1 Coach King Giantrainer

1 XX-Saber Gottoms

1 Naturia Landoise

3 Karakuri Steel Shogun 00X "Bureido"

2 Karakuri Shogun MDL 00 "Burei"

2 Cloudcastle

1 Black Rose Dragon

2 Panzer Dragon

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

This deck is a significant rouge deck to look out for because it has two incredibly explosive first turn (of the game) plays.

Combo 1 : "Alien Invasion"

[spoiler]Required Cards: Any of these sets below (and hoping you don't draw into Barrel)

[spoiler]Ninishi + Level 4 Karakuri + Emergency Teleport

Ninishi + Level 4 Karakuri + Iron Call
Ninishi + Level 4 Karakuri + Redox

Ninishi + Cash Cache + Emergency Teleport
Ninishi + Cash Cache + Iron Call

Ninishi + Cash Cache + Redox

Level 4 Karakuri + Emergency Teleport (Psychic Commander) + Another Level 4 Karakuri
Level 4 Karakuri + Emergency Teleport (Psychic Commander) + Iron Call
Level 4 Karakuri + Emergency Teleport (Psychic Commander) + Another Emergency Teleport (Psychic Commander)

Level 4 Karakuri + Emergency Teleport + Redox

Solar Wind Jammer + Krebons + Level 4 Karakuri

Solar Wind Jammer + Krebons + Cash Cache

Solar Wind Jammer + Krebons + Redox

Solar Wind Jammer + Emergency Teleport + Level 4 Karakuri
Solar Wind Jammer + Emergency Teleport + Cash Cache

Solar Wind Jammer + Emergency Teleport + Redox

Instant Fusion + Krebons + Level 4 Karakuri

Instant Fusion + Krebons + Cash Cache

Instant Fusion + Krebons + Redox

Instant Fusion + Emergency Teleport + Level 4 Karakuri
Instant Fusion + Emergency Teleport + Cash Cache

Instant Fusion + Emergency Teleport + Redox[/spoiler]

Combo Sequence:

[Spoiler](I'm only going to be taking one example, I'm sure you can extrapolate from there and figure the other variants from the listed cards. The materials I'm going to be using are Ninishi, Kuick ("Level 4 Karakuri") and Emergency Teleport).

1) Summon Ninishi
2) Summon Kuick
3) Synchro for Burei
4) Special Nisamu
5) Emergency Teleport out Psychic Commander
6) Synchro Nisamu + Psychic Commander into Burei #2

7) Special Barrel
8) Overlay both Burei's to make Number 42
9) Detach for 42 & Summon three Tokens
10) Synchro Token + Barrel into Bureido
11) Special Barrel
12) Synchro Barrel + Token #2 into Bureido #2

13) Special your last Barrel

14) Synchro Barrel + Token #3 into Bureido #3

15) Special Nishipachi in Defense Mode

16) Target Nishipachi for his own effect and turn him to attack
17) Draw 3 from the triple Bureido[/spoiler]

Your field should end up with a field looking something like this:

[spoiler]
At5C8gu.png

18) Optionally, you may choose to overlay the three Bureido into Coach King Giantrainer and use him up three times. It can allow you to do crazy things if you draw into soul charge as well. I personally like to make a Naturia Landoise from the soul charge.

Note: If you do draw a Barrel while having the Materials to perform this combo, you are not completely lost because you can still use Iron Call, a second Emergency Teleport and if needs be, a Soul Charge to potentially draw and fix any issues.[/spoiler]

[/spoiler]

Combo 2: "Falling Skies"

[spoiler]

Required Cards: Any of the following combinations below

[Spoiler]

Ninishi + Level 4 Karakuri

Ninishi + Cash Cache

Level 4 Karakuri + Emergency Teleport

Solar WInd Jammer + Krebons

Solar Wind Jammer + Barrel

Solar Wind Jammer + Emergency Teleport

Instant Fusion + Krebons

Instant Fusion + Barrel

Instant Fusion + Emergency Teleport

+ Soul Charge[/spoiler]

Combo Sequence

[spoiler]

(As with the last combo, I will be using a single example, and again just extrapolate. I will be using Ninishi and Kuick again.)

1) Summon Ninishi

2) Summon Kuick

3) Synchro for Burei
4) Special Barrel
5) Synchro for Gottoms
6) Tribute Gottoms

7) Soul Charge - Gottoms, Burei, Kuick, Ninishi, Barrel)

8) Tribute Gottoms

9) Synchro Kuick + Ninishi into Burei #2

10) Special Barrel #2

11) Synchro Barrel + Burei into Cloudcastle
12) Cloudcastle revives Gottoms
13) Tribute Gottoms
14) Synchro Burei #2 + Barrel #2 into Cloudcastle #2
15) Clouldcastle #2 revives Gottoms
16) Tribute Gottoms
17) Overlay Cloudcastle #1 & #2 into Phantom Fortress Enterblathnir

18) Detach a Material and banish a card in your Opponent's hand. [/spoiler]

If completed successfully, the game-state should look like this:

[spoiler]
Ae40Whz.png

Note: Sometimes, you can make a Bureido instead of a Burei or make a Bureido and Burei, in this case all is not lost but you will still need additional help from cards such as Iron Call or Emergency Teleport. Situation depending, just don't get too frustrated too fast if it looks like you just missed it.

[/spoiler]

The Alien Invasion combo has actually been around for a relatively long time and considered good but the issue that was stopping people from using it in standard Karakuri Decks is that it required three Barrels and it was the only thing in the Deck that required them. However with the new Falling Skies combo, now being possible due to the TCG release of Cloudcastle in DUEA, there is another very very good Combo that makes extensive use of Barrel causing it to be far less deadweight than it used to be.

And now I'll be explaining some of my card choices here:

Why no Trap Stun? Well because it is too slow, this deck is rogue for a reason and that's mainly because it really needs to get that combo in the first turns, besides the fact that setting a Trap Stun in a deck with almost nil backrow is asking to getting MST'ed etc, it requires at least one turn of waiting, one turn this deck never has. So instead of trap stun, it either aims to go first and hit the ground running or failing that go second backed up by a Lance before any large quantity and or threatening backrow that the opponent has presented you with.

If they do set a major amount of back-row, the general idea is to go for that Black Rose Dragon asap (ideally backed by Lance), many incompetent players have fallen to a board wipe from Black Rose Dragon, who in those cases essentially did what Gottoms does.

I would play 2 Bureido and 3 Burei if only it weren't for the fact that 3 Bureido are absolutely essential to the Alien Invasion Combo. 3 Burei would be very useful in going first because it is a lot easier to chain summon 3 Burei than 3 Bureido outside of the Alien Invasion combo and could help score some early games.

Naturia Landoise is my last card, well because I draw shit loads and Majesty's Fiend is pretty fucking awesome. So why not have an Extra Deck Monsters that I can summon easily that does the same thing? It does a great deal with helping me to protect a field after Alien Invasion since most major removal comes in the forms of Monster (Black Rose Dragon and Excition Knight being the major offenders of the current era).

So I've posted this and why have I posted this? Well I haven't posted this to show off, I've posted this because as a aforementioned it is a rogue deck with a number of weaknesses I'd like some help in addressing. The major weakness being of a deck that relies greatly on the first turn play of the game and gets quite more difficult to sustain as turns pass.

I honestly think it would be worth more to focus on the side for Games 2 and/or 3 if you lose the die roll in Game 1 rather than changing the deck so its sacrifice some of its first turn consistency for the safety of a less disrupted second turn. I'm not entirely sure what to side though, I do think the focus should be a lot more on defense rather than necessarily harming the other deck (It likely wouldn't be able to sustain major floodgates for a long time without the use of other backrow to say the least, unless of course the players decide to side out their MSTs/Stuns because I showed no backrow in the first game)

As an additional thought, Felgrand and Dracosack are some cards I would like to try to integrate into the Deck since they're also relatively piss easy to summon.

There is one more card I've been considering, the new psychic type Re-Cover from DUEA.

300px-ReCover-PRIO-EN-SR-LE.png

It is a level one Earth Tuner that can turn Bureis/Landoise into Bureidos, Bureidos into Gottoms and Cloud Castle, can be searched by Emergency Teleport and probably make extensive use of its revival effect in a Deck like this that eats through at least half of its extra deck consistently on the first or second turn.

Anyway, really enjoying this deck, relatively cheap, explosive and easy to play that could possibly lead to a few local wins (I haven't had a proper deck in a long time)

• Upvote 16

DK3    32

For the opening hand, Krebons's only synergy is with Solar Wind Jammer, right? I see it can make a bureido with a 42 token, but drawing into two shinkuro would make the second krebons relevantalive in that combo. 

I mean, for the first combo, you may need the second commander if youre going to perform it with double e-tele. Why not 2 commander, 1 krebons ratio?

Miss Click    2475

As I mentioned, I do want to try and fit Draco and Felgrand in there somewhere but you'll see the only two cards that aren't 100% necessary in the Extra are Black Rose and Landoise. Black Rose however is still very important in capitalizing on the second turn, if you go second. There could be an argument for Felgrand over Landoise though, although without anything much backing it, I'm not sure how effective it might be.

What I really need help with is the side? There's likely obvious choices such as MST etc but apart from that, no real idea.

Miss Click    2475

Saizan, being Level 4 and a Tuner doesn't sync up with the decks other Materials well. Gottoms is the only card I can make with him. There could be an argument for Psychic Witch (Emergeny Teleport) + Saizan but I need to run some probability to see if that actually makes any impact.

This deck could really do with a Level 4 version of Wind Jammer or Instant Material though.

┬╗.ben.    7438

Really helpful instructions on the combos. Thanks. 

• Upvote 1

Miss Click    2475

No problem, yw etc;

Also if anyone else can see any alternate non-listed combos in this deck, I'd very much appreciate it if they're pointed out (especially if they include Re-Cover because there's no better feeling than Bible Bashing people in Yugioh).

Gear    712
How many times have you used the Fusion more than once?

A deck like this busts once and if they answer it in any way you're fucked. You're extra would really benefit from a Stardust monster and/or Felgrand. I would even consider dropping the 3rd Buriedo. Getting 3 Buriedo with this deck is great but the draw 3 will be pretty useless imo. You already nutted the board.

Miss Click    2475

I have no idea to be perfectly honest. Assuming it was like a 3rd of the time?

And yeah, one thing I haven't considered until now is to remove both Coach King and a Third Bureido for a Felgrand and a Stardust, which can both be played from the Alien Invasion combo and essentially secure me the win.

Or is there a Level 9 Synchro that's useful defensively? Just so I can secure a double-draw with Nishipachi before going into it.

Fire525    5

How many times have you used the Fusion more than once?

A deck like this busts once and if they answer it in any way you're fucked. You're extra would really benefit from a Stardust monster and/or Felgrand. I would even consider dropping the 3rd Buriedo. Getting 3 Buriedo with this deck is great but the draw 3 will be pretty useless imo. You already nutted the board.

I've also been finding that quite often you draw one of the Barrels and therefore you're only able to get two Buriedo out anyway. It seems like you could take one out for Felgrand for that reason as well, especially because as you've mentioned, having the third on the field isn't worth all that much.

In regards to other combos, with the Wind Jammer/Instant Fusion play, you can also get the full combo out if you have two Emergency Teleports (Or a Krebon/Commander in hand).

Miss Click    2475

Yeah.

I've been thinking it over in my head and have been wondering if it is worth trying to squeeze Saizans and Serene Psychic Witches in here as well.

Anyway, going get some tins tomorrow at the tournament and I'll probably throw in Felgrand/Dust/Dracosack or whathaveyou and see what happens.

Edit:

Also, I'd appreciate it if someone could point me in the direction of the ye olde Machina Plant Kuri Deck and its ways! I have some idea of a new variant.

Seyberfox    0

Nice topic here :3

Well, i don't have a list with plants for you, but one that utilizes the Psychics for them instead if you're interested.

3 Ninishi

2 Saizan

2 Strategist

3 Kuick

1 Sazank

3 Machina Fortress

2 Machina Gearframe

2 Cyber Dragon

3 Construction Train Signal Red

2 Psychic Commander

1 Re-Cover

2 Veiler

3 Soulcharge

3 Emergency Teleport

3 Instant Fusion

3 Forbidden Lance

2 Mystical Space Typhoon

2 Swords of Concealing Light

1 Dark Hole

3 Bureido

3 Burei

1 Barkion

1 Black Rose

1 Stardust

1 Scrap Dragon

1 Angineer

1 Big Eye

1 Heliopolis

2 Cycroid

It somekinda plays out like the old variant with the forbidden Lv1 psychic Tuner, you combo your way through and dance around the opponents answers as good as possible. There are lots of combobranches since often you can mobilize your entire hand if you're in need to do so, but you can instead play a kind of controlling game, too. I've always started second to get the extra card and furthering my options with this deck. The train is often amazing, save a set Saizan in battle and then syncro into Rose is a very exiting play and doesnt eat your normal by making this. You can even block more if your switching machines are attacked, if they go in a position in which they would lose the battle just get the train going and keep them safe. :3

A combo i really like to play out is triple Bureido and Angineer, since you're drawing cards like a whore and keep almost safe until your next turn. For that you will need up to four cards, but getting extra draws helps with that issue to build it up. Here an example:

Gearframe+Soulcharge+Teleport+random machine (lets say ninishi)

-> Normal Gearframe -> get Fortress -> special Fortress -> Teleport into Re-Cover -> make Bureido and get saizan -> Make the second Bureido without a search -> Soulcharge back Re-Cover, Fortress and Ninishi -> make the third Bureido and search strategist -> draw 3 with turning strategist -> make angineer and draw an additional 3 cards as you wish in the opponents turn, while sitting behind a indestructable Bureido -> get another free draws for each Bureido that lives in your turn -> combo off with your brand new hand

This deck has lots of interesting plays and if you want to try it out I would be really pleased by that. It has no green stuff in it (i'm missing Glow up Bulb so hard) but it has some nice similiarities with it and gets me lots of wins by overwhelming my opponents with all that free advantage

U '     ^     ' U

Seyberfox    0

It's a niche card which served me well in the old meta, shutting threatening fields completely down and get rid of effects with would bother me, gaining me some time to gather my combos, get Kuick to overrun stuff for +2 and getting more momentum in the MP2. They where a tech which had worked out for me. If you don't like it, no problem.

Jurdinator    23

have u tried mecha phantom beast o'lion?

its allows for a 2 card combo that is the same as the first one u listed

all u need is instant fusion and mecha phantom beast o'lion, but u must not draw the barrels

1. instant fusion for lvl 5 machine -> normal summon mecha phantom beast o'lion

2. sync into burei ->Sp Saizan and the MPB token
3. sync into the 2nd Burei -> Sp Shinkuro
4. xyz into Starship Galaxy Tomahawk with 2 Bureis -> special 3 lv 6 tokens

5. sync 3 Bureidos with tokens and Shinkuro -> special strategist, then draw 3 cards
6. xyz into Coach King Giantrainer with 3 Bureidos -> then draw 3 cards

Miss Click    2475

I'll look into O-Lion (especially considering that MPB Synchro in the OCG).

Also goddamn, I knew Felgrand was good but I really underestimating him. Also on that note, don't underestimate Cloudcastle's second effect (LV8 or lower Monsters can't attack the same turn they're normal or special summoned) backing Felgrand against non-Xyz Decks. Stardust/Felgrand/Cloudcastle is relatively an impenetrable fortress (Is the pun intended? Fucker, I wrote this just for the Pun)

Edit:

Changes

-1 Bureido

-1 Coach King

-1 Landoise

+ Felgrand
+ Dracosack
+ Stardust X or Stardust Y (played with X today; Stardust Dragon but Spark seems significantly better in some situations)

Should side a Black Rose and a third Lance, along with triple MST to focus on field control over hand looping (assuming I win previous game anyway).

• Upvote 1

Inexorably    339

Edit: ***Results shown below are outdated, please see below post for new results.***

I really like the concept of this, and am probably going to play around with it irl.

It reminds me of gishkill on the first turn kill potential, and remembering that it was possible to calc the likelihood of gishkill going off, I decided to do the same thing for this (albeit in a pseudorandom manner, as opposed to brute forcing it as that would take a bit much time due to not being allowed to draw barrel).

Program.

This reads from a text file in the same location as itself, where the text file is called "hands.txt" -- in effect the output of the goldfishing program.  It will write the results down in a text file called "results.txt" in the same location.

Here are the results (results.txt) from running the program with 20,000 sample hands (going first, so 5 card hands):
[spoiler]
Alien Invasion: 3405 out of 20000 hands -- 0.17025 %.
Falling Skies: 1859 out of 20000 hands -- 0.09295 %.
Able to do both 1016 out of 20000 hands -- 0.0508 %.
Able to do either or both 6280 out of 20000 hands -- 0.314 %.

Please note that if you opened both it was added to the 'both' total, and not added to the totals of both Alien and Falling.
[/spoiler]

Going second:
[spoiler]
Alien Invasion: 3874 out of 20000 hands -- 0.1937 %.
Falling Skies: 2693 out of 20000 hands -- 0.13465 %.
Able to do both 1785 out of 20000 hands -- 0.08925 %.
Able to do either or both 8352 out of 20000 hands -- 0.4176 %.

Please note that if you opened both it was added to the 'both' total, and not added to the totals of both Alien and Falling.
[/spoiler]

Another good thing with this is that you can see how siding differently will affect your probability of getting your combo off, going first or second.

I can hard code more combos if you write a list of the ones you think should be included.  You have missed some combinations however, which I plan to code in sat / sun night (this will increase the probability given by the program obviously).

Edit: The goldfish program now works with upstart and duality.  Currently the maximum number of cards you can enter into your decklist is 9 however, so 27 Ookazi will be treated as 2 Ookazi.  If you type 9 Ookazi 3 times it's fine though.  I'm currently fixing this.

• Upvote 2

Miss Click    2475

I made this near the start of the format where Vanity's really hadn't established itself as a Main Deck thing at the time.

Although personal ancedote seems to indicate that Lance has worked significantly better but my opponents may just not have had the Vanity's to use.

Inexorably    339

It also shouldn't say 0.17% it should say 0.17 or 17%

Apparently programming can save me time but not from myself, thanks.

Also I added some combos that would do falling skies but also alien invasion (essentially when you had one of the set ups for alien invasion but soul charge over iron call), so that the resulting % for both should slightly higher.  New output example (5 cards in hand):

[spoiler]
Alien Invasion: 3405 out of 20000 hands -- 17.025 %.
Falling Skies: 1859 out of 20000 hands -- 9.295 %.
Able to do both 1016 out of 20000 hands -- 5.08 %.
Able to do either or both 6280 out of 20000 hands -- 31.4 %.

[/spoiler]

And I'll try and add another category(s) tomorrow, being 'was I able to summon at least x number of times' -- in effect, this could tell you 'I bricked y% of the time' or 'I will likely win z% of the time'.

Edit: I think I've figured out why chrome won't let you download it, they say it's dropboxes servers and 'unsigned programs', but dropbox is in competition with google drive.  Chrome will let you download the same file fine from drive, forcing people thus to use it (lel).  Real dick move on chromes part.  Chrome version here.

Edit 2:

And Miss Click, because this deck does not fear any commonly played flood gates, it's not too difficult to see where lance is better than mst.  All we do is look at the average number of vanities + average number of solemn warnings (1 or 0) / deck, and compare it to other backrow / deck and see which is greater.  Note that lance has applications outside of merely protecting from backrow due to the attack reduction.  For example, it allows Kuick to out winda.

Also note another thing, if you play mst over lance for vanities solely:

Your opponent has x % chance of drawing vanities, multiplied by 0.5 * y due to the fact they'll normally have to go first to use it against you (sucks against established field).  y represents your ability to combo at least one synchro monster.  I will code this in tonight (your chances of not bricking basically).

So: getting skilled on by vanities lock is x * y / 2.  (Note that is never actually 0.5 but because we look at the full match we average the value of going first or second).

Now, lets say you run a number of mst.  You have a z % chance of drawing it.  In order for you to get the desired value out of your mst, you need to have your chance of mst overlap with them locking you with vanities.  So, you'll see that to calculate which is better we have to look at the tree:

Let g be the % chance of them having multiple backrow, L = % to draw lance.

zDvkazb.png

At this point, you simply have to look at the decks you expect to play in your area / your tournament, grab a calculator, and see if 0.5 * x * z + 0.5 * (1 - y) * x * z, or x * z / 2 * (2 - y) is greater than or less than 0.5 * (1 - x) * g * L + 0.5 * (1 - y) * (1 - x) * g * L, or (1 - x) * g * L / 2 * (2 - y).

You can expand this tree further to become more accurate, such as branching to you combo not weak to vanities and then to mult backrow vs single backrow, but this is just an example of the thought process.

=========================================================================

More edits!  I've updated the program to calculate the number of bricks (defined by when you cannot go off).  Also, you spelled Wind Jammer as WInd Jammer (upper case i) making the program not calculate your decklist correctly.  Post update result:

[spoiler]
Alien Invasion: 3979 out of 20736 hands -- 19.1889 %.
Falling Skies: 1223 out of 20736 hands -- 5.89796 %.
Able to do both 1733 out of 20736 hands -- 8.35745 %.
Able to do either or both 6935 out of 20736 hands -- 33.4443 %.
You bricked 5785 times (27.8983 %), of which 5049 had no plays the following turn either (24.349 %), out of 20736 hands.

[/spoiler]

Edited by Inexorably
  • Upvote 7

buckwheatloaf    204

desynchro is better than iron call

de-synchro + level 2 OR level three tuner (that counts emergency teleports) PLUS instant fusion OR solar wind jammer is AT LEAST nearly the full first combo. you may be missing the last lv 2 tuner in which case just draw your two cards, not three and synncro for lv 9 i guess. no more drawing 4 u. but often your draws would give you the means to get your third bureido. it may not be the whole thing but it just adds consistency to doing something that's pretty good. i think that the best karakuri deck might balance achieving the full combo against doing nothing much and maybe settle halfway,  so you do nothing much less but also the full combo less, but you get pretty far into it more often. 

PS. i like your flow chart 

PPS. good job calculating those probabilities.