Gredinus

Burning Abyss - Discussion

Anyone else siding Neo-Spacian Grand Mole?

Re-usable compulse that has great utility.

Also can deal with construct which can be a problem for this deck at times. 

wow unparalleled genius tech weve got the next victor on our hands everybody

+rap tap    20151

Well I don't go through every single page so my bad if it's been mentioned before. 

dont make posts like these

• Upvote 4

ibGehring+    1410

Mole makes you lose your battle phase and uses your Normal Summon. It's quite a high ask.

If people are playing the Hoban Shaddoll deck then I don't see why people wouldn't play like 3 Vanity's Fiend (somewhere in side/main). The deck has 4 average as fuck outs which require to be drawn. Dragon is hardly even an out, either, especially if you have not just summoned the Vanity that turn.

Best player wins the BA mirror IMHO and Shaddoll is your hardest matchup. So Vanitys is just retarded. 

• Upvote 2

Faith+1    41

Mole makes you lose your battle phase and uses your Normal Summon. It's quite a high ask.

If people are playing the Hoban Shaddoll deck then I don't see why people wouldn't play like 3 Vanity's Fiend (somewhere in side/main). The deck has 4 average as fuck outs which require to be drawn. Dragon is hardly even an out, either, especially if you have not just summoned the Vanity that turn.

Best player wins the BA mirror IMHO and Shaddoll is your hardest matchup. So Vanitys is just retarded. 

i think you should be siding The Monarchs Stormforth alongside Vanity's to out established Shaddoll boards, mainly to get rid of Construct. Post Side, Hoban's list's only outs to Vanity's are Dragon, Squamata, Ryko, and Compulse. The former 3 have to be set to out Vanity's so Stormforth easily deals with them, granted Dragon and Squamata will trigger. Compulse on the other hand, well fuck, it is what it is.

Lord Ivan    2

i think you should be siding The Monarchs Stormforth alongside Vanity's to out established Shaddoll boards, mainly to get rid of Construct. Post Side, Hoban's list's only outs to Vanity's are Dragon, Squamata, Ryko, and Compulse. The former 3 have to be set to out Vanity's so Stormforth easily deals with them, granted Dragon and Squamata will trigger. Compulse on the other hand, well fuck, it is what it is.

The problem with Vanity's+Stormforth is that there are no searchable ways to get them and they lead to inconsistencies on the deck, Vanity's might be more playable on it's own as it only needs you to have a BA monster but drawing Stormforth with no Tribute monsters is the worst.

Also on Grand Mole discussion, I think Back to Square One is the better version on this deck as it don't take your Battle Phase and also works on face-down monsters which is big vs Shaddolls, another plus is that it sends to the top instead of the hand so they also lose a turn and it's not vulnerable to monster hate like Veiler/Compulsory/etc.

oliver?    690

The problem with Vanity's+Stormforth is that there are no searchable ways to get them and they lead to inconsistencies on the deck, Vanity's might be more playable on it's own as it only needs you to have a BA monster but drawing Stormforth with no Tribute monsters is the worst.

Also on Grand Mole discussion, I think Back to Square One is the better version on this deck as it don't take your Battle Phase and also works on face-down monsters which is big vs Shaddolls, another plus is that it sends to the top instead of the hand so they also lose a turn and it's not vulnerable to monster hate like Veiler/Compulsory/etc.

You're (presumably) already running Raizas, and 6 tributes 2 stormforth isn't a bad ratio

They won't trigger if they're tributed

• Upvote 1

+Urthor    10200

I mean I'd be lying if i said that Vanity isn't an absolute terrorist, but if people are posting about it in DGz deck discussion, then it's pretty much over ya know.  

Like take away the Vanity's fiend Terrorist build, and Shaddoll 100% beats BA hands down.  It out advantages it just too consistently, BA has to open a really nutty defensive hand to counter it.  I seriously doubt that people haven't thought up ideas to counter the terrorist deck, but I seriously doubt that 99% of Yugioh players thing far enough ahead about the game to think about things like the terrorism, so I'd expect free wins at ARG still.

It just doesn't have a long shelf life, and honestly nobody could overcome the urge not to play vanity's fiend on DN it was actually just too good and too obvious a card, multiple people thought of it and have gotten their mileage out of it, but it'll be time to give him up soon enough 

• Downvote 2

ibGehring+    1410

I honestly haven't seen Fiend anywhere. I just see Raiza and Caius which don't actually stop Shaddoll doing anything. 

I don't post stuff because it's on DN/the internet. I post stuff because I have no events so have no reason to hide *sometimes* valuable/overlooked information.

The card is a start at a bridge between winning and losing in Shaddolls. If they want to side for a card that hardly sees play atm that is also fine.

Honestly, I feel the only reason Shaddoll even have a chance against BA is Super Poly. The card is just ridiculous. 

I can't even find 37 cards I want to play in my BA anymore. Everything after the 32nd card is really just filler and makes me cringe.

• Upvote 4

oliver?    690

From NECH:

Virgil, Rockstar of the Burning Abyss
Light LV6
Spellcaster/Synchro/Effect
1 Tuner + 1 or more Non-Tuner Monsters
You can control only 1 Vergil, Rockstar of the Burning Abyss. Once per turn: You can discard 1 Burning Abyss card and target 1 card your opponent controls or a card in their Graveyard, shuffle it into the deck. If this card on the field is destroyed either by battle or by card effect and is sent to the Graveyard: You can draw 1 card. You can only activate the effect of Vergil, Rockstar of the Burning Abyss once per turn.

Bx46A4fCUAAZKcC.jpg

• Upvote 9

herbie ✌    1340
His face looks like Quasimodos.

SageRhapsody    268

That's a lot uglier than I was hoping they'd make Virgil look like.

His effect is very strong though. It's pretty much just much better castel + math.

Being level 6 also tells us we're getting a level 3 tuner. (Not a big surprise)

Spadaro 3    1581

so this deck is probably the best when the next set comes out ((yes i now i am talking about the next set))

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 3

Gredinus    268

I mean I'd be lying if i said that Vanity isn't an absolute terrorist, but if people are posting about it in DGz deck discussion, then it's pretty much over ya know.  

Like take away the Vanity's fiend Terrorist build, and Shaddoll 100% beats BA hands down.  It out advantages it just too consistently, BA has to open a really nutty defensive hand to counter it.  I seriously doubt that people haven't thought up ideas to counter the terrorist deck, but I seriously doubt that 99% of Yugioh players thing far enough ahead about the game to think about things like the terrorism, so I'd expect free wins at ARG still.

It just doesn't have a long shelf life, and honestly nobody could overcome the urge not to play vanity's fiend on DN it was actually just too good and too obvious a card, multiple people thought of it and have gotten their mileage out of it, but it'll be time to give him up soon enough 

Since I have been busy with work, I haven't had enought time too test deck variants. Could you please share how the "terrorist" version looks like (appart from core + 2-3 vanity's feind)?

Also TGU + Birdman = Virgil + Virgil eff + any BA effect

».ben.    7438

I honestly haven't seen Fiend anywhere. I just see Raiza and Caius which don't actually stop Shaddoll doing anything. 

I don't post stuff because it's on DN/the internet. I post stuff because I have no events so have no reason to hide *sometimes* valuable/overlooked information.

The card is a start at a bridge between winning and losing in Shaddolls. If they want to side for a card that hardly sees play atm that is also fine.

Honestly, I feel the only reason Shaddoll even have a chance against BA is Super Poly. The card is just ridiculous. 

I can't even find 37 cards I want to play in my BA anymore. Everything after the 32nd card is really just filler and makes me cringe.

Jar of Greed, obv. 

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

»Noelle    5845

so this deck is probably the best when the next set comes out ((yes i now i am talking about the next set))

I think we should wait to know what everything and the other shit does til making bold assertions like that

atem16    283
Yeah we still have tcg exclusive and imports we need to find out still but so far looks good

Candela    546

on-theme crane crane effect would be insane for the tuner...pls konami no (|:|)

ibGehring+    1410
That card is a stupid design. The tuner literally can be vanilla with BA name and will still be insane. I hope it has a draw back of only making BA monsters.

»victor    6400

Since I have been busy with work, I haven't had enought time too test deck variants. Could you please share how the "terrorist" version looks like (appart from core + 2-3 vanity's feind)?

Also TGU + Birdman = Virgil + Virgil eff + any BA effect

He's referring to this deck (from posting history, this was what we called a suicide bomber deck)

http://blog.coretcg.com/sawcq-top-4-luis-cossios-tribute-stun/

• Upvote 1

Gredinus    268

Ohh tnx.

Now if only the guy who leaked Virgil would make a better pic of this page:

[spoiler]710ngsG.jpg[/spoiler]

As far as I can tell it's probably the BA tuner in the top right corner.

iEatKakunas    211

Ohh tnx.

Now if only the guy who leaked Virgil would make a better pic of this page:

[spoiler]710ngsG.jpg[/spoiler]

As far as I can tell it's probably the BA tuner in the top right corner.

It is. Art matches the same style, generally the same stats, dark, level 3.