Pengwan

Florida Regional Championship Oct 15-16th

Darthflaw    124

I can't make this regional, but is there a place online to find other events like it in the future?

»Pengwan    7720
On 10/10/2016 at 9:00 PM, Grimey said:

What are you taking??

Probably Fright Night

17 hours ago, Darthflaw said:

I can't make this regional, but is there a place online to find other events like it in the future?

http://www.pokemon.com/us/play-pokemon/pokemon-events/pokemon-tournaments/regional-championships/

»Pengwan    7720

Round 1 starts in like 30 mins I think

650 TCG Masters

»Pengwan    7720

I'm 1-1, ironically I ended up playing Greninja tho rofl

»Pengwan    7720

Prized 3 Frogadier gm1 of the mirror to essentially eliminate me I think rip

»Pengwan    7720

Every other deck I was trying was getting bodied by M Mewtwo and/or Volcanion

Alot of people think Greninja has a bad Mewtwo matchup because of Garb, but I did well vs them in testing with my build and 2-0d both the ones I played. Just lost round 1 to 3 consecutive N's to 1, drew with DarkTina in a game I win if we played 2 more turns. Then the Frogadier prize thing happened and I dropped

It was pretty cool and well run event. I def made the wrong deck choice though, there is SOOO much Volcanion and Greninja matchup vs it isn't as amazing as I thought it was.

+Mascis    4554

kris p is updating on fb about going 5-1-2 so far

i would have picked volcanion or mewtwo going in tbh, so im glad to see volc doing well

i'm probably gonna play vgc in philly since i don't have any cards irl and it's extended

Grimey    8113

Mega Mewtwo is probably what I would have taken; that deck is nuts 

»Pengwan    7720

Yea my teammate made t32 with Mewtwo lol he played like all great matchups all day tho

Darthflaw    124
15 hours ago, Pengwan said:

Every other deck I was trying was getting bodied by M Mewtwo and/or Volcanion

Alot of people think Greninja has a bad Mewtwo matchup because of Garb, but I did well vs them in testing with my build and 2-0d both the ones I played. Just lost round 1 to 3 consecutive N's to 1, drew with DarkTina in a game I win if we played 2 more turns. Then the Frogadier prize thing happened and I dropped

It was pretty cool and well run event. I def made the wrong deck choice though, there is SOOO much Volcanion and Greninja matchup vs it isn't as amazing as I thought it was.

Can you post your list, or at least what you have to combat garbodor? Outside of going Lysandre, Vs Seeker it back I've had a miserable time beating that card, and that has given people enough time to just power up a beater and start racing ahead of me. 

I've only been playing a few weeks, and only online, but Greninja v Volc is always a lot closer than I think it should be. I think I have a positive win rate against it so far, but because you have to evolve so many times to start doing anything, I"m never as far ahead as the type advantage seems to indicate I should be.

»Pengwan    7720

From memory so I may be off a card or two and I wouldn't recommend running this right now anyway but sure

4 Talonflame

3-4-4-3 Greninja

1 Minccino FCO 86

3 N

2 Professor Sycamore

2 Ace Trainer

1 Lysandre

1 Fisherman

1 Teammates

4 Bursting Balloon

4 VS Seeker

4 Dive Ball

2 Level Ball

1 Ultra Ball

2 Super Rod

1 Eco Arm

2 Rough Seas

1 Faded Town

9 Water Energy

1 Splash Energy

The mirror I lost was the guy that finished 10th, he didn't play Minccino or Talonflame so idk if he just dodged Mewtwo enough or figured out something I missed

+Malcolm    4606

You will get used to the speed eventually. Probably the biggest thing that no one talks about is being vocal about your opponent playing faster. It usually only takes one shove towards playing faster and they will pick up the pace because they don't want to appear to be slow playing. this also has a big benefit of creating places where they will misplay. win win overall

also laughed at your north south comment because I feel the same way

Darthflaw    124

Since it's sort of exploded in popularity after this regional, has anyone found any kind of tech to deal with the vileplume toolbox deck? 

I've been playing Megamewtwo and it's basically unwinnable once they stick a regice or a glaceon to the board. 

Grimey    8113
3 hours ago, Darthflaw said:

Since it's sort of exploded in popularity after this regional, has anyone found any kind of tech to deal with the vileplume toolbox deck? 

I've been playing Megamewtwo and it's basically unwinnable once they stick a regice or a glaceon to the board. 

I don't know if you know this but regular Damage Change Mewtwo gives all of his damage counters to Regice/Jolteon even if their effects are up. Except that they don't actually receive the damage counters. Mewtwo loses counters and Jolteon/Regice gain no counters. This means that you can stall-out the deck fairly easily if need be (I have done this multiple times). 

Glaceon should be really easy to beat, just play basic Mewtwos and not M Mewtwo lol 

Grimey    8113

I tried out Espeon but it blowed so I gave up on trying to beat that deck