Nish

Hearthstone Random Talk Thread

Ammit    5159

Can I beat all these bosses using just like aggro shaman/malygos warlock?  Or will I have to make other decks?

Probably doing them tonight or tomorrow.  Quite hype, I don't even know what new cards we're getting.

You'll probably want to make a shitty deck vs Rafaam, he steals your deck and you get a bunch of junk cards. I'm still struggling vs rafaam

• Upvote 1

Ammit    5159

just beat him because i made an even worse deck

• Upvote 1

zubby    234

All the wings for this Adventure come out Friday I think for EU.

• Upvote 1

Ammit    5159

I just made a deck of all shitty one and zero drops.

yeah i wound up also putting in a bunch of useless spells 

• Upvote 1

Ammit    5159

though the first couple times i lost to his portal draws

• Upvote 1

»Paxman    4776

Well luckily he portal'd Malganis on turn 2, which I mind visioned, so I could prepare for it. Then on turn 9 I won with that Malganis instead.

• Upvote 1

brighteyes    2150
I used the random deck maker to make raffam a completely random rogue deck

Ended up beating him by using the priest card that copies a card in his hand and I copied Oil. Gg
  • Upvote 2

Digbick    7265

Dog made a miracle rogue deck without Leeroy, working well so far for him. Hes using 2x Tomb Pillar, 2x auctioneer 

• Upvote 1

Digbick    7265

lmfao, fucking smashed

xtVxOfa.jpg

• Upvote 4

».ben.    7438

I legitly thought there was some sort of tweak involved where the Dino got high-ends only based on the egregious variance I was facing. Like t1 Cenarius... to my 0-cost Demolisher! Between that and the tedium of the 1-dmg only guy, this was a pretty meh wing.

I liked the armor one. It was like all board control, which is more fun against AI since you can usually smoke them in a few turns.

In general, I felt like this adventure, while pretty cool for the most part, was far easier than the others. Maybe it's because I'm better at the game now than I was a few months ago.

• Upvote 2

Ammit    5159

everytime i try to play aggro shaman i just run out of steam and lose i don't get it

• Upvote 1

»BoraxTheLean    7119

everytime i try to play aggro shaman i just run out of steam and lose i don't get it

You're not going face enough.

Ammit    5159

i'm pretty much exclusively going face until they play a taunt i don't have my one earth shock for

• Upvote 1

Ammit    5159

i'm pretty much exclusively going face until they play a taunt i don't have my one earth shock for

might just be because i keep getting paired vs priests when i play it

• Upvote 1

»JC.    5161

stopped playing right around the announcement of grand tournament and just came back about a week ago. so many cool cards!

also just got my first 12-0 in arena which was nice

• Upvote 2

Naythin    4650

Running out of steam means not enough draw cards, not getting Doomhammer (which is mitigated by fixing problem 1), or inefficient use of resources. Don't be afraid to use your burn spells as removal. The deck gets a lot of benefit out of using burn spells to keep the board clear and get repeated minion damage (i.e. situations where killing a minion with a burn spell will net you more minion damage than burn damage in the long run).

I've found that ideal games that involve a fair amount of counterplay from the opponent play out like this:

Early game: Maximize minion damage, control board in ways that allow you to push more minion damage.

Mid game: Doomhammer. The card that makes this deck work, playing Doomhammer as quickly as possible = winning as quickly as possible

Later mid game: Elemental Destruction. They have probably dealt with your board at this point and built their own, so kill it all. The overload doesn't matter that much since you have Doomhammer and/or Lava Shock.

Later later mid game: Just when they think they might win you play a bunch of burn spells. Ez.

Late game: If your opponent is still alive you've probably lost or will just top deck Ancestral Knowledge into lethal np

This is the list I'm referencing, from Kolento:

MkEBYzU.png

• Upvote 3

»BoraxTheLean    7119

Face damage is so good.  Given the opportunity, why not hit the villiian in the face?

It is a shame there is no really good 6 drop that hits face very well.

#DrunkHearthstonePosts

• Upvote 2

wonderPreaux    1408

Face damage is so good.  Given the opportunity, why not hit the villiian in the face?

It is a shame there is no really good 6 drop that hits face very well.

#DrunkHearthstonePosts

There's always Force of Nature?

• Upvote 1

Ammit    5159

Running out of steam means not enough draw cards, not getting Doomhammer (which is mitigated by fixing problem 1), or inefficient use of resources. Don't be afraid to use your burn spells as removal. The deck gets a lot of benefit out of using burn spells to keep the board clear and get repeated minion damage (i.e. situations where killing a minion with a burn spell will net you more minion damage than burn damage in the long run).

I've found that ideal games that involve a fair amount of counterplay from the opponent play out like this:

Early game: Maximize minion damage, control board in ways that allow you to push more minion damage.

Mid game: Doomhammer. The card that makes this deck work, playing Doomhammer as quickly as possible = winning as quickly as possible

Later mid game: Elemental Destruction. They have probably dealt with your board at this point and built their own, so kill it all. The overload doesn't matter that much since you have Doomhammer and/or Lava Shock.

Later later mid game: Just when they think they might win you play a bunch of burn spells. Ez.

Late game: If your opponent is still alive you've probably lost or will just top deck Ancestral Knowledge into lethal np

This is the list I'm referencing, from Kolento:

MkEBYzU.png

hard to maximize minion damage when i don't draw any kappa

• Upvote 1