Original_Pwnage

New Goat Format War League

406 posts in this topic

I believe so, then it's top cut.

yeah 6 rounds then its top 8, since I stopped doing traditional pairings instead of tie breakers if there is a tie to get in top 8, will just have a playoff.

I would like to try Pot, Duo, Serpent, and Exarion banned, and GC bumped to 2.

I'd play this. Perhaps add a 2nd snatch steal as well so there are still powerful spells? That card honestly demands so much respect as you cant just make a play without a follow up. I've been thinking a lot about snatch steal recently and would love to play it in a format where it's at 2 or 3 (with adequate s/t removal)

You have to respect it when playing against it

Save resources in case your opponent plays it on you

A bad player could easily be punished by playing it at the wrong time by getting walled with goats etc or not having a meta/tribute monster

Dust Tornado would essentially become a staple

It's a quality MoF target

This is probably making very large changes to the format but in a format based around stealing monsters with TER, having a spell that does something similar seems like a smart move

Well brain control is legal in goats, and is similar to snatch.  This would be what some people would replace pog/duo with.  I thought about the 2 charity thing more, and if not for 1 thing, i think its good.  The problem is gonna be the thunder dragon, night assailent build abusing the shit out of 2 charity.  You could mitigate this by putting night assailent at 1, but then your killing the deck somewhat.  I think the best place to start for a modified format is no exarion, no pog, no duo, and let's just see how this plays.

I'd play this. Perhaps add a 2nd snatch steal as well so there are still powerful spells? That card honestly demands so much respect as you cant just make a play without a follow up. I've been thinking a lot about snatch steal recently and would love to play it in a format where it's at 2 or 3 (with adequate s/t removal)

A bad player could easily be punished by playing it at the wrong time by getting walled with goats etc or not having a meta/tribute monster

This is probably making very large changes to the format but in a format based around stealing monsters with TER, having a spell that does something similar seems like a smart move

yea like pwnage said, charity is actually better than pot in a lot of regards. 2 charity makes BLS a much more powerful cards much earlier, it digs 3 cards in deck over pots 2, allowing easier set-up into locks or win conditions ie heavy/bls/ring. this not really about taking things off the banlist, because we actually have a wide array of powerful cards not being used because they are subpar, but just making a format where a few more cards are banned to promote the usage of more interactive and skilled cards. I believe at any rate, i don't want to think im good enough to predict how exactly the format will be if i banned some cards, it might take a drastic turn for the worse (why everyone running gate now, nooooo)

If you put Graceful Charity at 2 you are just making people run 2 Night Assailants. 

what i said in post above this, just do no exarion no pog no duo.  Exarion never truly existed w/o cyber and thats almost the same as not existing.  And no good argument can be made for the format being better with pog/duo than w/o them.

is it too late to sign up for this??

Ban Control. Combo only from now on. 

Exodia or bust.

is it too late to sign up for this??

Very late.

Late yeah, will be another tourney after this.

We will ban everything except 60 card exodia in next tourney.

Naimeo and sengokusnake have been dropped.  Animal, you are now in the 2-0 bracket.  Round 2 is finally 100% done.

What are you guys thoughts on possibly instead of banning pog/duo, making noc at 3?  Which is better?

no

~

3 noc force player to look down on slow gameplay. already taboo to set early since high chance opp open noc. with 3 absolutely never set unless you know set is safe. just make player look towards aggro decks or make gardna staple. at that point you really are changing goat format. banning non-interactive cards like pot/duo doesn't change the format(minus sackhell), as their usage has no relevance on gameplay. literally only function of those cards is to draw them before the opponent. 

Someone suggested the 3 noc thing to me earlier, just waned see what everyone else thought.  I still think pog/duo is way to go also.  Another alternative to 3 noc would be 3 raigeki xD.

Lost 2-1 to Original_Pwnage. GGs man, I guess I'll drop then.

GL to the rest of the participants

So 6 games left in round 3

People at 2-0:  
1. nickyR
2. dsdres58
3. reshinov
4. iddeha
5. animal479

People at 1-1:
1. Zshenlong1 
2. exiled
3. Kenzo28
4. LFN
5. TheLux
6. jazzDgz
7. MrMcThrasher

One of the 2-0's will have to play one of the 1-1's.  If you look on the page and this hasn't happened yet, feel free to do so.  NickyR said he would be on at 3 pacific time and Iddeha is on now if any 1-1's or 2-0's want to get there game in.

So the brackets have been dropped completely?

Yes, there was just somone on DN you could have played too.

you saw already anyway but 2-0 over randomknight ( just keeping track for myself actually probably gonna wanna write a report when this is over) 

reshinov is on DN, someone 2-0 or 1-1 needs to play him.  He said he would be on the rest of the night.

Edit: Reshinov and Iddeha are playing, this will make it so one of them is 2-1 and one 3-0 if anyone from those brackets is on.