YGOPro Salvation

Online Tournaments With Prizes!

Me.    1338
11 minutes ago, tonyvelasco1337 said:

not surprised to see a DGZ alumni win. Probably gonna be happening every-week  ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Judging by the matches I spectated, seems very likely.

+mmf+    23072

nice that they ran double elim bracket too. nice things all around

• Upvote 1

+Satchmo+    3183
On 10/20/2016 at 4:53 PM, mark said:

but I think blocking every online kind of tournament/DN(did konami even delete this? as DN site stated specifically that it wasn't konami, if that means anything)

It was a company tied to tied to the Anime, that company owns the legal rights to the card images basically.

On 10/22/2016 at 7:03 PM, NB96 said:

Won the tournament punting several games throughout jajajajajajajjaja topdeker

Was good for learning the deck though, the games I lost were useful for learning different situations.

On 10/23/2016 at 9:01 AM, tonyvelasco1337 said:

not surprised to see a DGZ alumni win. Probably gonna be happening every-week  ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

On 10/23/2016 at 9:16 AM, Me. said:

Judging by the matches I spectated, seems very likely.

I played in the event, and it was pretty much free, I lost to DDD who opened 3 beaters + Vanity's game 1 and cheesed me down 5k life with Ceasar Ragnarok game 3, and then lost to twin twister vs ABC. The competition basically boiled down to NB96 and 1 chick playing ABC. I effectively came in 4th and the people who I lost to ended up in second/third so yea. DG will probably win every event.

NB96    767

Yeah it was tbh. My technical play was poor eg crashing Utopia Lightning not realising I couldn't boost my atk, not equipping A when my opponent had Cyber Dragon Infinity, was lucky not to punt several games due holding the A key for always chain without realising it doesn't work on Salvation etc.

And despite all my errors I felt so comfortable in most games (except g2 in the finals where he decked out). The players weren't great. I played 4 ABC mirrors but never got hit by System Down, and won every game I got Cherried. If you use Amazon to buy things a lot it's worth the free £20 for some of your time.

• Upvote 3

Me.    1338

Does the manual mode run on the same chat system as automatic? Because that sounds so annoying when written communication is what makes the game. Having to re-select the type-box with the mouse after every time you click somewhere else, messages disappearing quickly, no log.

• Upvote 1

Zayelion    93
On 10/25/2016 at 1:02 AM, Sykotic said:

does your program support the ability for me to show my penis to my opponent? if not, why are you ruining this game?

YES IT TOTALLY DOES!
sorry its so complex but, here are the steps :

739.png

im not without a sense of humor but grow up man :-/ I spend most my free time working on this so you can jerk around and duel. Or others not nessarily you. I dont appreciate such jokes :-/ I find it demoralizing and it makes me not want to code.

On 10/25/2016 at 5:23 AM, Me. said:

Does the manual mode run on the same chat system as automatic? Because that sounds so annoying when written communication is what makes the game. Having to re-select the type-box with the mouse after every time you click somewhere else, messages disappearing quickly, no log.

1.) Yes it does have the DN way of communicating with your opponent during a duel.
2.)  I have not designed the UI for spectators yet. You'll be able to select text tho. I'm not able to implement the keypress lock after clicking perfectly but I will try to have it set so after you click a card and do an action it re-focuses on the chat bar.

Finally thank you for your feedback @Me. I find it very helpful and I'll do my best to implement it.

The following is in the server that figures out what actions to take, 

case "chat":
        if (socket.slot !== undefined) {
            stateSystem[socket.activeduel].duelistChat(socket.slot);
        } else {
            stateSystem[socket.activeduel].spectatorChat(socket.slot);
        }
        break;

and here is the engine part (line 679) that handles saving the chat:
https://github.com/SalvationDevelopment/YGOPro-Salvation-Server/blob/f6e281351f3113f50ee0de69ba7e5509bb9e5e08/libs/ai-snarky-state.js#L679

... from there a full log of the whole chat is sent to the end users each game action. Thats the implementation as of now. I just need to make the UI parts, but I've already written the HTML I just need to write the rendering of it and something to pick up when you type.

TLDR;
@Me. yes, half done already.

Sykotic    8111

sorry i guess? im not sure how my comment could ever be interpreted by anybody as negative or demoralizing in any way, and that obv was not the intention. i know nothing about your program nor will i ever and i just wanted to talk about showing my penis and make myself laugh at the expense of nobody.

god i dont even know why i had to make this post. a more appropriate response would probably be to tell YOU to grow up. 

but good luck dude, i hope your thing is a success.

+mark    2871

I interpreted sykotic's response as a way to mock people who are overly critically on the program to be honest, so not sure why Zylion feels offended as it's obviously sarcastic. 

• Upvote 1

Zayelion    93

I interpreted sykotic's response as a way to mock people who are overly critically on the program to be honest, so not sure why Zylion feels offended as it's obviously sarcastic.

People that really care about their own work tend to be highly critical of it so Im included in that mockery and justified in my feelings by that logic. Also no one asked a question about the capabilities of manual mode before Sykotic, so its unclear to me how you see it as he is mocking someone else and the comment was not pointed at the people in charge of the program that would be able to answer the question.

<_< but I think I should answer his question honestly. Salvation does make an effort to dissuade behavior like that and is foremost a social engineering project. Yes I am purposely ruining "the game" for people that inaccurately calculate that their jokes are at other peoples expense either by making it so neither group exist as much as possible.

As to why it was deeply agitating after 3yrs of hearing that and similar comments it becomes emotionally expensive. Its as if repeatedly hearing everything you do and work toward is utterly pointless. And then I have to watch others like myself act ... or rather break/bend to those comments and end up not only harming themself but the broader community. And I mean this on the programmatic level, berating the sole workers of the sim project demoralized them. Thats why BLS was always gone, YVD evaporated, KVSDS basically deleted itself, MacPro died, Percy is a hermit, and DevPros devs dont talk to humans. They try to help people and they only get reviled. Then they do nothing, >_> thats why DN is in Flash.

So I find his lack of empathy and consideration childish tempered only by his ignorance of what I am going through. That is my reasoning for the way I responded. Basically the joke isnt good because "too soon". Its find to joke AFTER its done. I understand that its sarcasm thats why I responded with a spoiler. I dont really expect anyone to "get it" but all I can say is please dont make jokes like that toward me or my staff considering the hours of work they put in DAILY  and they have to hear this and similar things from real children and immature people constantly as it is and any jokes like it I'll just respond in a scathing manner as humorously possible.

I think that "overall" there is bad communication between the people that make the sims and their users. Most I've met are high strung, cynical of users, or just want to forget ever working on these projects like they are bad memories.

• Downvote 3

+ACP+    33845

It's just a dick joke man. Obviously you didn't appreciate it. We get it that you work hard, but DGz is DGz, and yes it is likely that there will be a dick joke or two thrown your way on occasion. It's not personal.

+mmf+    23072
On 10/25/2016 at 1:02 AM, Sykotic said:

does your program support the ability for me to show my penis to my opponent? if not, why are you ruining this game?

you still know how to farm pos rep from me after all these years huh

petqwe    286
17 hours ago, Zayelion said:

People that really care about their own work tend to be highly critical of it so Im included in that mockery and justified in my feelings by that logic. Also no one asked a question about the capabilities of manual mode before Sykotic, so its unclear to me how you see it as he is mocking someone else and the comment was not pointed at the people in charge of the program that would be able to answer the question.

<_< but I think I should answer his question honestly. Salvation does make an effort to dissuade behavior like that and is foremost a social engineering project. Yes I am purposely ruining "the game" for people that inaccurately calculate that their jokes are at other peoples expense either by making it so neither group exist as much as possible.

As to why it was deeply agitating after 3yrs of hearing that and similar comments it becomes emotionally expensive. Its as if repeatedly hearing everything you do and work toward is utterly pointless. And then I have to watch others like myself act ... or rather break/bend to those comments and end up not only harming themself but the broader community. And I mean this on the programmatic level, berating the sole workers of the sim project demoralized them. Thats why BLS was always gone, YVD evaporated, KVSDS basically deleted itself, MacPro died, Percy is a hermit, and DevPros devs dont talk to humans. They try to help people and they only get reviled. Then they do nothing, >_> thats why DN is in Flash.

So I find his lack of empathy and consideration childish tempered only by his ignorance of what I am going through. That is my reasoning for the way I responded. Basically the joke isnt good because "too soon". Its find to joke AFTER its done. I understand that its sarcasm thats why I responded with a spoiler. I dont really expect anyone to "get it" but all I can say is please dont make jokes like that toward me or my staff considering the hours of work they put in DAILY  and they have to hear this and similar things from real children and immature people constantly as it is and any jokes like it I'll just respond in a scathing manner as humorously possible.

I think that "overall" there is bad communication between the people that make the sims and their users. Most I've met are high strung, cynical of users, or just want to forget ever working on these projects like they are bad memories.

He makes a joke, everyone but you gets it, clearly he is the problem?

+mmf+    23072

who would have guessed a joke would go over zayelions head

NB96    767
2 hours ago, 7hhzz7 said:

so is this every saturday or?

I think it is, so there should be one on today. Not sure if I feel like staying up to 1:30am for it though.

»Pharaoh Atem    15831
On 10/20/2016 at 5:17 PM, Gemstone Mine said:

in all fairness, konami is trying to present a specific image to their buyer base, which cash touraments do kind of run against that image, but from the perspective of a competitive player, yeah, it's pretty dumb.

I think a lot of people just don't consider that konami is making relatively fine choices, but only for their target base, and yall motherfuckers aren't a part of that group.

holy shit someone's doing my job for me

• Upvote 3