NeoArkadia

Starter Decks: Yugi and Kaiba Reloaded

~NeoArkadia~    2795
https://www.facebook.com/permalink.php?story_fbid=692772657418102&id=124988010863239
The Nostalgia is strong with this one
[Exclusive Reveal!!] Are you a fan of the Classic Yu-Gi-Oh! series? Now you can Duel just like Yugi and Kaiba! We'll be releasing an all-new Yugi Starter Deck Reloaded and the Kaiba Starter Deck Reloaded in December!

Matticus    2253

This could be either really cool or really shitty.

[spoiler]Red Dark Magician plz![/spoiler]

Donnie    2189

Looking through Yugi and Kaiba's card pool, both have very few unreleased monsters, almost all of them being one time cards, other than the Legendary Dragons, but if they planned to release those Hermos would be in Joey's World. So doubting we'll see any new cards in here. Could be a good chance to include the Alternate Blue Eyes and Dark Magician arts though.

• Upvote 1

~NeoArkadia~    2795
Red Dark Magician is not Yugi's, has no major product to push it, nor the fanbase to demand its importing. Also it's a Shueisha card and thus cost blood diamonds.

[/Tewart]

Donnie    2189

Insert fanfic about Yugi having actually won Dark Magician from Arkana per the anti rule, but never using it.

• Upvote 2

Matticus    2253

Stop killing my dreams Ark.

New DM support would be nice though (maybe a synchro?)

This also seems like a cool way of printing the Legendary Magician of Dark/Legendary Dragon of White, but I really don't see that happening to be honest.

Donnie    2189

I think it's possible that we'll get stuff that was just never released such as Dark Renewal or Card of Demise, as these are character Structure Decks, not Blue Eyes and Dark Magician Structure decks, and possibly rehashes on some of their more iconic monsters.

I don't really see these selling too well if their main selling point is just a Holo Dark Magician /Blue Eyes with alt rarities of the few playable cards they have, Mirror Force, Crush Card, Return, which your average player can already obtain.

~NeoArkadia~    2795
These are Starter Decks.

The cards will be dumb simple shit to get you into the game.

It's meant to probably tie in with the huge push of Yu-Gi-Oh! Classic (the original series), due to Konami getting the anime dub onto DVD for the first time in a not completely balls-ass impossible to obtain method.

(Also expect Netflix and other streaming services to get the TV shows if Konami has any brains in their heads.)
  • Upvote 1

Honestly, it seems like a really good idea.

If I were watching the yugioh show on netflix and hadn't played in years and then I saw the yugi and kaiba decks with the gods as the main monsters, I'd buy them.

• Upvote 3

Raylulz    1778

Yeah I mean look at yugis world. It had majority of older day cards with a couple of reprints and that seemed to get a lot of good reception from everyone which is why I assume they are going on with joeys world. 

Pretty sure we wont see new cards in here but if we do that's all the better. The reloaded part is the thing that's throwing me off. I'm hoping they mean they will throw in some good staples instead of cards like de-spell or whatever. Fiendish chain instead of shadow spell, ect. I'm sure regardless it will sell.

Midori    49

What about Legendary Magician of Dark and Legendary Dragon of White?

The OCG got a reprint of those, of course with the "cannot be used in a duel" stuff, still would sell just for the cool factor.

~NeoArkadia~    2795
I'd assume it's something akin to the Starter Decks Yugi and Kaiba Evolution from 2004. Probably a lot of those scrappy normals reprinted along with other stuff, plus some stuff to make it not entirely ass and fail purchase wise.

»Pharaoh Atem    15784
hulu has had ygo classic dub available for a long time now

»Barron    7990

hulu has had ygo classic dub available for a long time now

thanks i now have something to watch for the next couple weeks :)

dexer008    805

I'm thinking the yugi deck will be a re-print of the deck he used during the last saga, with marshmallon, gadgets, and to further confirm this, silent swordsman and silent magicians. As for kaibai's, probably alot of reprints, but might include maiden with eyes of blue. 

tichris93    667

"let's throw in a refpanel in here to increase our sales"

• Upvote 5

refpanel seems pretty much guaranteed

I would literally love it if kaibas could summon BEUD and yugi's could summon dark paladin but I really doubt that's gonna happen

like if you could buy 2 of each, mesh them together and have some sort of really intricate mirror match (i know that isn't the right word) thing, that'd be awesome