Original_Pwnage

New Goat Format War League

Lux    1558
I wish to participate in your tournament :)

My DN username is TheLux

+Jazz    5538

Wait, I thought for sure that if you use Thousand-Eyes on a Goat Token it was destroyed. I can't recall a time that ever not being the case. 

It was played like that in some tourneys, it is just incorrect.  I will unban gate/reasoning.

Yeah I remember TER killing goat tokens at tournaments as well, but I think it was ruled incorrectly or not brought up to the right people (there is definitive evidence, ie an FAQ archive, that UDE policy was that Relinquished could equip sheep tokens, so logic follows that this also applies to TER). It rarely matters though--because if you're looping TER to suck up goat tokens you are only a couple turns away from direct Tsuku attacks anyway.

Lux    1558
If you target a Goat token with TER, it is destroyed upon resolution of TER's effect, since Tokens are not cards, and therefore can't be equipped to TER. TER has a "once per turn" clause on it, so you could only kill 1 goat token per turn anyways (excluding Tsukuyomi/Book of Moon combos, where you then can kill 2 goats per turn instead).

+Jazz    5538

^explain this then: http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Card_Rulings:Token_Thanksgiving

FAQ archive source for the above wikia page, do a control+F for "token thanksgiving," and also note the lack of this topic under the Thousand-Eyes Restrict section: http://web.archive.org/web/20090226221425/http://entertainment.upperdeck.com/yugioh/en/gameplay/faqs/cardfaqs/default.aspx?first=S&last=T

!CCK    4

If you target a Goat token with TER, it is destroyed upon resolution of TER's effect, since Tokens are not cards, and therefore can't be equipped to TER. TER has a "once per turn" clause on it, so you could only kill 1 goat token per turn anyways (excluding Tsukuyomi/Book of Moon combos, where you then can kill 2 goats per turn instead).

2005 UDE's Official FAQ

TOKEN THANKSGIVING: "Token Thanksgiving" will destroy a Monster Token equipped to "Relinquished".

EDIT: anticipated by jazz.

Since this is about to start on Friday I want to tell everyone that you need to make an effort to work out a time to play with your opponent.  You may not see each other when your on here or DN or w/e, so posting what times you are available to play etc would be a good idea.  I just don't want the first week to go by and there is 14 draws for the matches because people didn't talk to each other.

Someone should compile a frequent rulings questions thread for goat format so people could check it out

• Upvote 1

Someone should compile a frequent rulings questions thread for goat format so people could check it out

I linked jazz's format page in original post.  It has that.

I also found this feature match from Metagame where Cas tried to eat a token, and the judges ruled it became equipped.

http://kperovic.com/metagame/yugioh89e2.html?tabid=33&ArticleId=2906

"Cas flipped Scapegoat, and Chen’s monsters ate nothing but Sheep tokens. Thousand-Eyes Restrict ate a Sheep token, and after deliberation by the judges, the goat was determined to become a Token Equip Card, equipped to Thousand-Eyes Restrict."

Still, very strange, I can recall zero events where this was ruled this way. 

Cyber jar wasn't even really played in this format.  Definitly not ban worthy.  Cyber is a crap shoot plus your bringing out monsters that arn't necessarily going to time right like breaker or tribe.