legendary should be enough.. I feel even thaurissan won't be as good b/c consort does the same thing but for one mana less. for your dragons atleast. It's really between sylvanas and Thauriisan. Gotta test the deck first though but i Feel its gonna be extremely strong with either of them. 

Donnie    2189

The Priest will be good because Mind Control arguement has been used since the beginning of time, and it's even worse in a meta where you can cheat out threats before turn 10. It's probably the least popular class of the 9.

Alex is interesting because it lets you play board control early on, and if manage to ramp it out turn 7, with a board you can burst without combo.

We'll see though lots of testing to be done.

I'm also interested in trying something with double Equality and Wild Pyromancer to abuse Solem Vigil and Volcanic Drake once those come out.

+Mascis    4495

I'm also interested in trying something with double Equality and Wild Pyromancer to abuse Solem Vigil and Volcanic Drake once those come out.

Didn't think about that when I initially saw the cards. Sounds like a pretty legit thing

»BoraxTheLean    7119

dragon consort might be getting slightly overrated imo. 5/5 stats are really only worth slightly more than 4 mana, and it's only getting you a 2 mana boost.

5/5 stats on a 5 drop are premium by current card standards.

»BoraxTheLean    7119

1) Best case scenario is that you slam this into a Piloted Shredder when you are dropping this on curve. Otherwise, most four drops that are dropped on the previous turn have 4+ health and will honestly just trade up into it, since Corruptor is also four health. Its usefulness on curve honestly depends on if you can 2 for 1 with it, and that depends on the deck you are playing against.

2) The above wouldn't be completely terrible, but it requires you to be holding a dragon, which while that WILL be the case 90% of the time when you have the card, won't always be the case.

Also, Goblin Blastmage would honestly feel equally effective as this card if it were a 5 mana card... But Blastmage is actually 4 mana. Different cards for different decks, yes, but yeah...

I do see the merit of this card, but I can't really tell yet if it's worth playing over the likes of Azure Drake and other five slotters.

Actually the best case scenario is killing something with 3 health with this card while using all of your mana.

Dawgy    2038

Actually the best case scenario is killing something with 3 health with this card while using all of your mana.
Actually the best case scenario is killing your opponent with 3 health with this card and winning the game while using all of your mana.

Piloted Shredder is one of the only 4 mana drops I know of that's good and has 3 health. Outside of Millhouse Manastorm (lel), Succubus, Doomsayer, and Patient Assassin, (and probably a few others I missed,) nothing that comes off of Shredder will kill Corruptor by itself.

I'm also considering this card when it's dropped on curve. It is still useful even when dropped off curve a bit later, but I was under the assumption we can't really count that, as this card is competing against other five drops for the slot, and for its effect, I don't find a 5 5/4 to be all that impressive, as it will often get uptraded when dropped on curve by 4 mana drops that have 4 or more health.

»Digbick    7243

imp gang boss is my favorite card now.

yellowlink    1

yeahhh Just hit legendary... earlier today, right after i got done with my exams and stuff. 

Mech Mage to climb up fast till i wanna say lv 5, then tempo mage from lv 5 to level 1... 

I kept loosing too stupid hunters because they are so skillful. 

So i went to pally on level 1 and won like 6 in a row. 

HIcncPH.jpg

• Upvote 5

Elements    569

yeahhh Just hit legendary... earlier today, right after i got done with my exams and stuff. 

Mech Mage to climb up fast till i wanna say lv 5, then tempo mage from lv 5 to level 1... 

good job bro. standard lists ?

»lo fi    2611

HIcncPH.jpg

HEY LOOK ITS ME

I'M AWAY FOR 3 HOURS!

»BoraxTheLean    7119

Actually the best case scenario is killing your opponent with 3 health with this card and winning the game while using all of your mana.

Piloted Shredder is one of the only 4 mana drops I know of that's good and has 3 health. Outside of Millhouse Manastorm (lel), Succubus, Doomsayer, and Patient Assassin, (and probably a few others I missed,) nothing that comes off of Shredder will kill Corruptor by itself.

I'm also considering this card when it's dropped on curve. It is still useful even when dropped off curve a bit later, but I was under the assumption we can't really count that, as this card is competing against other five drops for the slot, and for its effect, I don't find a 5 5/4 to be all that impressive, as it will often get uptraded when dropped on curve by 4 mana drops that have 4 or more health.

I mean you can't just evaluate a card assuming it is always played on curve.  I you did that SI Agent would not look as good as it is, but king mukla would look amazing.

And 5/4 stats are very relephant with Sir Slude Belcher hanging around.  Also weapon classes can use this card much better especially versus shredder.  Weapon classes just seem to keep on getting better with this new set.  (Shaman please........)

Donnie    2189

It's less about being played on curve as much as oversatuarion of curve.

• Upvote 2

»BoraxTheLean    7119

Oh I thought we were evaluating the card.

Regardless, with a dragon in hand it is the best five drop in the game by a lot.

Forlum    9162
guy has winaxe, i'm playing zoo, I hover over concede button

...he hits face

thank you hearthstone mobile :):) :):) :)
  • Upvote 3