Kahu

Onepunchman is getting animated.

Kahu    2419
Holy fucking shit. Do they even have a company that can handle it?
  • Upvote 4

+Urthor    10234

Holy fucking shit. Do they even have a company that can handle it?

Pretty sure any studio can do anything given the budget honestly, what a studio does and what a studio could do if the shackles were off and they let the dog off the chain are too different things.  

There's certainly plenty of options and plenty of them could do a good job the source material isn't that in depth.  Asking for the anime to match the peerless manga that's getting the benefit of a 2nd run in a unique format without the restrictions of most other mangas in the industry and quality prized above all other assets?  Perhaps not.

The question is, even though One Punch is a fairly succesful manga, is any work that sells less volumes than Black Butler going to get the extra special super duper treatment?

»Tygo    14141

Sweet baby jesus happy day.

Kahu    2419

I don't recall them actually announcing who's doing the animu.

I mean, it being tied to Bandai Visual can mean anywhere from Sunrise to Toei to a completely unrelated party.

Also, the problem here isn't just budget, but rather if they have enough budget to ensure animation quality and a staff that's skilled and enthusiastic enough to actually pull it off. I mean, there are companies that can guzzle budget and just absolutely suck, while some other companies are small in size and take in less money as a whole but have some insane animators.

Granted, there's like a 90% probability that whatever the anime is like, it'll be worse than just putting soundclips over Murata's artwork. I mean for fuck's sake the man has the ability to emulate the different styles of 40 years worth of Jump artists in one goddamned picture straight down to the coloring preferences, whilst still managing to make everything look like it fits together.

Final_Vent    2864

yusssssssssssssssss

...inb4 the anime is just like the new adaption: 5 pages in goes "Expect the next release in 2 months!"

danna45    33

I'm struggling to think and hear whose voice would fit Saitama well. I really like Sugita but I dunno how well he'd fit.

It's Sunrise that's handling the anime

Thoughts?

At least they'll animate Genos well.

+Gojira    1708

it has to be a guy who's soft spoken, an actual male, and dont give a fuck

but when Saitama DOES give a fuck, he's gotta sound really badass

maybe Yuuichi Nakamura? might be too low pitch though. Multiple of the characters I've heard him voice for match pretty well personality-wise.

maybe Yuuichi Nakamura? might be too low pitch though. Multiple of the characters I've heard him voice for match pretty well personality-wise.

him giving a fuck is rare, especially if someone can survive his punches 

+Gojira    1708

him giving a fuck is rare, especially if someone can survive his punches

I'm thinking more the moments when he's telling off other stupid heroes. That actually seems like when he gets the most pissed off, because he has an idea of what a hero should be.

theamatuer    89

Structure wise, I see OPM doing something along the lines of Assassination classroom.  Basically having 2-3 "gag episodes" in a 30 minute period, which allows them to grab a full episode for some of the actual arcs they have.  

Also I honestly dont care who does it as long as they can create the epic-level art feelings that murata makes and have them end hilariously anti-climatically.

you cant tell how hyped I am for this

Kahu    2419

Studio: Madhouse

Director: Shingo Natsume

Head Writer: Tomohiro Suzuki

HOLY SHIT.

• Upvote 1

danna45    33

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Bdb1V0Io_g

Bigger, clearer version.

Saitama sounds decent enough.

• Upvote 2