SSJ Grumpig

Dark Souls 3

SSJ Grumpig    5620

anyone else stoked? gonna be playing on ps4 (FUCK YOU FPS CAP)

NB96    838
I've never played a Souls game before but my gallery of games right now is pretty boring... relying on Rocket League to pass the time. I'm gonna pick this up and learn as I go along. My brother has beat all of them so I guess I can get tips from him.

This game comes out mid April in the west right? Think Japan has it already though.

Dank Memeston    1716
Japan gets it on console today but on everything else and everywhere else it comes out on april 12th.

Very hype and am not sure if i want to see spoilers today or not.

+Paraliel+    8030

I've never played a Souls game before but my gallery of games right now is pretty boring... relying on Rocket League to pass the time. I'm gonna pick this up and learn as I go along. My brother has beat all of them so I guess I can get tips from him.

This game comes out mid April in the west right? Think Japan has it already though.

Just get used to seeing the death screen

• Upvote 1

SSJ Grumpig    5620

it's not so much getting tips from other people as it is learning the limits of your own patience and player skill

The_Be(a)sT    967

another dark souls woooo

Sadly, I probably won't get to play until june/july as I can't find much time to play right now, but man when I will....

Warthog    165
End of an era, heard this was going to be the last one.

Can't wait to play this game and will do my best stay away from spoilers.

Aaron    2022

tbh dark souls spoilers are nothing that crazy. plot/lore wise anyway.

I haven't played DS 2 yet. I know its not meant to be as good as DS1 but i assume its still better than 99% of video games? 

I'll probably pick this up once I get a new rig or graphics card (currently rocking at GTX670 + 4670k oc). I have no time to really invest in a game as deep as DS. 

Dank Memeston    1716
Short answer: I think it is. (Really only play 5 games so hard to tell tbh)

The bug difference is that ds2 was made to be hard unlike 1 and demon where they give you the answers but didnt tell you where/how. The best and hardedt parts are the dlc as they have some of the atmospheric feel from ds1 while also having some of the hardest bosses in the game. I guess ds2 feels like a game to me while ds1 makes me feel hollow inside... dunno why. (Dunno how long i spent on my first playthrough but probly because of that)

NB96    838
I heard that Xbox One gets a pre-order bonus code for Dark Souls 1 backwards compatibility when they buy this game. Is this true or am I mistaken?

I'm quite excited for this game coming out tomorrow.

Dank Memeston    1716
Game unlocks at 5 est on steam. Only a few more hours..

The_Be(a)sT    967
The idea that this game is released in few hours and I won't be able to play it for another 2 months makes me so sad...

jhadd1996    247

I've never played a dark souls game, but it does look pretty interesting so i'm gonna pick it up

I've heard from heeeaps of people that these games are extremely difficult.... why lol

NB96    838

I've never played a dark souls game, but it does look pretty interesting so i'm gonna pick it up

I've heard from heeeaps of people that these games are extremely difficult.... why lol

I think it's just meant to be part of the appeal. The game must feel more rewarding to progress through if the player faces a greater challenge than they are used to.

SSJ Grumpig    5620

it's not as crazy hard as people make it out to be

in a bit im gonna go to a midnight launch for the game :D

+Urthor    10210

DS2 vanilla was pretty crazy hard and pointless, whole different kettle of fish

Going to wait on the verdict before dipping in.  Dropped outta DS2 my body was not ready, considering this heavily atm but idk if I'll be able to hold on.  

Dank Memeston    1716

Just got done with my first 9 hours. Had some framerate trouble in the beginning but when I changed from 1920/1080 to 1280/720 fullscreen and made everything lowest setting it stayed at a nice constant 20-25 fps. (or I guess more often then not 30+) Game looks good but am kind of dissappointed at how easy the rest of the game has been (up to Farrons Keep/Cathedral atm) after Lothric. :/ Love the new combat, intricassy of the levels, and the large assortment of enemies so far. I'm not sure how I feel about the bosses I have faced. Granted, they are the earliest ones but I still thought they may have been a bit easier then I hoped. 100% sure that is just me better at the game though.

NB96    838
Should I pick my character to be Deprived at the start? His stats are all 10 which seems balanced and even though I start at level 1 I assume I can level up very quickly in the beginning like in Pokemon. Then again I don't know shit about this game.

Also what about this burial gift? Divine Blessign sounds good, restoring HP is probably good but I don't know what a burial gift is in the first place.

I'm going to get my ass beat on this game...

NB96    838
What the fuck is this blue rolling thing that keeps killing me

+Urthor    10210

we suck so we need to band together and figure out what the fuck to do.  Lets do this duelists

• Upvote 2

Dank Memeston    1716
I picked the fire gem as my burial gift. Infusion just alters your weapon (no scaling, better scaling, elemental damage etc.) And fire does not use any scaling. It is very useful vs. The dark enemies. You could choose deprived but he has the worst starting items and his stats are not optimkzed for how you might want to play. I reccomend knight if you have not played a ds game before, otherwise your choice.

Edit nb96 if you are talking about the crystal lizard it is sort of a mini boss. Just dodge and hit, etx.

LionHeart77    64
Don't go deprived. I would pick a class you are interested in and go for it. You don't have to get too attached to your characters in souls games because generally your first try on a level will take you the longest. After that it slowly becomes muscle memory.

DS1 for example took me hours to get through the first few undead levels. Now I can blitz to anor londo(roughly the halfway point) in prbly 2 hours.

SSJ Grumpig    5620

if you are having trouble pick knight as your starting class, it starts with the best armor you can get until like 10 hours into the game

im having fun with the new dual-wield weapons, i love the variety in attacks