• Announcements

    • rei

      Battle of the Anime Characters   02/10/17

      THE BATTLE OF THE ANIME CHARACTERS HAS BEGUN   Find it here http://duelistgroundz.com/index.php?/forum/615-battle-of-the-anime-x/
Exiled

Void Madness

12 posts in this topic

RATE-JP076

Rengoku no Kyouen / Void Madness

Normal Trap Card

(1) Send 1 “Void” Spell/Trap Card from your hand or face-up from your field to the Graveyard; Special Summon up to 3 “Infernoid” monsters whose total Levels equal 8 from your Deck, ignoring their Summoning conditions.

 

Pros:

-Searchable and acts as cost by Void Vanishment

-can use Void cards in hand

-Not once per turn

-Potentially can tribute a faceup Into The Void after activating it

-Can win games by a surprise Attondel

-Reasoning and Gate are limited

-uses no additional resources (ie banishing noids) to summon them

 

Cons:

 

-Trap card

-Must equal 8 so you can't drop 3 decatrons

-The chances you'd even have enough Noids in deck after milling like a savage seems low

-Bad topdeck?

-3 Charges now

-can't summon Devyaty or Ononcu

 

 

What i'm thinking is you basically summon a Deca or 2 and a high level Noid for any synchro/xyz plays or 2 patruleas for pendulum popping +xyz drop

 

Prolly more combos i'm forgetting but I like this card

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Little worse than that, since if you're dropping 2 deca then you have to run the lv 6. Deca + Seit is good, attondel is okay, and 2 pat is good for removal + xyz. Deca + harm + pat is good for setup/remove 2/omega. Any other combination is probably ass.

 

Actually now that I think about it, deca + harm + pat is instant omega + dev/ononcu and 1 noid in grave during opp standby for a 2 card setup. Not too bad.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

wow this card seems extremely powerful, it's a trap but the kind that blocks OTKs when necessary while still filling your graveyard with infernoids and it's chainable. Also, what does '3 charges now' mean, having 3 charge of the light brigade, or this card acting as 3 copies of soul charge? I'm also inclined to say 'if you have milled so much infernoids that this card doesn't have targets, then that's one of those good problems because your grave is now full of infernoids already', although I'll admit that that doesn't cover banishing them with Desires. I can definitely see this card becoming a 3-off as it's somewhat similar to a slow Rabbit, or a faster RftDD, and those kind of cards define decks. Getting 2 decatrons and sjette in opponent's turn means you banish a card from their grave(potentially useful against BEWD, ABC etc), block an attack or 2, and have 5 infernoids in grave for your next turn. Seems good to me. 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

^ You can mostly bypass the problems with Desires by instead using Lawnmowing Next Door, which is the other card that competes in adding to Infernoid fuckery.

 

If you have more cards in your Deck than your opponent: Send cards from the top of your Deck to the Graveyard until you have the same number of cards in your Deck as your opponent.

This means running 60 and then instantly milling a third to half your deck on the first turn, you have 3 of this and 3 Left Arm Offering, the 1 Reasoning and 1 Monster Gate (do people still play this?), nets you an extra 12 mills if your opponent uses Desires, etc.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That's pretty cool however single arm conflicts with setting this trap, not that it would come up extremely often, also I'd probably still run 3 Desires in that case simply because of the 60-cards. Anyway, are you thinking more about a 'pure' Infernoid/CotLB build, or a BA-Infernoid build with this approach? 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, ensane said:

Little worse than that, since if you're dropping 2 deca then you have to run the lv 6. Deca + Seit is good, attondel is okay, and 2 pat is good for removal + xyz. Deca + harm + pat is good for setup/remove 2/omega. Any other combination is probably ass.

 

Actually now that I think about it, deca + harm + pat is instant omega + dev/ononcu and 1 noid in grave during opp standby for a 2 card setup. Not too bad.

 

If you mill a pirmais off deca you can make trishula to pop more, but omega is better in the long term

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If you use 60 cards with Lawnmowing and this, you could also put in 3 Tierra Goddess of Rebirth from RATE. It might not be searchable but it could be another auto-win 3-of. With a 60 card deck you'd probably not find it particularly difficult to put 10 different cards into the graveyard. Not to mention your own PSY-Framelord Omega dodges Tierra which would be pretty convenient.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
54 minutes ago, NB96 said:

If you use 60 cards with Lawnmowing and this, you could also put in 3 Tierra Goddess of Rebirth from RATE. It might not be searchable but it could be another auto-win 3-of. With a 60 card deck you'd probably not find it particularly difficult to put 10 different cards into the graveyard. Not to mention your own PSY-Framelord Omega dodges Tierra which would be pretty convenient.

 

Tierra is only from your hand or field, not from the graveyard unfortunately.

 

I'm not entirely sure what the sweet spot will be with Lawnmowing, you will probably have to break down the math to determine how consistently you will draw Lawnmowing/how inconsistent your deck is at 40, 50, 60 cards etc. Maybe somewhere between 50-55 will be correct since its still a guaranteed mill 10-15 going 1st, and probably more going second.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, Mr Cook said:

 

Tierra is only from your hand or field, not from the graveyard unfortunately.

 

I'm not entirely sure what the sweet spot will be with Lawnmowing, you will probably have to break down the math to determine how consistently you will draw Lawnmowing/how inconsistent your deck is at 40, 50, 60 cards etc. Maybe somewhere between 50-55 will be correct since its still a guaranteed mill 10-15 going 1st, and probably more going second.

Damn I didn't realise that.

 

Another card I think people are sleeping on in Infernoid is True King Agnimazaud. Can drop a Patrulea/Harmadik/Pirmais, pop something then pop your own Infernoid to drop him, who then lest you banish something without targeting. Being level 9 is kinda annoying for the level restriction Infernoids have but I think the card could also be useful in the deck.

 

Edit Just noticed he can be normal summoned so that hurts Reasoning/Monster Gate a little.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

60 card Infernoid decks are actually becoming really successful in the OCG but they also have card destruction, 3 Charge of the Light Brigade and 2 Monster Gate. 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

At that point Fairy Tale Snow is a throw in right?

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Definitely. Deck plays more fodder spells than Shiranui Lightsworn and that deck was half built around Fairy Tale. 

 

 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.