Sign in to follow this  
danna45

Shirobako thread

danna45    33

Ongoing anime, around 20 episodes in, and still remains my AOTS. If you've ever seen Bakuman or Genshiken or an anime about making something, this is that but for anime. It's an anime about making anime. It's really cute, yet suffering, and surprisingly depressing at times. It's P.A Works' best show so far if I dare say. And P.A Works made Nagi no Asukara, which was also their best show until this came up. its also quite a funny story

Aoi will never forget how she felt the day her high school animation club's labor of love was shown at the cultural festival. The sense of awe and the feeling of accomplishment that came with completing their very first project are exactly what encouraged Aoi and her club mates to enter the animation industry in the first place. But two years later Aoi has graduated, and now that she works as a production assistant for a big-name animation studio, the daunting reality of her job has somewhat diminished her enthusiasm. Despite the long hours and the punishing schedule, Aoi still hopes to fulfill the promise she and her club friends Ema, Shizuka, Misa, and Midori made: to one day reunite and make a real animated feature of their own as professionals!
- source: MAL

discuss

Wes    299

Isn't it a bit too early to call it their best work? I'm still on episode 16 so idk but as good as the anime is I understand that it's not for everyone and I wouldn't welcome it to anybody new to the medium. I also am curious as to how they'll end the story... but then again I'm still not caught up yet

danna45    33

I haven't seen everything by them, but I can say I like this over Angel Beats, Hanasaku, Tari Tari, and to an extent, Nagi no Asukara.

The ending, they'll probably have Zuka finally be relevant again. Maybe one of the VAs got sick and Zuka's picked as a replacement. There's not much of a plot in the first place so, the ending won't be anything special either, plot-wise.

HououinKyouma    829

Man I've fallen way behind on this, I guess I should catch up soon. I actually never finished Nagi no Asakura, I got about 3 episodes in and I just kind of forgot about it. What makes it so good in your opinion. I've heard decent things about it so I've always meant to finish it, but just have no motivation to do so really.

danna45    33

See, with nagi, the first few episodes, you either drop it or follow just to see the main character Hikari get NTR'd hard. He's pretty annoying and unlikable. For the time being you follow it like a shitty soap opera, just because it seems to be dramatic.

But then you see more of his character. He develops, he grows, and you see that he's a pretty good guy. We start supporting this Hikari, the protector of our smiles. And then this one loli who was insignificant became more significant as a love interest, and you start supporting her too, or maybe you don't. But either way, things develop. It's still drama but you start becoming invested in the characters.

And then they reach halfways through and shit happens. It's pretty wild, although I don't know how fun Nagi would be if you watched it all at once. Following it weekly made the wait pay off well. But either way, give it a try. Hikari didn't win the MC of the year award in my heart for nuthin'.

+Malcolm    4780

Ongoing anime, around 20 episodes in, and still remains my AOTS. If you've ever seen Bakuman or Genshiken or an anime about making something, this is that but for anime. It's an anime about making anime. It's really cute, yet suffering, and surprisingly depressing at times. It's P.A Works' best show so far if I dare say. And P.A Works made Nagi no Asukara, which was also their best show until this came up. its also quite a funny story

Aoi will never forget how she felt the day her high school animation club's labor of love was shown at the cultural festival. The sense of awe and the feeling of accomplishment that came with completing their very first project are exactly what encouraged Aoi and her club mates to enter the animation industry in the first place. But two years later Aoi has graduated, and now that she works as a production assistant for a big-name animation studio, the daunting reality of her job has somewhat diminished her enthusiasm. Despite the long hours and the punishing schedule, Aoi still hopes to fulfill the promise she and her club friends Ema, Shizuka, Misa, and Midori made: to one day reunite and make a real animated feature of their own as professionals!
- source: MAL

discuss

uh