300 posts in this topic

fuck the formatting indeed:

A - Assault Core

LV 4 / Light / Machine / Union / Effect
1900/200

Once per turn, you can either: Target 1 LIGHT Machine-Type monster you control; equip this card to that target, OR: Unequip this card and Special Summon it. The equipped monster is unaffected by your opponent's monster effects. (If the equipped monster would be destroyed by battle or card effect, destroy this card instead.) If this card is sent from the field to the Graveyard: You can add 1 other Union monster from your Graveyard to your hand.

B - Buster Drake

1500/1800

Once per turn, you can either: Target 1 LIGHT Machine-Type monster you control; equip this card to that target, OR: Unequip this card and Special Summon it. The equipped monster is unaffected by your opponent's Spell effects. (If the equipped monster would be destroyed by battle or card effect, destroy this card instead.) If this card is sent from the field to the Graveyard: You can add 1 Union monster from your Deck to your hand.

C - Crush Wyvern

1200/2000

Once per turn, you can either: Target 1 LIGHT Machine-Type monster you control; equip this card to that target, OR: Unequip this card and Special Summon it. The equipped monster is unaffected by your opponent's Trap effects. (If the equipped monster would be destroyed by battle or card effect, destroy this card instead.) If this card is sent from the field to the Graveyard: You can Special Summon 1 Union monster from your hand.

Union Hangar
Field Spell

When this card is activated: You can add 1 LIGHT Machine-Type Union monster from your Deck to your hand. Once per turn, if a LIGHT Machine-Type Union monster(s) is Normal or Special Summoned to your field (except during the Damage Step): You can target 1 of those monsters; equip from your Deck to that monster 1 appropriate LIGHT Machine-Type Union monster with a different name from that monster, but that Union monster cannot be Special Summoned this turn. You can only activate 1 "Union Hangar" per turn.

ABC-Dragon Buster

LV8 / Light / Machine / Fusion / Effect
3000/2800

"A-Assault Core" + "B-Buster Drake" + "C-Crush Wyvern"
Must first be Special Summoned (from your Extra Deck) by banishing the above cards you control or in your Graveyard. (You do not use "Polymerization".) Once per turn, during either player's turn: You can discard 1 card, then target 1 card on the field; banish it. During your opponent's turn: You can Tribute this card, then target 3 of your banished LIGHT Machine-Type Union monsters with different names; Special Summon them (this is a Quick Effect).

So, what we have here are unions being made playable again in 2016. I think what I like most about the ABC monsters is that they have so many routes and other deck they can support (Cyber Dragon, Karakuri, LS variants,etc) and each one of them seem viable. Not really sure what Konami was thinking when they made a Dragon Ruler for Unions that set up piss-easy OTKs and spot removal at the same time. Has anyone started messing with these guys? I saw it got 2nd place at the Hong Kong championships I believe?

So what are the basic combos for this deck?

As I understand it, ways to play against this deck include, removal on activation of Field Spell, Ghost Ogre on Field Spell/them using the Karma Cut effect on their turn and System Down seems pretty savage against them.

This is the version of the deck I've been using to dick around with some friends. It has access to some pretty explosive plays thanks to Ties and Transmodify. I don't like the cocks and am definitely going to drop 'em. 

A-Assault Corex3
B-Buster Drakex3
C-Crush Wyvernx3
Cockadoodledoox2
Galaxy Soldierx3
Gold Gadgetx2
Silver Gadgetx3
One Day of Peace
Terraformingx3
Ties of the Brethrenx3
Transmodifyx3
Twin Twistersx3
Union Hangarx3
Upstart Goblin
Endless Trap Holex2
Solemn Warning

Extra Deck

ABC-Dragon Buster
ABC-Dragon Buster
ABC-Dragon Buster
Clear Wing Synchro Dragon
Scrap Dragon
Abyss Dweller
Bujintei Tsukuyomi
Castel, the Skyblaster Musketeer
Cyber Dragon Infinity
Cyber Dragon Nova
Diamond Dire Wolf
Gear Gigant X
Number 39: Utopia
Number S39: Utopia the Lightning
Traptrix Rafflesia

I've seen lists that play Photon Thrasher and it seems superior in comparison to a Gadget; the 2100 body ours Kirin and you don't lose to Strikes.

13 hours ago, Blacklisted said:

So what are the basic combos for this deck?

As I understand it, ways to play against this deck include, removal on activation of Field Spell, Ghost Ogre on Field Spell/them using the Karma Cut effect on their turn and System Down seems pretty savage against them.

Going off the ocg lists any response will be effective. 

DD, solemn, stromforth, etc to disrupt the 1 ns.

Mst, tt, ghost ogre, etc to disrupt the field spell.

Any hand trap. Veiler, cherries, etc...

Also, Kaijus really hurt the deck because they prevent the fusion from floating and force the player to set-up again.

I've messed with them a bit and I don't like how most decklists run multiple union parts. They are all ns's that will rarely do anything outside the field spell. I ran the odds for a pojo deck list and even with extra stuff like unexpected dia, brilliant, w/e the deck was only able to utilize the abc parts 10% without the field spell so I recommended just dropping them. The new tuner also has the same problem of being near useless outside the field spell, which you often need to attach an abc part.

The core of the deck is 3 terra, 3 field, and 1 of each piece. I'd start there.

I think a pendulum route with abductor and eccentric is better because it can actually do stuff outside of the field.  

My build: http://imgur.com/7NeP8eN

I ran the odds and it is able to (t0) make the karakuri combo 78% (R8, lvl 7) and full lockdown (R8, lvl 7/R4, ABC) 42% of the time.

I feel like OCG decks at the moment only thrive because they lack Kaijus and Kozmo. Mojo and Kaijus efficiently out everything thats good in OCG including Azure Eyes, Crystal Wing, DDD guys and ABC,

15 hours ago, Sanjura said:

So, what we have here are unions being made playable again in 2016. I think what I like most about the ABC monsters is that they have so many routes and other deck they can support (Cyber Dragon, Karakuri, LS variants,etc) and each one of them seem viable. Not really sure what Konami was thinking when they made a Dragon Ruler for Unions that set up piss-easy OTKs and spot removal at the same time. Has anyone started messing with these guys? I saw it got 2nd place at the Hong Kong championships I believe?

Does this even count as a union archetype, these things being unions is about as relevant as Trigon's union status was in Dragon Rulers, outside of Union Hangar

Deck is fun and all but didn't exactly do a very good job at making Union as a mechanic less awful

here are some combo videos

Sanjura also had a neat Karakuri build he played vs me last night

I mean that's not a fair statement to make considering there's still cards to be revealed; ABC just happens to be good enough by itself as it with its current pool.

Answering above question for combos, the most basic one ends with Bujintei Tsukuyomi + ABC assuming you start with Gold/Silver and Hangar - you add w/e ABC monster you want with Hangar then SS it with the gadget, attaching B from deck. Make Tsukuyomi, add the last missing ABC monster you need, then ditch & draw 2. Banish and profit. Alternatively, if you're playing Cockadoodledoo, you can end with Crystal Wing and the ABC fusion by getting 2 Field searches and searching the tuner off the second search. cheating the whole time, still feasable with a 3card combo as GGX would get you the last piece for Crystal Wing.

If you add Transmodify into the mix, that ends on Infinity+ABC+GGX, same setup as before except search C and attach B. Sack C for Transmody to get Galaxy Soldier, trigger all 3 but make C chain link 1 so you get to summon the added monster off B. Then GGX just adds A and you pitch it for the 2nd Soldier.

Whoever drops this wins the mirror?

latest?cb=20140626070609

5 hours ago, petqwe said:

Whoever drops this wins the mirror?

latest?cb=20140626070609

Whoever goes first will most likely win the mirror, unless the opponent has hand traps/kaijus. It is actually silly that ggx can search Cycle Reader.

^basically this, it is nigh impossible to bait infinity because of ABC. I've been getting the shit Gameciel out me recently-has anyone considered using Oasis to get back your ABC and dodge System Down at the same time?

On ‎26‎.‎06‎.‎2016 at 7:01 PM, Sanjura said:

im a filthy cheater

You can do this Combo if you use Pseudo-Space as a 1-of. Search it with Fairy Dragon and go ham.

Been playing around with a stun build using cupidity, ties of the brethren, and card of demise: http://i.imgur.com/ZRtCMyf.jpg

All combo versions of the deck feel pretty weak. Easy to disrupt and weak to all hand traps. Playing stun makes you not weak to maxx or veiler and lessens the impact of a kaiju since you have traps/floods. It makes abc stronger too since the deck grinds on it while preventing your opponent from playing. Double utopia and heartlandraco can win games on their own and help you beat kozmo.

On 26/06/2016 at 4:14 PM, Blacklisted said:

I feel like OCG decks at the moment only thrive because they lack Kaijus and Kozmo. Mojo and Kaijus efficiently out everything thats good in OCG including Azure Eyes, Crystal Wing, DDD guys and ABC,

santa claws is used instead of kaiju both in main/side . some people play lava golem too but santa is more popular 

well gadgets are much better than thrashers  cuz they're machines and cuz you can normal them when u already have monsters on the field (let me just tell u, ur gonna have monsters on the field a lot in this deck =D)

besides u can just play around kirin and strikes and maxx c.

No one should eVER buy thrashers like i did, it was a VERY BAD IDEA. we are going to be smarter than the ocg and use 3 gold and silver and NO thrashers instead of 1-2 gold and silver and THREE thrashers.

ujxg4Qt.png?1

42 minutes ago, buckwheatloaf said:

well gadgets are much better than thrashers  cuz they're machines and cuz you can normal them when u already have monsters on the field (let me just tell u, ur gonna have monsters on the field a lot in this deck =D)

No one should eVER buy thrashers like i did, it was a VERY BAD IDEA. we are going to be smarter than the ocg and use 3 gold and silver and NO thrashers instead of 1-2 gold and silver and THREE thrashers.

ujxg4Qt.png?1

trasher isnt bad its used in ocg cuz u dont draw everytime the gadgets alot of hand u will miss the gadgets so u cant make powerfull plays so thats y trasher is used alot now if u draw abc only without gadget u can use trasher for the exceed u need .

Thrasher provides a lot of utility due to it making maxx "c" weaker and more importantly, getting over kirin

I heard that this deck and D/D/D will be some of the best in the format. Idk exactly when the newest D/D/D cards come out but can anyone tell me what the matchup between ABC and D/D/D is like? I'd test it myself but I don't have any simulators to play on.

If I'm mistaken on DDD then are people anticipating this deck dominating on release ala Shaddoll and Nekroz?

the structure comes out in january cuz it was delayed so much. u really need lamia from the structure deck. but darklords in the ocg is already displacing them and we get darklords in november (darklords are the 3rd most played deck in the ocg behind abc and metalfoes, and they're very new). after that there's SOME blue/ yes ad dd left and treetoad mermail/heroes.

so unless there was a banlist b4 we got them that hit some stuff i dont think they're gonna make too big of a splash. plus the deck has like a million different plays depending on what u start with. ppl are only gonna invest the time to learn them to use d/d to their full potential  if they think they can win with them.

4 hours ago, buckwheatloaf said:

the structure comes out in january cuz it was delayed so much. u really need lamia from the structure deck. but darklords in the ocg is already displacing them and we get darklords in november (darklords are the 3rd most played deck in the ocg behind abc and metalfoes, and they're very new). after that there's SOME blue/ yes ad dd left and treetoad mermail/heroes.

so unless there was a banlist b4 we got them that hit some stuff i dont think they're gonna make too big of a splash. plus the deck has like a million different plays depending on what u start with. ppl are only gonna invest the time to learn them to use d/d to their full potential  if they think they can win with them.

From what I hear from friends that play in the OCG DDD are still up there as one of the best decks, but people dislike playing it due to the deck being relatively difficult to play and because it loses to handtraps unlike the other top tier decks. I think it might just end up being one of those decks that'll see more love over here, being a combo deck that can make more than one push if you're careful.

I actually think ABC might have the opposite effect though, since it's typically the type of deck that we normally try to avoid. The biggest problem the deck has is that it is reliant on that normal summon play and if you stop that initial play from going through they have no follow-through, it's pretty linear and prone to disruption, struggles to play through boards going second, it depends on traps and if your first board is broken through a Kaiju then you can pretty much lose on the spot. That's not to say that the deck isn't powerful enough to be one of the best decks, if not the best deck, but the standard build isn't typical of the types of decks that tend to be the best.  A big trend in the OCG right now with this deck is to maindeck boatloads of removal for the above reasons.

On 06/08/2016 at 10:59 PM, buckwheatloaf said:

This isn't really a great reasoning for why you shouldn't play Thrasher. Not only is the turn 1 play much more important than the follow-up plays that you make, but what alternatives are there really that let you play  "play around" Kirin, Strikes and Maxx "C". 

One alternative way I tried playing this deck recently to try to solve its problems was playing a Metalfoe engine, for the purposes of giving this deck an extra play a turn via Pendulum Summon, making the deck less normal summon reliant - which in turn lets you play cards like Planet Pathfinder to have extra Union Hanger access. The neat thing about the Metalfoe engine in particular in all of this is that all of the monsters also get their graveyard effects when popped by Metalfoe scales, and using Metalfoes Fusion to put the ABC pieces into the graveyard from the hand when you can't Pendulum summon can still be effective.

There's a bunch of neat interactions there, but it didn't really work as well as I wanted it too, maybe I didn't get the ratios right.

23 minutes ago, buckwheatloaf said:

OMG THREE PPL IN A ROW MISSED THE SARCASM OF MY TROLL POST ABOUT THRASHER BEING BAD WHEN I BOUGHT LIKE over 1000

I ONLY BOUGHT 1000 CUZ I THOUGHT iT WiLL BE GOOD duh. but i hoped kirin wouldn't get hit and it did so now im not 100% sure as before about how good it will be.

your mistake was buying common and orcs thrasher instead of ultimate