byak

Unizombie

byak    4478
90685474.jpg

Unizombie
DARK Level 3 Zombie / Tuner 
ATK 1300 / DEF 0

You can only use each of effect of "Unizombie" once per turn.
①: Target 1 monster on the field; discard 1 card, and if you do, that monster gains 1 Level.
②: Target 1 monster on the field; send 1 Zombie-Type monster from your Deck to the Graveyard, and if you do, that monster gains 1 Level. If you do, you can only attack with Zombie-Type monsters for the rest of this turn.

I suppose it's about time they gave more cards to zombies, and this card by itself does a lot. The applications of this card are pretty nice, since it effectively does Mathematician's job of sending Mezuki to the graveyard while also having additional uses and synergies. Effectively being a level 4 tuner is amazing, especially for Zombies since they've only had two tuners for the longest time (one being complete shit and the other only being level 2). You also have the option of discarding cards from your hand which could probably come in some situations.

The attack restriction prevents you from pulling off OTKs (for the most part) but overall this card seems like a huge boost to Zombies. I almost feel like it can bring niche cards like Beast of the Pharaoh into the spotlight as well, and I'm really excited to see how well Zombies perform with this guy.

I also want to say this card will boost Vampires, but it probably doesn't work as well. At the very least, it's better than Armageddon Knight since it can send both Mezuki and Sorcerer.

The real question at hand here is whether they got their legs back or not

EDIT: The true purpose of Unizombie is clear:

[spoiler]300px-BurningSkullHeadWB01-EN-UR-UE.jpg300px-SkullFlameWB01-EN-UR-UE.jpg300px-SupersonicSkullFlameWB01-EN-UR-UE.

http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Burning_Skull_Head
http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Skull_Flame
http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Supersonic_Skull_Flame[/spoiler]
  • Upvote 7

+scuzzlebutt    23495
they finally printed gozuki! sort of

Dango    824

I like this a fucking lot, too  bad zombies will still need way more to ever be competitive again.

Myo-o    23

If you want to engage in shenanigans with Zombie World, you can still OTK people. I'm not sure what Zombie World really gets you apart from that, though.

Dango    824

If you want to engage in shenanigans with Zombie World, you can still OTK people. I'm not sure what Zombie World really gets you apart from that, though.

Depends on the format, also having tested zombie world extensively before being able to mezuki back any synchro previously made is pretty fucking good.

Dawgy    2039

This card makes me want to run Dragon Mirror Zombies with this guy

[spoiler]DragonecroNethersoulDragon-PGLD-EN-GScR-[/spoiler]

Holy shit this card is amazing for zombie builds. Plaguespreader would (arguably) still be no.1 but this card would open up so many plays; it can also (to a degree) replace Lavalval Chain. Needless to say, I'm excited for this card. The only thing it can't do is send a D-Hero Malicious to the grave, but I'm unsure if that drawback is that much of an influence when building.

foofatron    39

Do you really even need plague anymore?

Uni with goblin in grave: uni a mezuki and ss goblin, synchro for an 8 or 7 and add another uni to hand. Synchro +1

Repeat it.

Repeat it, but make lavalval chain and stack necroface.

You could time it so your 3rd mezuki ss's uni so you can foolish a mezuki to start the loop again and synchro with necroface. I think you would need noden/book of life to do this though.

• Upvote 2

Holy shit this card is amazing for zombie builds. Plaguespreader would (arguably) still be no.1 but this card would open up so many plays; it can also (to a degree) replace Lavalval Chain. Needless to say, I'm excited for this card. The only thing it can't do is send a D-Hero Malicious to the grave, but I'm unsure if that drawback is that much of an influence when building.

On the plus side you can discard a malicious in hand to make Leo

razoredgey.    355

2 card Leos are nice, as well as the whole make a level 8 Synchro and grab another Unizombie.

2-3 Raiza/Caius

3 Malicious

2-3 Master

3 Goblin

3 Mezuki

2 Necroface

2 Unizombie

1 Plague

My monster line up is probably ass though. :( But I am thinking something along the lines of this perhaps? 

Do you really even need plague anymore?

Uni with goblin in grave: uni a mezuki and ss goblin, synchro for an 8 or 7 and add another uni to hand. Synchro +1

Repeat it.

Repeat it, but make lavalval chain and stack necroface.

You could time it so your 3rd mezuki ss's uni so you can foolish a mezuki to start the loop again and synchro with necroface. I think you would need noden/book of life to do this though.

Unizombie might be good but it doesn't give you access to Goyo, Revived King etc. Uni simply lets you make lv7+  synchroes, which is fine, but you may still want to run a PSZ for the lower level synchroes.

Dango    824

2 card Leos are nice, as well as the whole make a level 8 Synchro and grab another Unizombie.

2-3 Raiza/Caius

3 Malicious

2-3 Master

3 Goblin

3 Mezuki

2 Necroface

2 Unizombie

1 Plague

My monster line up is probably ass though. :( But I am thinking something along the lines of this perhaps? 

Necroface is not great unless you are playing some way to search him (creeping darkness) and even then both cards are only good mid-late game, I have tested him plenty you almost never need another 2 Mali removes, and is more "Win moar". 3 Master is needed. Monarchs in Zombies are just not worth it.

foofatron    39

Unizombie has been interesting in testing...

I tried to merge uni with the plague and mali, but it felt too cluttered. Not to mention it's own effect is a deterrent to otk's. It kinda feels like a geargiauger for zombies.

At any rate uni allows zombies to run less monsters if they wanted too. I went that way in testing.

Monsters (15)

1x Zombie master

3x Mezuki

2x Necroface

3x goblin Zombie

3x Mathematician 

3x Unizombie

Also 3x Instant fusion for noden. Actually kinda cloggy, but eh.

22 s/t

I noticed I never actually used zombie master once the loop was going. Necroface is live quite easily, and relatively searchable by lavaval chain. It actually came up a lot. Also mathematician, unlike armageddon knight, isn't dead once the loop is going, because you can send a mezuki and ss uni to send another mezuki and synchro.

Dango    824

Unizombie has been interesting in testing...

I tried to merge uni with the plague and mali, but it felt too cluttered. Not to mention it's own effect is a deterrent to otk's. It kinda feels like a geargiauger for zombies.

At any rate uni allows zombies to run less monsters if they wanted too. I went that way in testing.

Monsters (15)

1x Zombie master

3x Mezuki

2x Necroface

3x goblin Zombie

3x Mathematician 

3x Unizombie

Also 3x Instant fusion for noden. Actually kinda cloggy, but eh.

22 s/t

I noticed I never actually used zombie master once the loop was going. Necroface is live quite easily, and relatively searchable by lavaval chain. It actually came up a lot. Also mathematician, unlike armageddon knight, isn't dead once the loop is going, because you can send a mezuki and ss uni to send another mezuki and synchro.

What are you trying to necroface back with that lineup? Mezukis back to deck? Lol... Seems like a waste of a normal, and a massive brick early game.

• Upvote 1

foofatron    39

Yes mezuki.

Fits perfectly with math and uni. Basically search all the uni's and goblins, while using a necroface in between. As I said you can time it so you ss and foolish with uni, not to mention soul charge, noden, bol....

Goblin -> uni already starts the loop so it doesn't take long to use 2-3 mezukis. I've had more bricking drawing plagues and mali's than I have 2 necroface :/.

I like how it's a retrained version of this old guy from when mcdonalds had yugioh cards

ThreeLeggedZombies-LCYW-EN-SR-1E.jpg

• Upvote 6

Dawgy    2039

If you're going to run Necroface, you better be running Dragon's Mirror. Then again, Necroface seems kind of ass in theory, as it doesn't really offer much by itself and seems very slow to go off.

I also don't see how you're going to banish Necroface outside of this method.

foofatron    39

If you're going to run Necroface, you better be running Dragon's Mirror. Then again, Necroface seems kind of ass in theory, as it doesn't really offer much by itself and seems very slow to go off.

Necro allows you to continue to make plays. With the +1 idea you synchro with and search all your goblin zombies and unizombies; you revive the counter part to the one you ns to synchro and search. Without diagusto you have the potential to use 6 mezukis to feed the engine. If you go with a low monster count you run out of plays without a way to recycle mezuki, and necroface being semi searchable fits that role. Unizombie forces you to attack with whatever board you have from last turn + some weak zombies and then make your play. The only way to circumvent this is to play zombie world I think. The version definitely has less brick hands and more protection that prior zombie builds, but comes at a cost. Unless you open vanity or good traps, your going to have to make a few synchros, and 3 mezukis does not seem adequate when you forgo damage to make your plays. You won't always be able to protect your synchros nor can you afford to not synchro summon, which does create a bit of a dichotomy. However you do get to run more protection and disruption.

Why would you want to recycle necro? You only seek to resolve it once. You could play with one, but I haven't minded opening it.

• Upvote 1

Dawgy    2039

Necro allows you to continue to make plays. With the +1 idea you synchro with and search all your goblin zombies and unizombies; you revive the counter part to the one you ns to synchro and search. Without diagusto you have the potential to use 6 mezukis to feed the engine. If you go with a low monster count you run out of plays without a way to recycle mezuki, and necroface being semi searchable fits that role. Unizombie forces you to attack with whatever board you have from last turn + some weak zombies and then make your play. The only way to circumvent this is to play zombie world I think. The version definitely has less brick hands and more protection that prior zombie builds, but comes at a cost. Unless you open vanity or good traps, your going to have to make a few synchros, and 3 mezukis does not seem adequate when you forgo damage to make your plays. You won't always be able to protect your synchros nor can you afford to not synchro summon, which does create a bit of a dichotomy. However you do get to run more protection and disruption.

Why would you want to recycle necro? You only seek to resolve it once. You could play with one, but I haven't minded opening it.

If Necroface returned all banished cards' to their owners' decks when Special Summoned, I would play it, no questions asked.

If Necroface had 1200 DEF or less, I would play it, no questions asked.

If Necroface was at 3, I would possibly play it.

I completely agree with your thoughts on Mezuki, I really do. However...

Necroface is none of the above three points, which is what ultimately makes it extremely awkward to use in tangent with the Zombie engine; you'll never have access to him when you need him.

foofatron    39

One thing I overlooked was it becomes searchable and usable that turn with lavalval chain and upstart/allure. 

It becomes a bit of a combo; have instant fusion, book of life/grave set-up and upstart/allure, but allure and upstart are still useful considering the deck's ability to search all its monsters.

Dawgy    2039

One thing I overlooked was it becomes searchable and usable that turn with lavalval chain and upstart/allure. 

It becomes a bit of a combo; have instant fusion, book of life/grave set-up and upstart/allure, but allure and upstart are still useful considering the deck's ability to search all its monsters.

Lavalval Chain => Stack Necroface => Draw with Upstart/Allure... three things:

One, the odds of you even having this combo available to you are pretty low.

Two, even if you did, you probably will not have your Normal Summon after making Lavalval Chain.

Three, that's a huge commitment of resources for quite an underwhelming play. I generally expect some sort of blow-out card to follow Lavalval Chain to make up for the fact it's essentially a 2-card, 1800 ATK Vanilla monster.

foofatron    39

You making chain isn't an issue and can generally be done with a searched zombie master, uni, or extra mezukis/bol/instant fusion. Generally 1 card from your hand is used.

Mezukis/bol/instant fusion won't eat your normal. Upstarts and allure help see necro, instant fusion, and more traps/protection (Vanity + Spark) due to constant searching/dumping and a low monster count. I'm not saying you're running the cards to save them for this combo, but rather they have additional application.

The play will give you extra resources in the long run and may cost a bol/instant + upstart. Underwhelming? Yes. You effectively lost a card by making a vanilla, but with the way the deck generates advantage and has to deal damage it seems like a moot point.

It's not like chain should be your only card tho; you should have at least a synchro and some backrow.