Logic

Final Fantasy TCG

+Logic    2040

So, the three starter decks based on FFVII, FFX, and FFIII are out, first base set is on delays from distributors, but the game is getting off the ground.

Info:https://www.fftradingcardgame.com/na

If I had to compare it to two games the most, it would probably be Magic and Naruto, though there is a lot of Yugioh and a bit of Kaijudo as well.

I'll tl;dr how the resources works mechanically opposed to other games, because I think it's amazing:

1.) You draw 2 cards over 1 (50 card deck)
2.) Your lands in this game have effect, but cost mana to play. (3 Mana land, deal 5 to a monster when you play it, tap this card plus 1 mana, give a monster haste for a turn.)
3.) You can also discard cards from your hand to pay for the cost of cards. Each card you discard gives you 2 mana in the color you discarded. You need at least one same-color mana to play a card.

Add that to the fact that all effects are spell speed 2 outside of playing monsters (forwards) and mana (backups) with phases identical to Yugioh and you have A LOT of complex lines of play.

Anywho, check it out! The link has a pdf of the card pool, there's a basic rules and instruction page, and I'd love to answer any questions you have. There is no announcement of Organized Play yet, but I know I have full intention on traveling once it is.  The game existing for 6 years in Japan, and balancing cards to reflect on their prior mistakes have me very confident in their R&D.

So far, it's probably the best tabletop experience I've ever had.

Bazoo    5742

I really like new games and being a huge fan of Final Fantasy I would like to check this out, provided it has a base in my area.

So blocking does not dull the blocker, eh? Meaning I can block multiple times with a huge forward?

+Logic    2040

Correct. Damage lasts for the duration of the turn, and their attack power is equal to their health.

So I can block your 5000 attacker and then your 4000 attacker with my 9000 dude, and my dude will die afterwards.

There's also a party mechanic where i can have multiple dudes of the same color attack at the same time, and if they are confronted, you can redistribute the damage in anyway you would like to minimize casualties to your side of the field.

+Logic    2040

I have 4 competitive lists ready,  rush/tempo/control/combo, that between the 4, hit all six colors.

Let me know if anyone wants access to easy printing of these lists or anything like that. Costs for cards are outrageous until second wave; I don't have intention on buying until OP is announced.

+Logic    2040

Also, I'm really looking to build a team/network of serious players to bounce ideas together, share resources for events, and possibly make content, in the NE region.

Let me know if you'd be interested.

+Paraliel+    8117
3 hours ago, Logic said:

I have 4 competitive lists ready,  rush/tempo/control/combo, that between the 4, hit all six colors.

Let me know if anyone wants access to easy printing of these lists or anything like that. Costs for cards are outrageous until second wave; I don't have intention on buying until OP is announced.

Link

I got orders on the starter decks just to try atm :x

zubby    234

Started playing this with a few mates, really enjoy it, though stock is almost impossible to find atm. 

• Upvote 2

MZAAZM    317

Loving this game, but supply issues in USA is a problem. 

Anyone here playing? also available on octgn to play online

SageRhapsody    242

@zappdos I'm interested in those print copies of the lists you mentioned. I haven't seen anything like this in Canada so it's safe to assume it doesn't exist but it looks really interesting. Excited to try it with friends 

MZAAZM    317

Opus 2 Set out in usa. Supply levels also improved. 

• Upvote 1

MZAAZM    317

They will be reprinting currents sets to meet demand.

first set was bit low in supply and they are printing a 3rd wave of them. 

at this time the most expensive non foil is L Cloud $45-50 and its foil it $65-70 each

I think it will over time come down to $35-40 range for non foil. 

Avg competitive deck right now is about 200-300$ 
The first set supply issue also playing a part though

I think $150-200 will be more realistic price down the road.

But if you are a collector, foils are available as well. 

• Upvote 1

+Logic    2040

I have so many damn good ideas for this game and no one to theorycraft with and it makes me cry inside. :'(

• Upvote 1

MZAAZM    317

Not sure about Canada but card availablity improved in usa and opus one wave 3 should be out soon also

MZAAZM    317

How did you do? And what did you run?

USA nats is in LA this sept and this year only, anyone can enter in USA.