Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
NB96

Barclays Premier League 2016/17

Recommended Posts

Aaron    2028
On 10/7/2016 at 0:41 PM, Aaron said:

 

 

This weekend's game Lpool vs United, Liverpool have to be favourites but I can see Ibrahimovic/Mata/Rashford (if playing versus Milner) making the difference on the night. 

Mourinho will try to stifle and slow down the game to begin with and make it a game of few chances. If its a game of few chances where we get 6 chances, United get 4, I'd definitely bet on United tucking one of those away with the more clinical players they have and the fact they have DDG. 

 

If United play attacking football, I think we'll beat them. 

 

 

 

whilst you're the dumb fuck tho thought united would play attacking football 

 

*looks at their backline of 6/7 players when defending* 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, Aaron said:

 

Herrera hasn't played that many games this season to be classed in the same breath of importance as hendo and lallana period. 

 

Nah Pogba is a good player.. but is he a 90M player at present? Quite simply no. I'm not debating whether its a good deal or not, only time will tell but at present he's not shifting his weight in terms of importance to the team. 

 

You don't watch Liverpool. I can tell. An injury free Henderson, aka the hendo who played when suarez was here, was excellent. He's struggled with injuries but when injury free and fit, he's very good. Can's touch as you can see from today's performance is way too heavy. They're very different players. Hendon can do the pass and move shit. Can is still trying to mould himself into a player he wants to be.

 

Again, you haven't watched Wij for us then. He's really been quite impressive. At Newcastle he was class at home, disappeared away. 

 

 

 

Honestly it pisses me off so fucking much when football fans talk about players they haven't watched. Why not just shut the fuck up and admit you haven't watched these players so therefore your opinion is shitty meaningless and based on whatever tripe you're reading on redcafe or goal.com or sky sports.  Its beyond fucking irritating when people are thick as shit have opinions on players and topics they know nothing about. 

Even though Herrera basically dominated your midfield yesterday.

 

Your second point, I agree since right now he doesn't look like 90m player. But then again Bale didn't look like 85m player when he first started for Madrid and I do think the factors that I have mentioned have inhibited Pogba's performance. 

 

Idk when I have said I watch Liverpool on a regular basis but your point of Henderson being good when Suarez played was pretty much the whole story for Liverpool. Remember Suarez even made Brendan Rodgers look like a good manager simply because he is world class and one of, if not the best strikers you had based on talent. Also you can also look at the world cup 2014 where it was basically the entire Liverpool team minus Suarez. Hendo like every one else that put a shirt on during that tournament did pure shit so your point about Henderson is meaningless. Also Can's touch was heavy because he hasn't played a consistent amount of games unlike Henderson and this happens to players who aren't in the first team regularly all the time. 

 

Legit have you not read? I have stated this before, I don't watch Liverpool play but I have seen Holland play on a regular basis. What is Wijnaldum? Oh yeah he is Dutch lol so honestly I've probably been watching him play a longer then you have so my opinions on him are actually quite valid. I mean you know there is something wrong when we still have to rely on Sneijder (who is pretty much past it and only a small fraction of the player he once was) for our creativity in midfield even when we have Wijnaldum, Klaassen etc. Even Newcastle fans were pissed of with him even though he was their best player statistically.

  • Downvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, Aaron said:

 

 

whilst you're the dumb fuck tho thought united would play attacking football 

 

*looks at their backline of 6/7 players when defending* 

Yeah like I'm supposed to know what Jose is thinking, the players he was gonna select and how he was gonna set them up. I just said an approach United could have taken which would have worked. Jose decided for something different and he got what he wanted and that's all there is to it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Aaron    2028

Herrera... dominated?? With 35% possession??? Really?? Thats your definition of dominate???!!! 

 

Yeah basic footballing common sense for what the most popular negative manager in football would do in a tight game.

 

Honestly your thick. 

 

Can's touch has NEVER been as good as Hendos sadly. Henderson post the season we challenged for the title suffered with injuries heavily and up until this start of this season has been playing through pain barriers with niggling injuries. 

 

Yeah sure base all of your assumptions of a player on international football trolololol. I guess every argentinan/belgium player is quite overrated  if we used that means to measure players. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yep you clearly have never played football in your life because if you did, you would have understood the purpose of a Defensive Midfielder which is basically to win back possession and break up the opponent's play which was pretty much everything that Herrera had done on that game. That is their main function and the players that are supposed to control the tempo are the 2 midfielders in front of him which in that game were Pogba and Fellaini. Look at how Barca operates and specifically Busquets. He is a DM and the fact that he is so good at retrieving possession and breaking up play gives easier access for the likes of Iniesta, Rakitic, Messi etc. to get the ball and work their magic. Please understand the purpose of a DM the next time you post so you avoid looking like a moron. 

 

It's incredible how you call me thick but your posts basically implies that Henderson was the one that almost got you that premier league. How fucking delusional can you be? It was painfully obvious that it was Suarez that almost got you that premier league and yet here you are trying to say Henderson was even relevant. That's it. Nothing more to it.

 

Argentina got into (I think) 3 Copa America finals and 1 World Cup final in the last several years and tbh that is not even underachieving, they've just been unlucky mainly on penalties. The only player you could say is overrated is Higuain. Also look at the Belgium team. Lukaku, Courtois, Hazard, Nainggolan among many other players in the Belgium team are overrated as fuck. English players got themselves ridiculed (and still do) when they got knocked out by Iceland in the Euros and guess who were in Iceland's qualifying group? Yep Holland where Wijnaldum like the rest of the Dutch squad did awful. I'm not even counting the international games either, he wasn't that good for Newcastle also and since Newcastle fans actually turned him like they did to most of their players they would agree with me.

 

Honestly, just stick to cricket.

  • Downvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
stein_dragon    39
1 hour ago, Fruits Punch Samurai G said:

Yep you clearly have never played football in your life because if you did, you would have understood the purpose of a Defensive Midfielder which is basically to win back possession and break up the opponent's play which was pretty much everything that Herrera had done on that game. That is their main function and the players that are supposed to control the tempo are the 2 midfielders in front of him which in that game were Pogba and Fellaini. Look at how Barca operates and specifically Busquets. He is a DM and the fact that he is so good at retrieving possession and breaking up play gives easier access for the likes of Iniesta, Rakitic, Messi etc. to get the ball and work their magic. Please understand the purpose of a DM the next time you post so you avoid looking like a moron. 

 

It's incredible how you call me thick but your posts basically implies that Henderson was the one that almost got you that premier league. How fucking delusional can you be? It was painfully obvious that it was Suarez that almost got you that premier league and yet here you are trying to say Henderson was even relevant. That's it. Nothing more to it.

 

Argentina got into (I think) 3 Copa America finals and 1 World Cup final in the last several years and tbh that is not even underachieving, they've just been unlucky mainly on penalties. The only player you could say is overrated is Higuain. Also look at the Belgium team. Lukaku, Courtois, Hazard, Nainggolan among many other players in the Belgium team are overrated as fuck. English players got themselves ridiculed (and still do) when they got knocked out by Iceland in the Euros and guess who were in Iceland's qualifying group? Yep Holland where Wijnaldum like the rest of the Dutch squad did awful. I'm not even counting the international games either, he wasn't that good for Newcastle also and since Newcastle fans actually turned him like they did to most of their players they would agree with me.

 

Honestly, just stick to cricket.

 

I watched Wijnaldum for Newcastle a lot last year has bags of talent but also goes missing when it really matters. Definitely wouldn't say that I disliked him but not too upset that he left.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
NB96    850

City's defence is shaky imo. Guardiola's sides are always very strong defensively so it's strange. Maybe he just needs another transfer window to make adjustments,

 

I really want us to go for 3 points vs Chelsea today. A draw at Stamford Bridge is almost always a great result but I want to see us try and get back to form in the League. The 4-1 win against Fenerbache should be great for team confidence and I hope we can build on that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Suppose the schedule doesn't really help United but losing 4-0 is no excuse. Personally I would line up this against City: De Gea- Valencia, Smalling, Blind, Shaw- Herrera, Mata, Pogba, Martial, Lingard- Rashford

 

Then the bench: Romero, Darmian, Fosu Mensah, Carrick, Fellaini, Mhiki, Ibra

 

I would put Mhiki ahead of Lingard but since he just returned from injury think it would be asking too much to start against City. Would start him against Burnley tho.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Faint    5856

Fruits I've really tried to look at your posts in an understanding way, but jesus christ you're a fucking idiot.

 

"Herrera dominated your midfield" in a game where utd didnt see the ball and played 10 men inside their box the whole time

 

Glad chelsea romped utd today, they've been fucking awful for the last few games and chelsea really exposed them. 

 

best thing youve said was you not even having rooney on the bench in your above post as he's been shocking, but I'm not even sure if that was accidental or not

 

also your definitiion of a DM is basically the "makalele role" - but that depends ENTIRELY on the system that is played. In liverpools high pressing system then the dm needs to literally break up attacks then start the movement / quick interchanges when we have the ball. henderson is FANTASTIC at this, better than Can (who was back to being v. good yesterday, but henderson is certainly a much better player than him at present). Lallana has been great all season so far, long may it continue 

 

I haven't watched utd that much this season, but from what I have seen i think it's absolutely criminal playing fellaini given the wealth of talent they have in midfield. hes shit at passing, tackling, can't score goals... utd have such good options yet they consistently choose such a poor one. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Azzaw    64

United honestly need to play Carrick more. I know generally English players tend to get hyped up a lot more than they should but I honestly think he is the most underrated English player in the game. I really can't say anything bad about the guy, If the game against Fenerbahce wasn't enough to convince then I don't know what will. He brings a defensive stability to the really offensive midfield and can help out a lot in the lower end and spread play to Pogba, Herrera, and/or Mata. He really is a student of Paul Scholes and that can certainly help - not completely fix - United's issues. 

 

Why Mourinho prefers Fellaini over someone even like Schweinsteiger is beyond me. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Faint    5856

Carrick doesn't really have the pace..but yeah I agree. Have him as the base in the midfield in a 4-4-2 diamond and he'd excel (pogba at the tip of the diamond, herrera + schneiderlin). then have martial/ibra up top or rashford/ibra up top...winning combination right there

 

gotta say though chelsea were immense last weekend before getting crumpled by west ham lol

 

I love how both spurs and liverpool both made 11 changes for the league cup game. whilst liverpool were way better, the result wasn't telling at all cos it was literally a reserves match lol 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/24/2016 at 3:52 AM, Azzaw said:

United honestly need to play Carrick more. I know generally English players tend to get hyped up a lot more than they should but I honestly think he is the most underrated English player in the game. I really can't say anything bad about the guy, If the game against Fenerbahce wasn't enough to convince then I don't know what will. He brings a defensive stability to the really offensive midfield and can help out a lot in the lower end and spread play to Pogba, Herrera, and/or Mata. He really is a student of Paul Scholes and that can certainly help - not completely fix - United's issues. 

 

Why Mourinho prefers Fellaini over someone even like Schweinsteiger is beyond me. 

In my view, I see Schweinsteiger a lot like Carrick except with less defensive work and over the last couple of years he has had his injury problems so I can see why Mourinho discarded him. Fellaini is only there for a height advantage and breaking up play with his challenges which usually warrants a yellow. It is unappealing and frustrating watching Fellaini play but he does offer something different than opposed to Schweinsteiger even if it is something that isn't United.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
NB96    850

0-0 vs Burnley with around 35 chances or so.

I honestly wonder what SAF must be thinking. Watching everything he built over 25 years or so be destroyed in front of his eyes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Azzaw    64
On 10/28/2016 at 1:17 PM, Faint said:

Carrick doesn't really have the pace..but yeah I agree. Have him as the base in the midfield in a 4-4-2 diamond and he'd excel (pogba at the tip of the diamond, herrera + schneiderlin). then have martial/ibra up top or rashford/ibra up top...winning combination right there

 

Definitely, they need his passing skills and his ability to control the midfield and spread out play. Almost forgot about Schneiderlin, he definitely needs to play more. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Azzaw    64
10 hours ago, NB96 said:

0-0 vs Burnley with around 35 chances or so.

I honestly wonder what SAF must be thinking. Watching everything he built over 25 years or so be destroyed in front of his eyes.

 

To be fair to them, they got really unlucky against Burnley and you got to give credit Burnley's keep. But yeah over Manchester has been shitty.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Faint    5856

I can't figure out whether Deli Alli is world class or bang average. He kind of fluctuates between the two

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Aaron    2028

Fruits punch samurai g has the best username and the worst knowledge of football on the forum. 

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/23/2016 at 9:14 PM, Faint said:

Fruits I've really tried to look at your posts in an understanding way, but jesus christ you're a fucking idiot.

 

"Herrera dominated your midfield" in a game where utd didnt see the ball and played 10 men inside their box the whole time

 

Glad chelsea romped utd today, they've been fucking awful for the last few games and chelsea really exposed them. 

 

best thing youve said was you not even having rooney on the bench in your above post as he's been shocking, but I'm not even sure if that was accidental or not

 

also your definitiion of a DM is basically the "makalele role" - but that depends ENTIRELY on the system that is played. In liverpools high pressing system then the dm needs to literally break up attacks then start the movement / quick interchanges when we have the ball. henderson is FANTASTIC at this, better than Can (who was back to being v. good yesterday, but henderson is certainly a much better player than him at present). Lallana has been great all season so far, long may it continue 

 

I haven't watched utd that much this season, but from what I have seen i think it's absolutely criminal playing fellaini given the wealth of talent they have in midfield. hes shit at passing, tackling, can't score goals... utd have such good options yet they consistently choose such a poor one. 

Mate your the one that thought Henderson was the best midfielder in the prem atm yet you call me the idiot? Don't get me wrong Henderson is having a good start but calling him the best out of all the midfielders I have previously mentioned is too much of a stretch. 

 

ok that's your definition of a DM, people will have different opinions of what they should expect from a position which is fine but how does that refute my claim that Herrera basically dominated the midfield? I already explained what Herrera had done and he did it to perfection. Your only reasoning of dominating was that Liverpool dominated possession but if we decided to use that logic then that must mean United had dominated nearly all of their games last season because they usually had 60-70% right? You think players like Roy Keane and Patrick Vieira (2 of the best DMs that the game has ever seen) were known for their possession?

 

And Fellaini is only playing because of height and our management team seems to think that height = superiority. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/31/2016 at 7:03 PM, Aaron said:

Fruits punch samurai g has the best username and the worst knowledge of football on the forum. 

My knowledge of football is rather decent. Your knowledge is like that of someone that watches Match of the day instead of someone that actually watches their team's games from the way you have been posting.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Aaron    2028

nah urs sucks. 

 

u cant even understand or predict ur own manager. 

 

ur shit. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Aaron    2028
30 minutes ago, Fruits Punch Samurai G said:

Mate your the one that thought Henderson was the best midfielder in the prem atm yet you call me the idiot? Don't get me wrong Henderson is having a good start but calling him the best out of all the midfielders I have previously mentioned is too much of a stretch. 

 

ok that's your definition of a DM, people will have different opinions of what they should expect from a position which is fine but how does that refute my claim that Herrera basically dominated the midfield? I already explained what Herrera had done and he did it to perfection. Your only reasoning of dominating was that Liverpool dominated possession but if we decided to use that logic then that must mean United had dominated nearly all of their games last season because they usually had 60-70% right? You think players like Roy Keane and Patrick Vieira (2 of the best DMs that the game has ever seen) were known for their possession?

 

And Fellaini is only playing because of height and our management team seems to think that height = superiority. 

 

 

mate u dumb fuck theres a multtiude of different variations of players for each position.

DMs range from your typical destroyers aka maka/mascherano to your little headless chickens who try to keep balance of the midfield to your deep lying playmakers aka alonso + pirlo

Herrera has simply not been that pivotal as you say, especially compared to fucking lallana. 

 

Hendo isnt the best centre mid in the prem but hes awfully good when hes not injured or going through injury issues. very underrated and stats back him up in nearly every single department. 

 

honestly its a travesty fellaini has played for this long in the utd team. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Aaron    2028
On 10/30/2016 at 10:31 AM, Faint said:

I can't figure out whether Deli Alli is world class or bang average. He kind of fluctuates between the two

 

 

world class youth prospect.

 

not world class player yet. 

 

probably the most promising english CMF at that age ever seen. can see him getting played too much and ran into the ground by his late 20s tho (looks at fabregas) 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
+Urthor    10225

Dellis Alli is not that much of a prospect.  He's a potential quality international footballerl but there's plenty of players like him in the Barcelona academy.  Only issue is that he is the only prospect in a country that has a fraction of the international talent it had 10 years ago.  

 

 

Every year he can avoid being picked as an England international will be better for him. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, Aaron said:

 

 

mate u dumb fuck theres a multtiude of different variations of players for each position.

DMs range from your typical destroyers aka maka/mascherano to your little headless chickens who try to keep balance of the midfield to your deep lying playmakers aka alonso + pirlo

Herrera has simply not been that pivotal as you say, especially compared to fucking lallana. 

 

Hendo isnt the best centre mid in the prem but hes awfully good when hes not injured or going through injury issues. very underrated and stats back him up in nearly every single department. 

 

honestly its a travesty fellaini has played for this long in the utd team. 

Lol its incredible how you fail to realize the importance Herrera has had this season for United. Herrera's work has allowed players like Mata to roam freely and play their football without having to worry much about defensive work. That's his job and he is doing an exceptional job about it. You threw a tantrum about me not watching Wijnaldum even though I have probably watched him longer then you for the national team, yet this comment clearly shows you haven't seen Herrera play at all. There was also a reason why Herrera got MOTD when we played Liverpool but I guess you were too focused on your possession instead of actual individual play lmao. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×