Jazz

Goat Format War League

+Jazz    5539

we're going to have a reserve spot if our 4th member continues to not exist.

I was just playing him in some fun games, he wants to play just reach out to him if you haven't already.

Sqirmywurmy    744

^give us your dn name as well

Also, rabbid, I will be on tonight and tomorrow during the day if you want to finish up our match

my bad dn name is jabronii well it would be for goats at least lol 

+Jazz    5539

Won vs. wonderPreaux 3-2 in some excellent games. Could have gone either way.

wonderPreaux    1408

Won vs. wonderPreaux 3-2 in some excellent games. Could have gone either way.

yeah, really good games. i'll likely try your sb plan out. sounds solid, even if it didn't really come up. gotta love those games seeing only the ~37 cards we have in common, though :P

• Upvote 1

Faint    5973

1-0 up vs jazz, i've got to sort some stuff out so we're finishing up later!

• Upvote 1

+Jazz    5539
I've updated the OP so that you can click on the spoiler button beneath your team and see only the wars involving your team. Should make it easier for people to figure out who they can and cannot play and how their team is doing.
  • Upvote 2

ggggg    3613

read the first 2 pages and lold so hard as the autistic faggot comes in and ruins this tournament by using empty jar? a deck noone even fcuking used in 2005. lol kewl story bro. nice vehement defense of your shitty deck.

back in the day people would d/c from you and never duel you again.

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 4

wonderPreaux    1408

didnt empty jar place highly in some nationals back in 2005 though? i mean, the deck was relevant iirc, just not one people necessarily liked to see

Faint    5973

god damn

3-1 to jazz, could easily have been different but damn some of those games were intense. 

r1; I can't remember that well, I pushed a bls through his weak bluffs for game, nothing he could do

r2; he gets huge advantage with early trinity, alongside me not drawing anything other than spells till turn 4 -.-, he's like 7-2 up on advantage so i get a balter out to slow him down, he has jinzo and pushes through my bluffs to win

r3; game of the tournament so far. lasted over an hour and a half, we're both down to like 5 cards, hes at 2000, he stopped cannon soldier with torrent (i had 4 goats out), then next turn I pulled more goats out and premmyd, he stopped it with mst, was bloody insane till he finally pushes through storm and 2 exarion attacks for game

r4: underwhelming compared to the last game, still decent. i've got him on like 2800 or something, but he pushes through TER then jinzo which I can't respond to quickly enough, lose too much advantage from his tsku and he pushes through the win

Allius was watching too, dunno if that 3rd game was recorded? Great games. Good luck for the rest of your wars!

• Upvote 1

+Jazz    5539
I should learn to record, that g3 was one for the books. Total game of chicken. iirc the last play you had 3700, 4 goats and a f/u faith. I call back jinzo, meta into senshi, flip heavy storm, chain ceasefire for 2500 flipping up my exarion to power through a goat and the last 1200. That was by far the closest game I've played in a while.

We are up 2-1 on you guys now and I am challenging PollutedxDelta to a rematch from the last goat tourney, bc I would be severely disappointed if we didn't get to play in this :)

+Jazz    5539

didnt empty jar place highly in some nationals back in 2005 though? i mean, the deck was relevant iirc, just not one people necessarily liked to see

I think the best it ever did was SJC Los Angeles when Jonathan Navarro unveiled it. He missed the t8 cut.

After that people started siding Neko Manes, Cursed Seal, Royal Command, Raigeki Break, etc. and it couldn't break through a long swiss tournament, though it did come close a few times. I don't think it topped in USA, Canada or the UK nats, but maybe some obscurer country.

+Mascis    4567

somebody duel me

ggggg    3613

no noone good used empty jar, itd always be the overweight smelly kid with a dirty tshirt and a sick jansport backback.

ACP    33423
Jesus fuck giel, do you always have to be a giant faggot? Btw guys, Empty Jar got 2nd at 2005 worlds.

I might be on DN in a little bit. Who wants to duel?

+scuzzlebutt    23565
ceiling cat 3-0ed me im hella rusty
mismanaged power cards and lost decisively in the late game g1 and 2, g3 was closer but i still made more than a couple silly mistakes that prob cost me
all good goat games, good examples of a better player being rewarded for getting more leverage out of power cards
a great man once said that even jordan lost a few games to xsabers when he came out of retirement
  • Upvote 3

POLLUTEDxDELTA    1887

Most of the games were me playing from behind, being patient, and knowing when to make a push. There were a few times I took huge risks, but they were able to pay off for me (biggest risk was playing BLS into your face down MoF and backrow, when it could have easily been Torrential and Sinister). 

Me hitting your BLS with Duo in g3 was very big too, let me play the game at an entirely different pace.

+Jazz    5539

Jesus fuck giel, do you always have to be a giant faggot? Btw guys, Empty Jar got 2nd at 2005 worlds.

I might be on DN in a little bit. Who wants to duel?

I'll play you.

+Jazz    5539
Also world's was super whack. It's a really small tournament so it doesn't mean anything really. Machines got t4 and the winner ran sacred phoenix, but you don't see people surviving a swiss tournament in goats with those kind of decks either.

The reason OTK is dangerous here is because of the format of the tournament we're playing. It's not a swiss.