Nish

Hearthstone Random Talk Thread

that marcus kid    2426

If anyone gets a key ship it this way  fuck me they are worth so much money enjoy selling it or giving it to someone whos not me :p

Wish i could get a key one of my friends who is a WoW enthusist(Used to play WoW for years and wasnt shit and love the card game itself) and they wouldnt give him a key because he was in the d3 beta so he was devo'd

Tbh if i did get a key id give it to him

Nish    253

Got a spare key for this, anyone who needs one throw me a message and i'll pm you it

Nish    253

Sent the key to (name removed on request), sorry everyone else who messaged me afterwards :(

Get With It    542

this game is alright i made a priest deck that abuses the northshire cleric and dropped like 2 games on my way from journeyman to master

this game is alright i made a priest deck that abuses the northshire cleric and dropped like 2 games on my way from journeyman to master

Getting to master 2 is real easy, I think I dropped only a couple games as well before hitting master 2, then I dropped to like a 70% winrate, and now it's like 60-65% in master 3. I played a Warlock Aggro deck pretty much the whole way there. I feel like priest/mage/lock are by far the best classes in constructed. It doesn't even feel particularly close. Life Tap is absurd, Cleric is absurd, and uh, Mage is absurd. I feel like the Hunter combo deck thing is just a worse version of the Warlock deck, I haven't dropped a game to it yet as far as I recall. Rogue is just rogue, not particularly exciting though they have some pretty nuts openers with Ringleader still. The pirate warrior deck is kinda scary, but it still just feels like a Warlock deck without life tap. Druid feels like a worse Mage. I thought Innervate was going to be much stronger that it always ended up for me. Paladin is probably the 4th best class, but all the variants feel very underwhelming. The aggressive paladin decks again, just feel like a Lock deck without life tap, and the more controlling lists feel like a worse Mage deck most of the time. Shaman is extremely annoying for my deck, and I think I'm only 50/50 against it, but the deck looks like it's just winning RPS versus the Warlock decks, and losing RPS versus the slower decks that don't care about stuff like Lightning Storm or Feral Spirit as much.

Anybody having similar/wildly different experiences here? 

+Paraliel+    8030

Tyler, do you have any cool decklists you've come up with?

I'm currently playing around with Priests and trying to figure out a good list for it.

Nish    253

CHWCFup.png

This is what i'm running atm for priest, limited a little by my card pool (i'd really like a couple more of the legendaries) but I think it's fairly standard atm

Tyler, do you have any cool decklists you've come up with?

I'm currently playing around with Priests and trying to figure out a good list for it.

Not really anything cool, the cardpool is still really small and there isn't much to work with. I also don't have any of the good legends, unless you count Jaraxus as a good legend. This is what I've been playing in constructed:

778245498eb89953857fafa661abb874.png

It needs a Leeroy, probably over one of the Faerie Dragons.

Get With It    542

took this to master 3 (highest you can go? besides grandmaster i think), uses all basic cards for those of you who don't wanna spend any money,  the only decks i lose to are ones with 3+ late game legendary drops, like warlocks with jaraxxus and shit.

IthFHqr.jpg

Strife    613

Kinda cheapish deck - 3 Rares, although the Bow could possibly get dropped, and 14 commons, so not too hard to get a hold of after a few Arenas

PUtUrtx.png

Only major issue is that well its the Hunter Unleash combo deck and its kinda degenerate and plays practically the same way every game as you just sit there killing their stuff and doing the math to figure out if they can kill you which obv forces you to try to get the last combo pieces or just knowing you have the game. There are some things that could change like the one that won the Team Liquid event had a bit more end-game in it, and quite a lot were playing Boar, but I ended up going Hoader and Engineer for stuff to do on those turns where nothing is happening and to dig for Hounds as you almost certainly lose every game where you don't draw Hounds.

As for Arena picks do like Warrior still even after Battle Rage became fairer, but if I got asked for a preferred pick it would be Shaman atm. It's the one I can most consistently get the 9-Xs on, and I think a lot of that is just the standalone power of a lot of their cards. Like even just in the basics having a Bloodlust or two is brutal and then you get some rares like Mana Tide Totem which is ridiculous if it lives a turn and Earth Elemental is just ridiculous if you drop it turn 4 against most decks.

Speaking of Grandmaster league, does anybody know how it works in this game? I'd grind into it, but if it's like SC2 is (or was? idk if they changed it) where there are a limited number of spots, and if you don't get into it immediately it's impossible to get in to, then I won't bother.

Nish    253

If it's not been changed since early beta, grandmaster league only exists for arena mode and not constructed atm

+Paraliel+    8030

Kinda cheapish deck - 3 Rares, although the Bow could possibly get dropped, and 14 commons, so not too hard to get a hold of after a few Arenas

PUtUrtx.png

Only major issue is that well its the Hunter Unleash combo deck and its kinda degenerate and plays practically the same way every game as you just sit there killing their stuff and doing the math to figure out if they can kill you which obv forces you to try to get the last combo pieces or just knowing you have the game. There are some things that could change like the one that won the Team Liquid event had a bit more end-game in it, and quite a lot were playing Boar, but I ended up going Hoader and Engineer for stuff to do on those turns where nothing is happening and to dig for Hounds as you almost certainly lose every game where you don't draw Hounds.

As for Arena picks do like Warrior still even after Battle Rage became fairer, but if I got asked for a preferred pick it would be Shaman atm. It's the one I can most consistently get the 9-Xs on, and I think a lot of that is just the standalone power of a lot of their cards. Like even just in the basics having a Bloodlust or two is brutal and then you get some rares like Mana Tide Totem which is ridiculous if it lives a turn and Earth Elemental is just ridiculous if you drop it turn 4 against most decks.

I think if you're going to play Beastdown (Hunter Unleash) then you should be playing King Crush. Also Explosive Shot is so useful to eliminate taunter threats in the mid-game.