rei

Mafia New Games Hosting Queue

2075 posts in this topic

Games must be approved by one of the following people to be run (No Exceptions):

@rei

@Logic

@Malcolm
@PSK

@LFN

@The Antagonist

@Gemstone Mine

@JC.

For now, no more than two games will be held at a time. Post here if you want to run a game and if you want to have a "theme" - for example my first game will be themed around Final Fantasy IX. I'll them PM you about your potential rules / organization of your game to make sure its good to go, and you'll host your game as soon as current game is ending. Also if you have a game with many roles/powers please put the expected players in.

when sending your games for approval, state the following:
- full claiming or no claiming at all
- anonymous or not

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Now Playing: 

Approved Queue:

Wonderland - Beast [Approved by The Antagonist]

WWE - Mascis [To be approved by The Antagonist]

Development Queue:

DGz Mafia - The Antagonist / JC. / PSK [will this ever get done??? stay tuned]

It's Always Scummy in Philadelphia - Faint/Jazz [2 early 2 approve]

Forever in unfinished limbo:
dgz mafia 2.0 - boosh

mtg mafia - TFJ

Body Parts Mafia - Nelrick 

Time Travel Mafia - Francis J Underwood

Anything hosted by Gemstone Mine ever

Also if you guys think we can support more than one game at once lmk

Multiple games is probably possible if you can create enough of a player base or the individual games are small enough .

yeah, I'm used to YF which only has about 15 active players, which is why my FF9 game is only a 12 player game. I just am worried about cannibalizing our only game early.

I'm sure we can fit in multiple games at a time, or atleast I'd do it because this has been fun so far. I'm in for whatever

I'll play in most of these from now on.  Missed the first one since I didn't know it was starting.  

Mafia used to be massive on smogon (maybe it still is).  If anyone is looking for theme ideas, you should definitely check the archives there.

I don't know how to play, but I'd be down for future games

I'm definitely really interested in playing in as many of these as I can. After I get a couple more under my belt I might try hosting.

One of the things to keep it interesting is flavor text (and keeping it moving by starting the next day/night quickly).  

Like in the one that's going on at the minute, possible example of flavor text:

"As the crowd stands in the square of Domino City, shouts begin to ring out.  You hear a lone cry that floats above the others: "Get Allen, I've studied the data and I'm 99% sure he's mafia!".  Some of your fellow citizens turn to look at Allen.  Calmly standing there, Allen refutes the claim: "Actually, it's a well known fact that 87.343% of statistics are made up on the spot, so the chances of me being mafia are actually quite low". He seems to convince the crowd, for now.

Suddenly, iSlickz is hurled to the ground by a rogue citizen.  A frenzy whips through the crowd as the idea that iSlickz might be mafia gains hold. He offers a weak defense, but the crowd are too far gone to care...

iSlickz has been lynched.  He was a civilian.

Disgusted at themselves, the crowd begins to wander off towards their homes as twilight falls."

yeah thats why I gave mine a theme (FF9) etc

Is there a particular thread for posting when we want to join a game? Or do I just pm the host? This looks fun as fuck, and I certainly want to get in on it.

Do you guys want to do 2 concurrent games? Because if so I can make a signup for a second game now [though it'll have more roles and flavour text]

ive dreamed of being in ff9 all my life

please

I'd be in that immediately. Would much knowledge of ff9 be super necessary? Cause I haven't played more than a few hours of it :/

made the recruitment thread

Someone suggested a Bacanno! themed Mafia game w/ the Rail Chaser instead of a detective. I fully support this idea once one of the two existing games ends, someone should run it.

I would love to be in the next one this looks fun as hell

I have an idea of a Mario Bros. themed game designed with a few original roles. 

I would love to host it.

pm me your role ideas and mafia/town/neutral split and ill see if i see any issues

pm me your role ideas and mafia/town/neutral split and ill see if i see any issues

Sent.

I'd be very interested in setting up a Rogue Galaxy mafia game, although idk if the actual game was big enough for people here to have interest in playing a mafia based off it.

Harry Potter, Pokemon, and Star Wars could all be good themes