G Λ r Ω N    5934
I've found Divine Wrath to be way more useful than PWWB or Break, it makes your mirror way easier and it's really useful across the board since free recursive monsters aren't as prominent anymore, and you should be maxing out on MSTs to hit those odd floodgate cards g1, and speaking of floodgate cards, I have been really liking Summon Limit as well.
  • Upvote 4

falolipe    72

@! BlackFlame !:  Thats not true, you could have priestess without 3 spellbooks and while justice get you 1 spellbook you also need 1 to activate his effect so you don't increase your spellbook count, and you are forced to take 1 world out of your deck

Priestess is dead a lot in the early game (wich is from where you need to scape) and drawing justice after priestess doesn't make it any better

Then if you draw justice before priestess you need tower or crescent and no secrets nor magician to make it count, other way you have the ball rolling anyway and banishing your spellcaster on the first turns lets you vulnerable so magician is almost always a better summon, and if you want justice for the mid and late game then I don't know what to say

TLDR: the times justice is weak or unnecessary are a lot more than the times it helps you get your game running, so I wouldn't play it at all

Brandon Wigley    3438

I've found Divine Wrath to be way more useful than PWWB or Break, it makes your mirror way easier and it's really useful across the board since free recursive monsters aren't as prominent anymore, and you should be maxing out on MSTs to hit those odd floodgate cards g1, and speaking of floodgate cards, I have been really liking Summon Limit as well.

I would agree except for the fact that harpies are going to be a big deck this format and the field spell war with them is super important. Since they can out monster you backrows are all you really have to combat it and the field spell makes that just about impossible. I tried maining 2 divine wrath last night at locals and I played a lot of geargia, 1 mirror and 1 harpie and against geargia and harpies raigeki break is far better. I would just stick to divine wrath in the side from the testing i've had so far

• Upvote 2

»Paraliel    8037

What do you guys think of Trap Stun? It was good vs Geargias and other things but I'm not sure if its necessary.

Dont Forget    609

Divine Wrath has been amazing for me but aside from bricking all I really lose to are floodgates and Divine doesn't help there. That is with maining 2 Mst and siding the 3rd and multiple Dust Tornado.

• Upvote 4

»Paraliel    8037

Divine Wrath has been amazing for me but aside from bricking all I really lose to are floodgates and Divine doesn't help there. That is with maining 2 Mst and siding the 3rd and multiple Dust Tornado.

This was my problem with Divine Wrath.

Brandon Wigley    3438

On the trap stun thing, personally I like 7 tools more. Spellbooks don't really make huge pushes and the cards that hurt the most are cards like divine wrath and solemn warning both of which trap stun can't stop. Unless of course you play it before you summon a magician or something which isn't realistic

MrMcThrasher    1274

Pk8f5Zf.png

So far I'm considering losing a single Eternity for another Power since the chances of Eternity being banished are pretty low, but I KNOW it'll happen at some point when I need it.  I'll probably cut it in time anyway.

I also decided to main Divine Wrath AND PWWB instead of picking one or the other.

Suuwo    648

If you want to play divine wrath in the main, why not stock up on more s/t removal in the side? I like break as well, but on my end I'm seeing a lot of firefist, buijin, and water, all of them get completely blown out by wrath since the first two can't lance / turtle out of it and water just losses the critical mass of cards it needs to beat you down

MrMcThrasher, do you have all the discard outlets to make all those discard traps live?

edit: for the trap stun thing, I agree that 7 tools is probably better if you want to go for trap negation

Dont Forget    609

Pk8f5Zf.png

So far I'm considering losing a single Eternity for another Power since the chances of Eternity being banished are pretty low, but I KNOW it'll happen at some point when I need it.  I'll probably cut it in time anyway.

I also decided to main Divine Wrath AND PWWB instead of picking one or the other.

You really don't need Encore at all. Break is better than Pwwb I think. Also please play Draco/Big Eye, they are more relevant than a lot of things in your extra deck.

»Dashie    511

Pk8f5Zf.png

The thing with losing a single Eternity is that you always want to be sending Fate back with Tower, meaning that there will be a lot of spots where you would like to have the second copy, so you don't have to use as many Secrets/Masters from your deck as opposed to your banished pile to get to your Fate again, which is really suboptimal considering that you don't wanna be out of books within 3/4 turns. Obviously there are also spots where you need to banish Eternity to go for Fate for 2/3, which should also be taken into consideration.

Also why are you play 5 discard traps when you're not playing 2 World?

sATu815.png

Decided to test, A) Magical Dimension to see how it performed compared to the discard traps. And B) 2 Justice + 2 Priestess instead of 1 of each.

Basically, instead of discarding World (or Priestess), you summon it straight to the field to put pressure on with 2900, while disrupting an important play (like Wolfbark, etc). 90% of the time, you'll be tributing Blue who is obviously easily searched. Summoning Priestess is also another nice option because you don't always have 3 spells in hand to summon her via own effect, which makes her more consistent to bring out, and the fact that summoning her isn't the last thing to happen means her summon can't be TT'd/BTH'd etc, so she can also pop a card easily during the next turn. MD also has another nice advantage over the traps in that it can actually allow you to make rather aggressive swings. Priestess > pop a backrow > attack for 2500 > tribute for MD > special World and swing for 5400 total (6400 if you Powered). It also means you wont have to consider playing more than 1 Wisdom, since chaining this to backrow usually achieves the same thing, but bringing a bigger monster out and blowing up a  monster if need be while you're at it. The main downside is that you have to control a spellcaster or it's dead, and it can't hit backrow. Being quickplay monster spot removal is really nice though, immune to Stun and Tools and won't be affected if you side in Decree.

As for running an extra Justice and Priestess instead of things like Kycoo/Breaker/Strength, I greatly preferred it because the extra Justice increased the consistency, directly generates advantage and Priestess is just simply good now, and World helps her special summon effect be live more often that it was when the deck didn't play World.

• Upvote 3

AL13    13

I really don't like the addition of those gimmick cards on this deck. Fate going to 1, just makes this deck adapt to the fact that Tower is even more important to be live and stop every field spell war that we can have. This made me up MST to 3 in the main and Raigeki Break earned another shot, now that we don't need the power of wing blast to take out colours or just take away a draw from our opponent.

This deck beated everything bar dragons...now that they are weak why change so much in the deck when we still have the power to recicle Fate?

if it ain't broke, don't fix it...

@! BlackFlame !:  Thats not true, you could have priestess without 3 spellbooks and while justice get you 1 spellbook you also need 1 to activate his effect so you don't increase your spellbook count, and you are forced to take 1 world out of your deck

Priestess is dead a lot in the early game (wich is from where you need to scape) and drawing justice after priestess doesn't make it any better

Then if you draw justice before priestess you need tower or crescent and no secrets nor magician to make it count, other way you have the ball rolling anyway and banishing your spellcaster on the first turns lets you vulnerable so magician is almost always a better summon, and if you want justice for the mid and late game then I don't know what to say

TLDR: the times justice is weak or unnecessary are a lot more than the times it helps you get your game running, so I wouldn't play it at all

Assuming you're running my build with 16 spellbooks in a 40 card deck, you'll open at least 2 spellbooks 54% of the time with a 72% of drawing at least 1 spellbook that can search another. Yeah, if you have to use Wisdom/Power/Tower on Justice it sucks, but you know full well your hand will be playable the next turn.

Just so you know right now there is a 15% of opening a card you run 1 of in a 40 card deck, which means there is a 2.2% of opening both Priestess and Justice. There is also a 3.5% chance of not opening any spellbook spell at all. It's not as significant as you're making it out to be.

Actually if all you have is Secrets as your only accessible spellbook, then activating Justice is the right play. If you have both Secrets & Mag, you will not need to activate Justice, but Justice does dodge Veiler & that Mag's not going anywhere the next turn. Point is it's not always the right play, but it is the right play to activate Justice most of the time in those bad hands.

I don't even get what you're saying here. You won't always draw Mag. If you draw Mag & a spellbook spell then you won't need Justice. The reason I run Justice isn't to help good hands, it's to help bad ones. Justice used to be Duality, but it caused so many more inconsistencies with Crescent & Justice guarantees playable hands whereas Duality does not.

Honestly man, you've got to use statistics in this to find objectively better cards instead of just thinking about vague pros & cons. I'm not saying running Justice is right, but it's the best I've found using the statistics I know that the rest of my deck supports with a total of 12 cards that can disrupt my opponent's turn (not including Fate) & 2 Msts.

falolipe    72

I'm not saying you will not activate justice, I'm saying most times it doesnt serve for his purpose wich is help with the bad hands

2 eternity doesn't work

1 life doesn't work

1 fate doesn't work

2 master doesn't work

1 power is suboptimal

1 wisdom is suboptimal

3 secrets is not a bad hand, so while justice is not bad here, I wouldn't play justice to support my playable hands if I know it can be bad other times

3 crescent does work with justice

2 tower does work with justice

So the only times I do want justice is when I draw crescent or tower and no secrets or magician (may be you want justice to support your secrets/magician hands, I don't, because I know there are other times when justice will be subpar so it doesn't pay the worth in this cases, besides with magician you have fate and tower wich means 1 more card on your next turn and protection) , and the odds of opening justice + tower/crescent and not secrets/magician is 2.73%, the other 12.27% justice is subpar. Of course you need to consider the times you draw it on your second turn but you get an idea

As for the priestess thing, you need to consider the whole 15% of drawing priestess because 1) priestess won't have 3 spellbooks 55% of the times and it conflicts with fate and tower plays if you didn't summoned it first turn, and 2) drawing justice as a topdeck after you draw priestess make it even worst than what it is when you top deck justice and you already have your cycles, wich is in my opinion a bad top deck already

MrMcThrasher    1274

If you want to play divine wrath in the main, why not stock up on more s/t removal in the side? I like break as well, but on my end I'm seeing a lot of firefist, buijin, and water, all of them get completely blown out by wrath since the first two can't lance / turtle out of it and water just losses the critical mass of cards it needs to beat you down

MrMcThrasher, do you have all the discard outlets to make all those discard traps live?

edit: for the trap stun thing, I agree that 7 tools is probably better if you want to go for trap negation

Tower is VERY attainable T1.  So long as that happens, all discard traps are live.  Tower is justification for running so many.  Summoning World helps too.

You really don't need Encore at all. Break is better than Pwwb I think. Also please play Draco/Big Eye, they are more relevant than a lot of things in your extra deck.

Encore is a quick answer to Ophion; nothing more, nothing less.  Once I Encored an Ophion, it makes me free to summon Priestess or World.  

As for PWWB vs. Break, PWWB has better applications overall thanks to mained MST's for Tenki/Field Spells/generic backrow.  I'd rather have the flexibility of being able to set my opponent back a turn or just killing a Radiance/Zenmaines without Fate for later plays.

Also why are you play 5 discard traps when you're not playing 2 World?

Tower is already justification in the first place.  Summoning either boss is a bonus to this, and are partially win conditions (Priestess should average a +1 each turn and would theoretically mitigate any cost payed, and World either gets the +2 and possibly pops the field).  I'm also only playing one World because I'm so blasted sick and tired of drawing into him, and there's the matter of normally only summoning one anyway.  I STILL draw into him anyway on DN and it's still AIDS to do so.  Priestess has less of an impact on the game, but sucks less as a draw and is still summonable via Temperance, and once again makes paying costs for the 5 discard traps less severe.

Dont Forget    609

You don't need a quick answer to Ophion. There are much more important side deck cards. Also please don't rely on Tower to make you able to support your discarding cards. Keeping Tower off the field is actually a viable way to beat spellbooks, especially with Fate at 1. I didn't even notice the ratio of 1 World to 1 Priestess. If you have 5 ways to discard it you should definitely not play any Priestess until you at least have 2 Worlds.

• Upvote 2

Carbon    1890

3 Spellbook Magician of Prophecy

3 Temperance of Prophecy

2 High Priestess of Prophecy

2 World of Prophecy 

1 Effect Veiler

2 Tragoedia

3 Spellbook Library of Prophecy

3 Spellbook of Secrets

2 The Grand Spellbook Tower

2 Spellbook of the Master

2 Spellbook of Eternity

1 Spellbook of Wisdom

1 Spellbook of Power

1 Spellbook of Fate

1 Spellbook of Life

3 Mystical Space Typhoon

1 Book of Moon

1 Torrential Tribute

2 Phoenix Wing Wind Blast

1 Solemn Warning

1 Compulsory Evacuation Device

1 Bottomless Trap Hole

3 Mystical Refpanel

2 D.D. Crow

2 Vanity's Emptiness

2 Cursed Seal of Forbidden Spell

1 Effect Veiler

2 Max "C"

2 Divine Wrath

1 Dimensional Fissure

• Downvote 6

Mr Cook    473

3 Spellbook Magician of Prophecy

3 Temperance of Prophecy

2 High Priestess of Prophecy

2 World of Prophecy 

1 Effect Veiler

2 Tragoedia

3 Spellbook Library of Prophecy

3 Spellbook of Secrets

2 The Grand Spellbook Tower

2 Spellbook of the Master

2 Spellbook of Eternity

1 Spellbook of Wisdom

1 Spellbook of Power

1 Spellbook of Fate

1 Spellbook of Life

3 Mystical Space Typhoon

1 Book of Moon

1 Torrential Tribute

2 Phoenix Wing Wind Blast

1 Solemn Warning

1 Compulsory Evacuation Device

1 Bottomless Trap Hole

3 Mystical Refpanel

2 D.D. Crow

2 Vanity's Emptiness

2 Cursed Seal of Forbidden Spell

1 Effect Veiler

2 Max "C"

2 Divine Wrath

1 Dimensional Fissure

It was nice of you to explain some of your questionable card choices to us.

Carbon    1890

Pretty sure Tragoedia is the only questionable card so lets shut down the attitude.

Tragoedia is just the best I've found in the slots. I was trying Apprentice & Faith but they didn't do much. I tried Justice and the cards balls.

There's less Big Eye right now so Trag / Gorz are less of a liability. Trag is constantly over 3k and doesn't care about anything.

• Downvote 16

»TS Fearless    7068

Pretty sure Tragoedia is the only questionable card so lets shut down the attitude.
Tragoedia is just the best I've found in the slots. I was trying Apprentice & Faith but they didn't do much. I tried Justice and the cards balls.
There's less Big Eye right now so Trag / Gorz are less of a liability. Trag is constantly over 3k and doesn't care about anything.

There's a lot more than just Trag but if I pointed them all out this post would take forever long and be pointless anyway. Veiler? Priestess with 0 Justice? Pwwb?
  • Upvote 6

Keitzo    33

CTjN5Ax.png

Side still needs a lot of work and the extra is pretty irrelevant anyway apart from Elf, Phoenix and Herald but the main is what I'm testing at the moment. It does have some trouble with bad hands but the deck is pretty much World.Deck with the 2 stoics and reckless support. Foolish I didn't think I would like at all but it's good in the fact it might as well say "Add one temperance of prophecy from your deck to your hand". I was originally testing Justice/Priestess builds but World is too good not to play so why not build the deck around that card? The changes I would like to make would be to fit book of moon back in deck and possibly squeeze the 3rd mst in too. I sometimes miss the one off Priestess but usually get by without it.

Divine Wrath is so good it's unreal, much better than the 2 PWWB I was playing alongside the breaks to support the 2 World 2 Stoic. Thoughts on this/thoughts on Stoic engine in general?

I feel like people should be playing something similar to this if they believe World is the way to go. 2 Stoic, 3 Temperance, 1 Foolish means easy Temperance access and 2 Worlds means there will be one in deck or grave almost all the time when you need it to resolve so you don't lose to drawing World. Reckless helps dig through your deck, puts you stupidly far ahead if you open multiple copies and has some very silly interactions with World, either chaining to the add effect or the nuke effect depending whether you need those books. I also like the fact that unlike the rest of the deck, Reckless digs for backrow and in World.Deck is a lot less restrictive (and just flat out better) than Pot of Duality.

• Upvote 3

».ben.    7437

On Reckless - When I tried it last format in Prophecy, I was reminded why I didn't like it in most decks: Outside of decks where you draw an obscene amounts of cards (Dark World, Dragon, etc.), seeing double reckless is just luck-based. And, when I only have 1 Reckless, I usually wish it was any other card. 

Maybe with world it's less of an issue?