Wasteland

SCG Invitational Somerset, NJ

+mmf    23273

make tenjums token a domri emblem

• Upvote 1

+mmf    23273

or a voice of resurgence token

+mmf    23273

did shiels just punt that game by charming the scavenging ooze? i might just suck but i really dont see why he would do that there

Mutavault    2900

final will actually be good 2 non mirror midrange is fun magic imo

Burning Earth and Zealous could make this interesting with best of 5

Mutavault    2900

that was a goofy game 1 that ravenger swing was pretty poor but I guess if he hit a land everything woulda been really good.

Andrew 1-0

Mutavault    2900

game 3 was jund had 3 lands total lol gg, more useless burning earth's game 4 for andrew and farseek on curve with a pair of thragtusks 

2 Andrew

2 Jund

Ok lets see a really good game 3 I want to see land tapped pass, land tapped pass land voice pass, jund farseek on play. Then draw on curve from both decks. 

inb4 its a mulligan to loss.game

did shiels just punt that game by charming the scavenging ooze? i might just suck but i really dont see why he would do that there

Yeah, that was definitely a punt. I don't know why he did that...was he really afraid of Izzet Charm being exiled? I can't imagine Spell Pierce or Shock being good later in the game against Jund.

Why did Andrew keep the Burning Earths in?

EDIT: MULL TO 5. I'm done.

Nevermind, he got this. That rib.

Mutavault    2900

Mull to 5 dreadbore off top no 3rd land for Andrew 

this is game I didn't want to see in final 

could be an all Jund weekend even though Legacy Jund isn't anywhere near the power of other legacy decks

+mmf    23273

to be honest I like Eric's American Delver Blade

YES holy shit

when i saw this list on my phone in the car on the way home from my ptq i declared that it contained every single one of the best cards ever made other than jace

• Upvote 1

Mutavault    2900

Well I was testing with a friend delver and geist.dek instead of blade for easier drops etc... it plays really well and you have to pilot through the closest games of your life. I am still trying my best to work it out but there are a million options to go through just like america in standard. People that can play daze and stifle correctly will love this deck. 

edit: 

woot I called it winning xD

┬╗ACP    33373

I agree the deck looked pretty sweet. I honestly I've never really liked RUG Delver (although I very much enjoy watching it be piloted), but American Delver is seems awesome. Having access to both of the best CMC 1 removal spells is great, and Geist is probably the most underrated creature in the format.

+mmf    23273

"Andrew Tenjum is someone that was not on my radar until after the Invitational, where he took second. I was very impressed with his play throughout the Top 8 and expect to see his face in more Top 8s in the near future." -Brad Nelson

+mmf    23273

"Andrew Tenjum is an extremely beautiful and elegant warrior. As he charged into battle upon his magnificent steed in the Top 8 of the Invitational my pants became moist with joy" -Jesus Christ

• Upvote 1