9000chainz    56

Been workin' on this shit for a little while, and I like how it plays in its current build. Of course, i'm always open to suggestions as long as they're credible. Oh, no "hurr hurr 101 exciton" cause niggas is broke.

Monsters (14)

1 Honest

2 Vylon Prism

2 Sishunder

3 Mahunder

3 Pahunder

3 Thunder Sea Horse

Traditional family lineup. Running CardCar means I'd have to play Threatening Roar. TR is awful for this build. No Veilers, I've got that covered. Don't even think about Tragoedia, and damn sure don't suggest anything with "Battery" and "Man" in it.

Spells (14)

1 Book of Moon

2 Messenger of Peace

2 Pot of Duality 

3 Recycling Batteries

3 Upstart Goblin

3 Mystical Space Typhoon

#hobanlyf. The Upstarts help you get where you need to be, because without them you're too slow. Yes, you could run traps in their place, but traps don't stop everything if you have no monsters on board. Messenger isn't a staple, and might come out for 2 Mind Crush mained. But for now, it does what it needs to do. 2 Duality is more than enough.

Traps (12)

1 Torrential Tribute

1 Bottomless Trap Hole

1 Solemn Warning

1 Seven Tools of the Bandit

1 Memory of an Adversary

2 Mirror Force

2 Divine Wrath

3 Reckless Greed

Reckless for the same reason as Upstart. I like Memory over D Prison for this deck, because getting extra level 4s is amazing, especially against Bujins. Seven Tools over Trap Stun because I don't like turning my traps off for the turn.

Extra:

Stardust Dragon

Scrap Dragon

Crimson Blader

Colossal Fighter

Evolzar Laggia

Steelswarm Roach

Diamond Dire Wolf

Number 50: Blackship of Corn

Maestroke the Symphony Djinn

Gagaga Cowboy

Abyss Dweller

2 Starliege Paladynamo

2 Constellar Omega 

I'm not really a fan of Stardust Spark unless it's really late game, because it's easy to get around. I mean Colossal Fighter doesn't have much use, except getting Crimson Blader back. Laggia should reveal my side deck, and everything else is staples. I tried Thunder Spark Dragon, but I didn't have much use for it, since it requires 3 and STILL gets shrekt by Light-Imprisoning Mirror. 

Side:

2 Maxx "C"

3 Twister

1 Soul Drain

2 Shadow-Imprisoning Mirror

2 DNA Surgery

2 Magic Deflector 

3 Mind Crush 

Side looks a little quirky, I know. However, it works. I wasn't a fan of Vanity's Emptiness, since it disappears in a turn. I like Maxx "C" instead, so I can at least get cards. I might actually cut the Magic Deflectors for Swift Scarecrows. 3 Twister, because Light-Imprisoning Mirror can suck my dick. You'd think 3 MST would be enough, but the extra Twister help make sure you don't waste your MST popping field spells and such. 2 Surgery to stop FF, Bujins and others and sit on Laggia. Shadow Imp is obvious. Magic Deflector is to aid the Prophecy matchup, since just Mind Crush doesn't do much to it. 3 MC because searching is all over the place.

This is the deck. Leave helpful and legitimate suggestions, along with why you made them if they aren't extremely obvious. I'm also on a budget, so refrain from $400 cards. 

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 35

Kyary    2424

oh my god this formatting hurts

and holy fuck I immediately got annoyed when you said "#hobanlyfe" please stop

• Upvote 12
  • Downvote 2

Shouldn't you be using 3 duality since you basically need to see seahorse asap and you can't special summon anyway??

Also, please lurk a bit, I think your post was actually kind of funny at parts, although this is a competitive forum, so if you're not even going to cnsider 101 silent honor ark, this might not be the place for you.
  • Upvote 3

Chief    334

Isn't the only real reason to play this deck is because of 101 and excition knight. Abyss dweller against some matches but most of the rank fours arent excactly threatening

• Upvote 3

9000chainz    56
I could get up the money for a 101, but through testing I found that Paladynamo is useful in almost every situation where one would go 101. It's an option.

Exciton is not. $80 is too out of the question for a single card.

Besides 101, any other suggestions? Anything for main/side?
  • Downvote 6

Plsnobully    776

I don't get why you wouldn't spend the money on an Exciton or 101s, they're arguably the two best generic rank 4s out there. 

Hunders are a rank 4/sync 8 deck, and you should be utilizing the best of the best. $80 on one card (which at this point it's $70) is nothing if you can make the money back through winning. Which is what you should do if you are even playing this game.

You really shouldn't go crazy with the fonts/colors because it is annoying to read. 

Though my complaints aside, like Vice Captain said triple Duality is important to grab your Sea Horses turn 1 and you won't be Special Summoning anyway. Memory, Divine Wrath and Messenger are all traditional side deck cards, and the only ones you should really main out of all of those would be Divine Wrath since you're forgoing Effect Veiler; and you lack a lot of effect negation which in this format is incredibly important as it will be in the next format. I would recommend Breakthrough Skills.

The side has standard cards, but at the same time it's got some terrible ones. DNA Surgery isn't helpful as much as you would think against Bujins/Books since, Books can secrets into a Wisdom and go off; and Bujins either main the Decree or they'll just use their MST/Dire Wolf and so on. Divine Wrath is better in both of those match-ups, plus Bujins can sit on Kaiser while all you have are 1300 monsters. 

Magic Defletor isn't relevant. You have little Water hate which is really bad; you should try out Debunks since they cover a broad range of match-ups. (i/e: Dark Worlds, Bujin) 

Also, back to the DNA Surgery - to main a Laggia when all you have to do is call Thunder you're giving up an important card that can be relevant at all times game 1, 2 or 3. Instead of a post-siding card.

9000chainz    56

I don't get why you wouldn't spend the money on an Exciton or 101s, they're arguably the two best generic rank 4s out there. 

Hunders are a rank 4/sync 8 deck, and you should be utilizing the best of the best. $80 on one card (which at this point it's $70) is nothing if you can make the money back through winning. Which is what you should do if you are even playing this game.

You really shouldn't go crazy with the fonts/colors because it is annoying to read. 

Though my complaints aside, like Vice Captain said triple Duality is important to grab your Sea Horses turn 1 and you won't be Special Summoning anyway. Memory, Divine Wrath and Messenger are all traditional side deck cards, and the only ones you should really main out of all of those would be Divine Wrath since you're forgoing Effect Veiler; and you lack a lot of effect negation which in this format is incredibly important as it will be in the next format. I would recommend Breakthrough Skills.

The side has standard cards, but at the same time it's got some terrible ones. DNA Surgery isn't helpful as much as you would think against Bujins/Books since, Books can secrets into a Wisdom and go off; and Bujins either main the Decree or they'll just use their MST/Dire Wolf and so on. Divine Wrath is better in both of those match-ups, plus Bujins can sit on Kaiser while all you have are 1300 monsters. 

Magic Defletor isn't relevant. You have little Water hate which is really bad; you should try out Debunks since they cover a broad range of match-ups. (i/e: Dark Worlds, Bujin) 

Also, back to the DNA Surgery - to main a Laggia when all you have to do is call Thunder you're giving up an important card that can be relevant at all times game 1, 2 or 3. Instead of a post-siding card.

Exciton doesn't singlehandedly win you games with this deck. 101 is useful, Exciton is too, but Exciton is not the winning factor enough times to the point where the deck doesn't win without it. The issue in question is that I don't have any upstart money, and school has been too crazy for me to go to locals and fix that. I posted this because spring break is coming up and I have an opportunity to go and win some money. 

What should I side instead of Surgery? I took out the Deflectors for Debunks.

• Downvote 1

kthun    2
People aren't saying that you can't win without 101 and exciton. They're saying you need the versatility of the two best rank 4s to make better plays, steal game wins, and just be a lot more competitive overall. If you don't want to use these you might wanna look into another budget deck like frogs

+Urthor    10229

you can't win without 101 and excition

It does in fact singlehandedly win you games.  You'd play at least 2 copies of excition in this.  And honestly, the replacement side for DNA is probably mistake :\

yeah this isn't the best budget deck, tbh picking this is kinda weird when prophecy/geargia is absurdly cheap, but it's very very rare there's a "true" budget deck that fits under the magic $100 marker.

• Upvote 1

Urthor I guess im playing the deck wrong but I end hands with established fields and damn near full hands. so I never been able to pull exciton knight off yet. Basically saying. The deck gains to much advantage for exciton to be live from the hands I've had with this.

Anyways that may just be luck. But I've tested this deck a lot this format.

May I ask why no cardcar d's to the OP?

Also can you not put your extra and etc In that color. On mobile I had to highlight it all.
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Best    68

Urthor I guess im playing the deck wrong but I end hands with established fields and damn near full hands. so I never been able to pull exciton knight off yet. Basically saying. The deck gains to much advantage for exciton to be live from the hands I've had with this.

Anyways that may just be luck. But I've tested this deck a lot this format.

May I ask why no cardcar d's to the OP?

Also can you not put your extra and etc In that color. On mobile I had to highlight it all.

You're not always going to draw the nuts and having Exciton to come back is huge.

9000chainz    56
Upstart and Reckless cover the need for CCD. It's nice first turn, but after I get started I'm going to need to summon other stuff. I'd rather do Reckless because I can use it when I need more cards and keep going.
  • Downvote 2

that is true ... i love the tech memory in here man. i currently run 3 in my build. guess i could cut 1 and some other things for the reckless.

amyways here is my ccd vversion for you to look at and or help with. http://i.imgur.com/uELc5uY.png

also a pic of ur build would be nice

• Downvote 1

Spadaro 3    1581

Oh so you're one of those guys who plays a lower tier deck and disregards all advice because you play the deck so you know best :/

• Upvote 3

9000chainz    56
[quote name="Spadaro 3" post="3717524" timestamp="1395732602"]Oh so you're one of those guys who plays a lower tier deck and disregards all advice because you play the deck so you know best :/[/quote] oh, so you're one of those guys who would comment on a post to put the OP down rather than help. When the only advice you've gotten has been answered, you either deflect or ignore if people say the same thing over and over. The only advice I have gotten is 101exciton. Do you have any advice, since you're obviously so much of a pro that you have to make passive aggressive aggressive comments rather than outright say what you have to say?
  • Downvote 3

9000chainz    56
[quote name="JH3NDO812" post="3717522" timestamp="1395731482"]that is true ... i love the tech memory in here man. i currently run 3 in my build. guess i could cut 1 and some other things for the reckless.   amyways here is my ccd vversion for you to look at and or help with. [url=http://i.imgur.com/uELc5uY.png]http://i.imgur.com/uELc5uY.png[/url]   also a pic of ur build would be nice[/quote] If you're gonna add reckless, cut 1 memory, 1 tking and compulsory. Memory is not needed at 3(I don't even really use it anymore) and compulsory doesn't do much anymore. I'd say swap fiendish for divine wrath and add a third batteries, because with sea horse + upstart + CCD + reckless you'll have a shit ton of hunders to discard for cost and then get right back with batteries. Yeah fiendish stops attacks but serves little purpose against most meta decks because they're heavy on trap stun/lance. As for everyone else, here's the current build:http://i.imgur.com/YtFHPFR.png I can't change the stuff on mobile but the 2 surgery are coming out of the side, I might go cursed seal to aid the prophecy match up. Laggia inn extra is coming out, and so is fighter
  • Downvote 1

Spadaro 3    1581

Saying shit like "Running CCD means i have to run TR. TR is awful in this build. No veilers, i've got that covered. Don't even think about tragoedia" makes you seem like a huge fgt is all i'm sayin' yo.

• Upvote 1

I can't see OP becoming a contributing member here with his current attitude towards feedback

requesting suspension of posting rights

• Upvote 2

zanmato_edge    10

Why colossal fighter out. Its to good vs bujins or did they find a way around it now -.-

Bujins have access to 101. Also if Colossal Fighter rams into them, they just use Hare and then use Quilin next turn. That's not to say that Colossal Fighter isn't bad to make against Bujins. It's still a very strong card to use.

9000chainz    56
For my current attitude toward feedback. When everyone has suggested the same thing. So it's okay for 5 people to say the same shit, but when I explain why I don't have them I'm suddenly not open to feedback? Two people have suggested something other than Exciton or 101. Two. I listened to what they had to say. The rest are literally just reasons why I should run cards that I already covered why they're not in. You tell me how that's responding negatively to feedback. If you post a deck and 10 people say "add gorz" even though you stated why you aren't running it would you not get mad? Or is that responding negatively to feedback. How about: suggest things that I have not covered. That way, you won't look like a fucking dick saying the same thing everyone else had.

And I said those things because I tested them all and they all failed. I'm not going back to options that I found too sub par to make the final cut. I didn't like what CCD did for me, because I felt like T Roar was empty space. Veiler wasn't leaving me with enough backrow without taking out the upstart/reckless and making the deck super slow, so Divine Wrath was my choice. I was having more problems with in hand/grave monsters than on field anyway, so it's my personal call. Trag proved to inconsistent and really doesn't stick around thanks to fiendish and 101.

If it makes me a "huge fgt" to not give an essay on why I chose to cut cards that didn't work, so be it. I'd like to think that if I'm outright debunking a suggestion, you'd take it as something that hasn't worked.
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

9000chainz    56
I like how this thread has become "10101010101010101excitonexcitonheydisugetanexcitonexciton" and "hey he didn't listen to 101 he's scrub he can't post lel" rather than help from you uptight assholes, who are throwing around their knowledge like they know better than me but choosing to not say anything.

Bottom fucking line: besides 101 and exciton, what changes do you feel are needed? If you cannot answer without saying 101 or exciton, don't comment. I will get a 101. I absolutely cannot afford exciton. I'm not "building a cheaper deck" because I already own the deck, and I like the pressure that the rank 4 monsters put up.

You are free to suggest as many CCD Batterymen or Trags as your heart desires, though since I've already given an extended response why I'm not playing them, give me a good reason to play them.
  • Downvote 2

X88B8    72

Without fiendish chain, 101 and exciton are going to pack your shit in.

Reckless is just silly in this. Reckless is good in decks that need to quickly acquire combo pieces, and hunder doesn't need that.

Seven tools and Memory of an adversary are silly in here, especially over fiendish, which is arguably the best generic trap right now.

Holy fucking shit how are you not maindecking thunder king it is actually the stone cold nuts in here. 

Omega is nothing special without M7 and is definitely not worth running at two

I don't know why you're running divine wrath over fiendish unless you're really that scared of the bujin matchup, but even then you should still be running at least some fiendish.

Honestly though, I know Hunder seems like a budget deck because the main is so cheep, but the deck is absolutely not competitive without ARK and Exciton (and honestly, you really need to be side-boarding at least 2 copies of mistake). If you want to run a budget deck, you should look at Cyber Dragons or something.  

Also, the font is pretty fucking garish. 

I agree with 99 % of what pox just said. Excpet siding mistake. I prefer mind crush. We keep big hands and always have soemthing in the hand. So its live a lot.

Side some debunks we can't really side lim vs bujins. Yeah also if not running m7 run 1 omega.