439 posts in this topic

Are there any ways to play more than 21 Metalfoes in this deck? (the 15 + 3 Painful + 3 Summoner's Art).

37 minutes ago, Mr Dragon said:

Are there any ways to play more than 21 Metalfoes in this deck? (the 15 + 3 Painful + 3 Summoner's Art).

Unexpected Dai

Emergency Tele

But those tutor to the field

1 hour ago, Mr Dragon said:

Yes, technically, Vortex Trooper lets you mulligan 2 cards, to increase your odds, shuffle drawn Metalfoe S/T, and if you pop it, you draw, etc.  LV 3 WIND for Totem Bird, etc.

There are also some more questionable ways:

Where Arf Thou? for Bismugear (One for One, Alk is LV 1, so is TER, Gofu Tokens, etc.) - take a page from Infernoid or DDD

Odd-Eyes Pendulum Dragon (slow but yes)

arma/heiress/rota are more metalfoes if u have at least 1 metalfoe since eccentrick pops combo

pretty much eccentrick is 2 metalfoes cuz u trade a combination+eccentrick for bismugear+mithrilium fusion material+a extra metalfoe search if ur mithirlium can return combo and another metalfoe card to  re-use a scale and search another s/t (such as combination, p much undoing the initial cost of wasting it, though this assumes u have face ups u dont mind destroying), meaning in best case scenario eccentrick=bismugear+extra fusion material for 1st mithrilium.

Mystical Space Typhoon, lots of purposes and hits your Combo.

Tour Guide into Sword/Blue Guy to pop Combo.

These options and Pot is all you will need to see more Foes.

All these options are good, but they're not more Metalfoes. Actually having to draw into a way to put combination on the board beforehand makes them decidedly worse.

10 minutes ago, Mr Dragon said:

All these options are good, but they're not more Metalfoes. Actually having to draw into a way to put combination on the board beforehand makes them decidedly worse.

Vortex Trooper, as said earlier, is that card.

I mean the other way you can do it, is play (more) support Pends like Majespecters, Amorphage Sloth, Aether, Eccentrics, Luster Pendulum, Qli's, and Igknight Reloads could shuffle those in for Metalfoes.

Instant Fusion is a pretty good one.

Summons Panzer, which can be popped to set Combi. Then Panzer destroys Combi.

As you see you dont need an outside card to pop in order to get to your Combi.

18 minutes ago, AlMacuby said:

Instant Fusion is a pretty good one.

Summons Panzer, which can be popped to set Combi. Then Panzer destroys Combi.

As you see you dont need an outside card to pop in order to get to your Combi.

Yeah this is really good, I think it's probably a better MST since it can be used going 2nd to pop both backrow and monsters with Panzer. Not sure if there's space for Thousand-Eyes but that's a neat option too.

I played instant fusion in my deck for Ycs anahiem, would of topped if not been DQd ( one less being yo squiddy in feature). I like one fusion for the 5 star metalfoes makingb tzolkin much easier, as well as giving me better access to metalfoes in the grave for mithriliema bounce effect. Norden was also included , itnworks off of combo as well to ss 2 and 3s you sent of painfull for some cute plays, I wouldndef continue to play one going forward

^ YO WTF ur gibbination?!?! this whole time

WOW hahahahahhaahhaha no way i had no idea (|:|) 

wtf had no idea dat lightning doe XD

this whole ttime when  gibbination was getting mad hated on by da playground lmao HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

So has anyone been playing this deck using the Zodiac engine? I've been testing it out, and I have absolutely loved it so far.

Haven't tested it yet but I don't see why you wouldn't include Zoodiacs in the deck. The extra will be tight but curious to how many RoTAs are optimal in the main. I don't want to see too many miss matched hands of foes / zoodiac. Then we have Invoker that can just get the engine started.

So this is currently what my build looks like. I used the ocg as a template and built from there. The plays are there, and with so many possible engines bricking isn't likely. Being able to take advantage of both the Metafoes and Zoodiac engine can be game changing.

SmartSelectImage_2017-01-25-21-18-46.png

Whats the card on the left of painfull decision?

3 minutes ago, The_Be(a)sT said:

Whats the card on the left of painfull decision?

Performapal King Bear

15 hours ago, Sky said:

So this is currently what my build looks like. I used the ocg as a template and built from there. The plays are there, and with so many possible engines bricking isn't likely. Being able to take advantage of both the Metafoes and Zoodiac engine can be game changing.

SmartSelectImage_2017-01-25-21-18-46.png

Terror Top, while it is legal, should be here. Are the beast warrior pendulum monsters underwhelming at all? I would rather max Viper and in change, max Barrage. I may want to add Tenki too.

I've liked the beast-warrior pendulums as another means of a low scale, and high scale that are both additional targets for Bullhorn that also have nice pendelum effects. 

Terrortop wouldn't be a bad idea. I could take out a Tourguide, Bismugear, Fullmetal Fusion, and Upstart for the Terrortop engine. I'll test that after I get off work tonight.

I'm mainly abusing Rat but I like the 1 Viper for his secondary effect, and another searchable target for Bullhorn. I feel like maxing Barrage and Viper could add to some cloggy hands.

6 mf spells/traps are definetly too much. Imo 4 is the optimal number. I also wouldnt play the searchable lv 7 scale, because you play 3 more high then low scales, so most of the time you search the low scale with broadbull. Also its another brick card.

In deck with limited Extra deck space the Zoo engine suffers a huge loss of utility after the first usage. Shuffling them back turn 1 to reuse them next turn is not worth it, because it assumes you have another Zoo card to put Tiger on top and enough Extra deck monster to summon another 2 copies of Rat. 

I stopped recycling Rat, Emeral is used to dig further into your deck and find cards like Maxx C and Barrier. You can shuffle back 3 Extra Deck monsters on the very first turn.

Using the Zoos as a one-time-engine also changes which tutors you run. Tour Guide as a Rank 3 enabler is bad. OCG used her because grabbing Sangan was a legit countermeasure to Maxx C. You dont want youe tutors to be dead after you've already zoo'd around and you don't want them to be singular. It also competes with other normal summons. 

Rescue Rabbit seems to be the best tutor to summon Invoker with. It does the usual Metalfoes things if you already have access to Rat or draw it later on. 

Barrage loses to both Ghost Ogre and Maxx C and is dead later on. 

You should also setup your first turn boards to not die to a Slumber OTK. Mithril, Kirin and Counter let you survive mass removals. This alone makes this deck better than many other decks. 

But that's also why you shouldn't be fancy and play multiple Fullmetal or Combination: Counter is vital to even see your next turn if things go wrong. 

Dropping Maxx C and Barrier for higher density of combo cards is also foolish. Every time your opponent uses one of these all your conbo cards become obsolete. This deck sets up its defense by playing offensively (Pendulum summoning, Zoo combos).  If you can't Pendulum summon due to a Barrier, you are also not gonna survive the next Battle Phase. Your hand of 5 or 6 combo pieces turns into worthless shit. You don't have any sacky autowins to draw into with Emeral and Fusion (drawing 2 after all the deck thinning is huge).

Edited by AlMacuby

yeah one of the first things i noticed in testing was that rescue rabbit was the best 1 card invoker, because its either invoker or any other extra deck mons you want

i almost want to say tenki is just better than barrage. popping barrage with a metalfoe effect and putting it under drancia with its eff has come up a lot for me tho

The problem that tenki has compared to barrage is that tenki is just another normal summon, whereas barrage is just a drancia and draw one without normalling. This is really huge because you want the normal for bunbuku so you can establish kirin turn one to make fields of more trap monsters, as well as kirin and counter means that you're unlikely to be killed with slumber barrage otk.