Bito1002

Wind-Ups for Regionals

Bito1002    36
Hi Guys Im Bringing You My Decklist for A Regional Im Thinking of entering With Wind-Ups! All Help Will Be Appreciated, Fairly New To The Deck So Please Constructive Criticism Thanks :D

The Deck

Total (42)
Monsters (15)

3 WU Rat
3 WU Shark
3 WU Rabbit
2 WU Warrior
1 WU Magician
2 Tour Guide
1 FF- Bear

Spells (13)

3 WU- Factory
2 FF- Tenki
2 MST
2 Forbidden Lance
1 Heavy
1 Dark Hole
1 Reborn
1 Avarice

Traps (14)

3 Fiendish Chains
2 Compulsory Evacuation Device
2 Bottomless Trap Hole
2 Mirror Force
1 Torrential Tribute
1 Solemn Judgment
1 Solemn Warning
1 Trap Stun
1 Starlight Road

Side Deck (15)

2 Snowman Eater
2 Swift Scarecrow
2 Maxx "C"
3 Dimensional Fissure
2 Soul Taker
1 Level Limit Area B
1 Messenger of Peace
1 MST
1 Trap Stun

Extra (15)

1 Leviair
1 Leviathin
1 Soul of the Silver Mountain
1 Zenmaines
1 Temtempo
1 M-X Saber Invoker
1 Maestroke
1 Utopia
1 Pappy
1 Dweller
1 Shock Master
1 Tiras
1 Volcosaurus
1 Gaia
1 Stardust Dragon

I Will be Happy To Anwser All Questions you have And Will Listen To All the Input you have ^^

Freezy    69

It's an interesting decklist, and it looks very Nicholas Zopfi inspired. 

Before suggesting anything I'd like to hear your reasoning on several card choices, and why you decided to play 42 cards?

Is the lack of Duality and Cardcar D due to you simply not having access to them, or is it for some other reason? 

Whilst looking over the list I was also intrigued by your decision to include 2 copies of Forbidden Lance, 2 Compulsory, 1 Starlight Road, a 3rd Fiendish Chain and the lone Trap Stun. Would you be able to explain the theory behind using these cards, and playing them rather than other expected choices such as a second copy of Torrential Tribute? 

Also lurking on the Wind-Up deck discussion thread is a good way to learn more about the deck and develop your own ideas.

You can do that here: http://duelistgroundz.com/index.php?showtopic=146531&page=128

I've posted the link to page 128, towards the end of that page cards like Starlight Road and Gorz begin to be discussed. Also playing 42 card Wind-up decks are discussed around page 131. In general this place is your guide to understanding Wind-ups, it however won't tell you how to play the deck - that's always up to you. 

In summary: Lurk, Learn, Play - then hopefully give back to DGz with thoughtful, concise and helpful posts.

Anyway, thanks for reading.

Mugen.

CheeseCake    2513

Other than that definitely main 2 Torrential, Even with Evilswarm as a thing Lance isn't suddenly good in this deck neither is Compulsory. 

Bito1002    36
Thank You For That Intelligently Wrote Reply, First of All I Chose 42 Cards in the Main Because i Feel Like The Current Meta You Need Originality To Win, Everyone is Expecting Water, Fire Fist, and Macro Rabbit to Be The Decks They will See the Most. So i was thinking The Trap Stun, 3rd Fiendish, and Starlight Road Would Prove Unexpected. As for the Card Car and Duality i did not like how they Tested. Thanks For The Advice ^^ As for the Torrential I Am One Of Those People Who Do Not like Wasting Advantage Sorry if You Do not Agree.
  • Downvote 9

Get With It    542

Thank You For That Intelligently Wrote Reply, First of All I Chose 42 Cards in the Main Because i Feel Like The Current Meta You Need Originality To Win, Everyone is Expecting Water, Fire Fist, and Macro Rabbit to Be The Decks They will See the Most. So i was thinking The Trap Stun, 3rd Fiendish, and Starlight Road Would Prove Unexpected. As for the Card Car and Duality i did not like how they Tested. Thanks For The Advice ^^ As for the Torrential I Am One Of Those People Who Do Not like Wasting Advantage Sorry if You Do not Agree.

My nigga, when you type a sentence (a complete thought), there is no need to capitalize every word; it's grammatically incorrect and aesthetically displeasing. As for your deck, you are playing Wind-Ups..one of the decks that often gains advantage with Torrential Tribute. You can summon monsters such as Tiras, Maestroke, and Zenmaines with great ease, all of which survive Torrential Tribute and can often create huge swings in tempo. Not to mention the fact that arguably the best monster in the deck, Wind-Up Rabbit, dodges Torrential Tribute, while your opponents' monsters still die.

What you said about originality is right, to an extent. Being original and having a few tricks up your sleeve is a huge part of success in deckbuilding, but playing a 42 card deck that doesn't play Pot of Duality or Cardcar D is asinine. You play those cards to dig through your deck for your combo pieces, so adding more cards, and removing the ones that dig is highly redundant. 

• Upvote 5

Bito1002    36
Thank you for the advice, as for the 42 cards i can see your reasoning on why you think it is incorrect i myself was thinking about it for quite a while. What would you change if you where piloting this deck?

Schenck    14

Thank you for the advice, as for the 42 cards i can see your reasoning on why you think it is incorrect i myself was thinking about it for quite a while. What would you change if you where piloting this deck?

Lances would become Dualities
Compulses would become Prisons
Stun would become 2nd Torrential

That'd be my preferences.

Whinesilencer    337

The main reason why'd I'd run 40 in this deck over 42 is because a lot of the time Factory is your win condition. You want to see a Factory as soon as possible, and running 42 (while not making a huge difference) will make you open that card less.

Just my 2 cents.

• Upvote 1

LionHeart77    64

On the side deck.

-2 Swift Scarecrow

-2 Soul Taker

+2 Tragoedia

+1 Messenger of Peace

+1 Level Limit

I just feel tragoedia is a better option than scarecrow right now(when elemental dragons are released my opinion may change). Then messenger and especially level limit can be win conditions games 2+3 so I feel at least 2 limits are necessary.

Pac-Faq    67

Whats is everyones thought out reason aboul lances?

Also what is everyone's thoughts on the side deck?

Lurk the deck discussion thread.

herbie ✌    1340

Thank You For That Intelligently Wrote Reply, First of All I Chose 42 Cards in the Main Because i Feel Like The Current Meta You Need Originality To Win.

Am I the only person who stopped reading here?