Logic

Pokemon Mafia DGZ -Aftermath

»Logic    2033

Pokemon Mafia

The Aftermath

Before I begin, I want to take some time to thank everyone for playing, spectating, and just overall being a part of this experience. For my first mafia game ever hosted, and only the third one I've ever been a part of, this was such a rewarding experience. I've put almost 30 hours into studying Mafia, learning roles, and trying to come up with the most creative abilities I could, while keeping the game balanced. Juding by the responses I've got and the length of the game, I feel like this was a total success. That being said, I certainly found some bugs and glitches that I had to address during the game that I may of been able to handle better. This is such a learning experience for all of us, and I'm just thankful to be able to share it with you all. Below are my objective perspectives on a day to day basis, with my bets on who was going to win as of the end of that specific day. This may end up being a lengthy read, but I'll give you the specifics from my perspective while making it as readable as possible. As back and forth as this game appeared to be from a town perspective, it was even more-so for the Mafia.  Come observe the story from my perspective.

The Roles:
[spoiler] In progress [/spoiler]

Day 0/Pregame [spoiler]
Day 0: The game starts with the Eevee vote. I was excited to see how popular the event was. It was super scary to watch because Espeon breaks the Town to probably 80% win and Flareon probably breaks Mafia to 80% win... . .. Fuck. They picked Espeon. MBA voted for Espeon. An awesome choice; he must of realized early the extent of his power.
Night 0. Holy Fuck. Town is broke. MBA links with Gaia. Malcolm links with rei. Gaia and rei know each others ability and affiliation. On top of that, MBA comes up with the AMAZING idea I'll share with you all later. Oh, and did I mention Wilson wrote an anonymous letter to MBA? In case you don't realize the potential here, this is where the group could be by day 2: Malcolm knows someone else has the same power. He shares it with rei. Rei fishes publicly for who the other user is. MBA bids on it. He tells Gaia to imply he knows what's going on, and listens to whatever rei says. Gaia and MBA talk, create their code. Malcolm and rei figure out that MBA is Sabrina. Meanwhile, MBA/Gaia bid again on the anonymous letter from Wilson, and comes to the conclusion that Wilson can write letters. Day 2, malcolm connects with MBA, MBA connects with Wilson, and they start a huge network from there.
Holy fuck.
Chances of winning : Town: Mafia 80/20
But. . .[/spoiler]

Day 1: [Spoiler] ... But, almost everything that can go wrong does. -MBA doesn't bid on the letter. -Rei throws out a fish for who the other psychic is (at least I think he does by indirectly asking Splatt) but MBA doesn't bid on that either. -There's some miscommunication with Gaia about his role and he doesn't realize that he knows rei is town. -Islickz, trying to get a scan off, puts malcolm at risk for a lynch. -Ash misplays and votes for islickz instead of splatt, which doesn't force the tie he was hoping for, and their extra psychic, Malcolm dies Day 1
Overnight, the Mafia scans Gaia and kills rei...there goes the strong town players LOL. Better than Gaia getting the NK, I believe Gaia got more from his networking than rei did, anyway. Knowing Gaia's ability, they deem him a pointless NK at this point. Wilson goes balls deep and goes 100% honest with islickz as far as what he can do in a letter. Hope he takes his word for it. Boosh misses the heal and MBA connects with a Mafia. FUCK.
Town:Mafia 35/ 65 [/spoiler]

Day 2
[spoiler] The day starts with me excited to see what islickz does, particularly regarding his relationships with Wilson and LFN are. Nothing really comes from it. Boosh starts this hilarious Magikarp routine which has everyone convinced he's claiming a water role (I mean, the mafia thread talks about people terrified of him evolving and killing people and things, it's to die for.), and throws everyone off by quoting MBA and a picture of Erika, where some people take this as an accusation that MBA is a healer, some take it that Boosh is softclaiming. They end up lynching JacknBox, which luckily for them, was the best lynch they could of made.
The dynamic actions during this day, however are between satchm8d and MBA privately. Their psychic connection is interesting, and can be found in the Mafia thread. Satchm8d bluffs being neutral and that he picks an affiliation after 3 rounds. MBA ends up trusting Satchm8d and tells him about his Magic Guard abiltity-if someone NK's him, they die instead. you should see Satchm8ds response to it in the Mafia thread.
Overnight, they force Hail to negate MBA's 'Magic Guard'
PLOT TWIST [spoiler] Magic Guard is a bluff and he wastes his Hail[/spoiler]
PLOT TWIST 2 [Spoiler] Boosh ends up trying to heal MBA, but it gets negated thanks to the hail. MBA would of lived if he didn't make the bluff in the first place. LOLOL. [/spoiler]
Hail stops them from scanning that turn.
[/spoiler]

Day 3
[Spoiler]
You would think the hail nerfs everyone and makes the day unexciting. NOPE.
Apparently, Gaia and MBA created a code that enabled to tell Gaia who was suspicious based on the number of words correlating with the number of each player, and the number of periods suggesting if they were town or scum. MBA sent out a message before dying that Satchm8D was Mafia. If MBA's death on it's own didn't prove it, this formula quickly made a unanimous vote. 1 Mafia down, 3 to go!
Over the next few nights, the speed of the game limits Wilsons opportunities to send letters. The Mafia decides to mute Gaia with Mean Look out of fear of him catching onto Wry. They also poison Boosh on the assumption that his game is too poor to waste a NK on, putting him on a 3 day timer (they underestimated how good of a play that ends up being). The Mafia takes another hit when their Urthor NK was successfully healed. However, they hit the jackpot on their scan:
They find out that if LFN is lynched during the day, he becomes a Mafia. What a perfect play to retain their fallen member!
60/40 Mafia at this point. [/spoiler]

Day 4 [Spoiler] Suicidal starts the LFN bandwagon by noticing that LFN votes for someone else every time he votes [not like anyone else would of noticed if it wasn't for the scan.] Him and Urthor demand proof, and LFN ends up voting for so many different people that he can't post anymore. If they lynch LFN, Mafia makes the game nearly a guaranteed victory after Toxic resolves. . .
Things are going according to the Mafias plans. Urthor goes HARD at LFN for the lynch, as the mafia cheers quietly "URTHOR MVP!". 6/7 votes. . . but LFN shows resistance, insisting he's town because he assumes the Mafia is down to 3 players and not knowing he was scanned. Revelver/Cellardoor, Islickzs, and others fight the urge to give the majority vote.

In a total 360, the day end with pressure being put on Scottie for a majority lynch, who ends up having the Mafia's role scanning ability!
Overnight, The mafia has nothing to do but wait. Assuming that the Healer can't target the same player multiple times in a row, they shoot for Urthor's death (Which Boosh wanted everyone to know that he did call [3 kills in a row] but ended up voting for Wilson [Who Boosh didn't know was the Mafias second nomination])
Struggling to keep up with these setbacks, Suicidal and Wry feel if they don't lynch LFN tonight, the game is done for them.
[/spoiler]
Day 5 [spoiler] A very short day. Wry and Suicidal go for a quick lynch on LFN. Cellardoor follows suit. Fingers start getting pointed to Dennis and Islickzs, and they each get one vote. Islickzs, who was genuinely suspicious of Dennis, gets a submission scan off of him right before Dennis uses String Shot to end the phase. Somehow in the mist of things, LFN wins by one vote, and the mafia get their 5th member!
Not too much happens this night. Boosh makes a horrible call of trying to heal Suicidal when he knows Boosh is personally suspicious of him? Magikarp logic.... Oh, and Biki dies, when Thunder Waves 3 players. His ending quote " HAHAHA HOW DOES IT FEEL TO NOT HAVE YOUR POWERS MAFIA?!?"
... he didn't hit one...
... and he hit LFN, which stops him from having to vote for someone every round, while maintaining Mafia status. Bad day for town.
70/30 Mafia [/spoiler]

Day 6 [spoiler]Boosh dies to Toxic and he his revealed as the healer. Islickzs claims Dennis and LFN to be town [Dennis by his ability, LFN as simply a strong belief] In doing so, pressure from Cellardoor starts moving towards Islickzs. In a rage, he releases too much information about his role and I am forced to modkill him. I make the controversial decision of ending the day because of it.
Overnight, Killswitch gets brought in to avoid inactivity deaths. Wilson is the only one with an overnight ability at this point, but doesn't. [/spoiler]

Day 7
[Spoiler] Game is down to 4 town 3 mafia, as I announce there are 3 Mafia left.
Mafia pushes hard at cellardoor, everyone follows. With half an hour to defend himself before majority takes him, he comes up with poor arguments and his wording based on self-preservation and not town preservation makes his solid arguments fall on deaf ears. 99/1 Mafia 3 minutes before the deadline, a huge plot twist forces me to extend the game another two hours.
In this two hours, members of the town decide to believe Cellardoor and votes start to disappear for the time being while I announce a ground-breaking effect. JackNBox, an apparent vanilla, is revealed to use Sturdy to gain one more vote. The Town, already suspicious of Wry9 with 3-4 votes, get's another one against him from this ability and it saves the town from a mislynch!

Overnight, Wilson writes a letter to Frogman ensuring him that Suicidal is Mafia, and LFN is probably next. 30/70 Town
[/spoiler]
Day 8 [spoiler] 5 players left. Dennis, LFN, Suicidal, Kill_switch, and Wilson. Wilson is presumed town from the Hail, Kill_Switch is implied town due to Cellardoor's ability. Dennis is implied town from Islickzs, and Islick's support for LFN is proven as a hunch.
Very to the point day. Suicidal supported Wry, their movements were synonymous. Easy lynch for the night.
Overnight, Wilson writes his last letter before being lynched. This letter, which because of him dying overnight, is publicly displayed. Inside? A very strong argument that LFN is the last Mafia. But will Frogman and Killswitch believe him?
[/spoiler]

Day 9
[Spoiler]  LFN comes up with a great post of amazing bullshit, and Dennis does a solid job of answering it. Kill_switch makes his vote, knowing that the town can't lose no matter what the outcome.. .

He chooses the other town member, Dennis...[spoiler] and come Night 9 when LFN has to make his night kill for the win, Kill_Switch's Outrage turns the table on LFN as well, ending the game in a tie.[/spoiler]
Holy shit. Good game.
[/spoiler]

Mafia Thread: [spoiler]http://www.quicktopic.com/50/H/uWLUpQyAtjJB2 [/spoiler]

Feedback for individual players and rankings:
[Spoiler]1.) rei -    -.5. Misvote Day 1 forced a power player to get lynched. Obviously you didn't last long enough for any feedback.

2.) biki   -.5- Inactivity really hurt you, as your reads on Mafia hurt the town with your ability. I believe the correct play would of been to target Boosh[was dying] and Gaia [very obvious his ability wouldn't be affected by it] to minimize damage to the town

3.)JacknBox +.5 Amazing use of Steelix helped save the entire town from losing. Good form.

4.)Scottie Spliffen-0 Solid play all game. I'm not sure if the round that you died there was much you could do. Solid scan choices, too.

5.)Islickz -.5. -1 for getting modkilled, +1 for playing your role as well as i thought you could. No major suggestions, though I thought you could of got some easier scans Day 1 by wording your posts differently.

6.)Super Boosh +.5, Great distractions with the Magikarp gimmick, and great calls on most of your heals.

7.) my bloody arcanine +.5 Great read on Satchm8d gave town the momentum it needed. The revenge kill bluff was also amazing.

8.)Urthor -0 Solid game all around.

9.)xXMalcolm -0 Did the best you could do with what you had.

10.) Kill_switch -0 Thanks for subbing and saving the town from an auto-lose. A tie is better than losing!
11.)wry9 - +.5, I thought you were one of the best players all game. even if they were suspicious of you, no one could make connections until late game with who you'd associate with.
12.)(3LL4rD00r +0, HOW THE FUCK DID YOU NOT SOFTCLAIM JIGGLYPUFF BUT WRY9 DID, WHEN JIGGLYPUFF WAS IN YOUR DESCRIPTION AND WRY DIDN'T KNOW THAT.

13.)Suicidal +0. Actually seeing you post in a game was fantastic. Solid player that doesn't change their game much regardless of affiliation.
14.) LFN  +1.5. MVP for playing his role effectively, and an extra +.5 for handling that high-pressure situation the last two rounds.
15.)Satchmo8D - 0. Nice try for a first game.

16.) rap game dennis frogman +.5. Your patience saved the mislynch on Cellardoor and gave the town a chance to win. Hope you're a little more active in the future.
17.)Gaia  +1.5 Amazing game-feared by the Mafia, came up with that awesome play to lynch Satchm8d, and with an ability that was essentially irrelevent all game. Awesome job!

18.) Wilson +.5. Really solid game, lasting almost the whole time. Nice use of ability.

Revolver -1.0 Modkill

Splatt-1.0 Modkill [/spoiler]

I hope everyone had a blast! Please provide any feedback or thoughts on how I, the players, or DGZ can use this experience to make DGZ Mafia greater than it is already getting! My biggest goal is to build as much interest as it can.

Shout outs to the almost dozen members that regularly watched our game! I loved the interest.

I'll provide some more information at the request of the players, but I'm looking forward to hearing what everyone thinks!

• Upvote 9

+Malcolm    4606
Probably the easiest town win of all time but the shittiest town of all time put a stop to that right away.
  • Upvote 2

JackNBox    616
Gg.
Killswitch you crazy bastard. I almost went and jumped off a bridge when you voted :P what made you think that lfn's bulletproof ability was townie related?

Great game logic ^_^
  • Upvote 3

+Urthor    10225

Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuucccccccccccckkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk

• Upvote 1

»Logic    2033

Probably the easiest town win of all time but the shittiest town of all time put a stop to that right away.

The only way the Town would of had a better setup would of been if you hit up MBA, and MBA hit up Wilson from the getgo. Otherwise, yeah.

You have to admit, after knowing Islickz ability, you can't blame him for voting you Day 1 imo.

Groot    526

WE DIDNT LOSE THOUGH, THATS ALL THAT MATTERS. HUEHUEHUE

By far the best mafia game to date, and this recap goes above and beyond expectations.

Kudos to Logic.

Very GG guys, it was a pleasure.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

+Urthor    10225

A MOTHER FUCKING DETECTIVE SCANNED FROGMAN AND YOU JUST IGNORED IT OH I AM SAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAALT

• Upvote 9

slickz    4309

I think it was appropriate to end the game in a tie 

but seriously Killswitch what the fuck was that?

• Upvote 2

+Urthor    10225

SO you thought there was a godfather ability that protected mafia

...when the only detective for town was ISlickz who had the mother of all limitations built into his ability.  The holy godmother of all limitations.  

• Upvote 3

Groot    526

I'm just realizing now how absolutely one sided this game would have had we picked Flareon at first.

• Upvote 1

LFN    3239

I guess I should come clean

I lied when I said that I'm Obi Wan

uly4dk9.jpg

and you guys should never have tried to lynch me

xAaWAkK.jpg

It was a very close game though, everything hinged on whether Kill_Switch would believe Frogman or myself

• Upvote 3

slickz    4309

Yeah my power was very limited and hard to use. Voting for people makes you so suspicious 

Bikis thunder-wave really hurt 

»Logic    2033

I was really hoping you would of been more creative with it. Back when Urthor was trying to find out if LFN had to post every time, you should of been like

"Hey LFN, let's try something. I'm going to vote for you. VOte for me next time you post, okay?"

Ezpz

+Malcolm    4606
[quote name="Wry9" post="3567805" timestamp="1378532955"]I'm just realizing now how absolutely one sided this game would have had we picked Flareon at first.[/quote] Kind of like how one sided espeon should have been

»Logic    2033

But yeah, if you would of stayed any later in the game, you would of picked up reads right and left. During the day phase, too.

Mafia made a really big risk going hard at LFN. If anyone else would of got a read/he was killed last, It would of been super easy to assume Scottie scanned LFN, and when he did, Mafia went balls to the wall to lynch him.

+Malcolm    4606
Please run another game like this logic. I really wanted to play this one but dying day one crushed my dreams into dust
  • Upvote 2

+Urthor    10225

How does outrage even matter?  the only way you could have lost is if Frogman literally was a godfather.  Literally, only, one, way.  You should still have picked LFN and if things ended badly, outraged Frogman.

IS THAT SO HARD

• Upvote 1