The Antagonist

Witch Hunt - Multi Edition Day 6 or some shit

1807 posts in this topic

Solstice more concerned with defending himself etc. then playing the game 

Just now, mark said:

Solstice more concerned with defending himself etc. then playing the game 

AKA just as scummy as nelrick

It almost looks as if Solstice is trying hard to set-up a bunch of mislynches after RZR will 'confirm' he's town... is a RZR-solstice-nelrick scum team possible? that would be too easy 

Solstice you should be careful about telling your scum buddy digbick to claim you flipped town. Remember we might be watching him with the peeping tom, so he ought not to lie for scum team's sake.

Solstice had a dream, but I crushed it.

I'm asking because I firmly believe most of the people that end up voting for me will make the same decision for their next lynch REGARDLESS OF MY FLIP. And if that is the case, they should not be voting for me when there are other options that give more info and could help them make a better decision.  If your move is the exact same if I'm town or scum, THEN I AM THE WRONG LYNCH unless we have no other lynch candidates that will give us better info.  So far jazz is the only one somewhat justified on his vote, but I firmly believe he's not going to get more than maybe 1 other person at best to vote mark/francis with him if I flip town.  And if town won't make that play with him, then he is also unjustified in voting me off.  

Asking us to make a decision now is scummy. If you were on the town, you'd be more confident that we could make a better decision tomorrow with more info. Your flip isn't the only piece of new info we will be receiving.

Lynching Francis is terrible. People are quick to say 'If Francis is mafia then mark is as well', which is untrue. I have not claimed francis is town, in fact I went after him hard day 1, then changed my mind because his entire posting changed and I leaned towards town. Keep in mind that I still have the 'Francis might just buzz all his teammates here' possibility in my mind, although I'm heavily leaning towards town. I had to come out because it confirms Nelrick as mafia. People seem to forget that mafia plays with perfect information as regards to who's on their team and who isn't, but town does NOT. Town defending someone on a gut read definitely isn't 'mafia tell'. It's playing the game. 

53 minutes ago, Jazz said:

Explain please

The only thing we need to know tomorrow about the GD is that we are getting the correct check. Peeping Tom confirms what the check is. Inquisitor can confirm the roles. Unless you think scum has every other information this  

53 minutes ago, Malcolm said:

the real question is if a scum is dead because lol haunting

I'll get to this in a minute, but it also applies to the above

49 minutes ago, Jazz said:

I mean, no. If you flip town, we lynch Francis tomorrow.

In what world do you get this? 

45 minutes ago, Jazz said:

You are playing this game afraid, which is exactly the same mistake town made in the multi game by lynching me. Don't be afraid of false priests misleading you. Deduce which one is telling the truth yourself--by seeing which one eventually dies to nightkill or conflicts with another piece of info.

You are the fucking pussy. Assuming you hit scum, every priest check isn't going to be veriable due to lol haunting. You literally don't want to kill a potentially useless at this point because every check will be in debate because of haunting and as a result your potentially forgoing a +EV scenario because youre scared that you might actually lynch the real priest even though you would essentially get two red checks in the process potentially 3. 

20 minutes ago, Solstice said:

@Mascis @rei @Felwinter

Since you all have votes on me, what are you going to do if I flip town?  Who do you lynch and why?  If you don't have a good answer you need to get your vote off me.  Leaving out jazz because he already answered.  This needs to be answered today in case I get lynched, so if people go back on it tomorrow without good reason you can catch scum.

@ZeroPassion @DarkBlaze557@Malcolm @Nelrick @mark @Francis J Underwood @RZR_DigbickThePickleMan @Kahu

Same question to everyone else alive, if I end up being the lynch and flip town, who are you going to lynch next and why?  

There's no point in asking or answering this since the amount of information will drastically change tomorrow and it will likely force us to re-evaluate the votes. 

Specifically I'd probably look at Blaze given my initial suspicions on that interaction. 

6 minutes ago, mark said:

Lynching Francis is terrible. People are quick to say 'If Francis is mafia then mark is as well', which is untrue. I have not claimed francis is town, in fact I went after him hard day 1, then changed my mind because his entire posting changed and I leaned towards town. Keep in mind that I still have the 'Francis might just buzz all his teammates here' possibility in my mind, although I'm heavily leaning towards town. I had to come out because it confirms Nelrick as mafia. People seem to forget that mafia plays with perfect information as regards to who's on their team and who isn't, but town does NOT. Town defending someone on a gut read definitely isn't 'mafia tell'. It's playing the game. 

You counterclaimed Nelrick. Nelrick has a red check on me. If Nelrick is real than you must be fake. In the world, where I die and flip mafia this essenitally confirms his check 

For the umpteenth time, why would I take my whole team down with me if I am fanatic, knew I got scanned, and knew that I had 0 chance of dying today?

Like come on there is wifom and there is sheer stupdity. 

3 minutes ago, Francis J Underwood said:

You are the fucking pussy. Assuming you hit scum, every priest check isn't going to be veriable due to lol haunting. You literally don't want to kill a potentially useless at this point because every check will be in debate because of haunting and as a result your potentially forgoing a +EV scenario because youre scared that you might actually lynch the real priest even though you would essentially get two red checks in the process potentially 3. 

This is exactly what I was trying to get across. Thank you for saying it better than me.

I counterclaimed him saying you was red. But the possibility of 'Nelrick is mafia and tries to buzz teammate francis, then make francis to come in to make it fail, buzz francis he come out mafia so now we buzz mark and see nelrick as confirmed' exists. Which was what I'm pointing out that regardless of what francis appears, I am still town. The only way I'm mafia is if Nelrick is town & we get a legit check on RZR somehow to confirm. 

1 minute ago, mark said:

I counterclaimed him saying you was red. But the possibility of 'Nelrick is mafia and tries to buzz teammate francis, then make francis to come in to make it fail, buzz francis he come out mafia so now we buzz mark and see nelrick as confirmed' exists. Which was what I'm pointing out that regardless of what francis appears, I am still town. The only way I'm mafia is if Nelrick is town & we get a legit check on RZR somehow to confirm. 

I get what you're saying, but from the general town perspective it doesn't matter. The implication is you claimed to defend me. I realize this is not necessarily true and tbh it's even pointless to discuss since inquisitor/peeping tom can easily figure this out. 

I hate the host for not putting any of the day activation roles in.  If we had an assassin, we could find the real priest by using that.  If we had a spirtualist, we could confirm gravedigger without wasting peeping tom (who could check on inquisitor).  If we had nurse, we could give the priest an extra life once we know who it is.  If I was lose cannon, I'd be making the optimal play right now even at the cost of my own life.  Darkblaze even agreed that if you were equally unsure who was lying, the optimal play is to lynch francis.  It's just that everyone is so sure me and nelrick must be scum buddies that they are going that route instead.  Nerlick very well could be scum, and in that case I'm going to die for trying to make the optimal play instead of blindly following town. I might even go down before him at this rate.  

If Nelrick is scum, I'm getting LVP.  I've accepted that and deserve it for some pretty shitty plays.  But even if nelrick is scum, I still maintain that lynching francis is the better option just in case he wasn't.  But it's obvious either me or nelrick is going down today, and I can't seem to convince anyone otherwise.  

Please think back on this after you've killed us both and scum still hasn't conceded, and realize I am town.  Just as you all say it would be stupid to have two scum in francis and mark risk it all on this play, it's also stupid to have two scum in me and nelrick do it.  I am not scum.  Nobody is going to realize it until the aftergame thread where I'll be roasted alive, but its true.  I'm sorry I suck.

The amount of wrong Francis is on this entire situation is off the charts. He's ignoring like half of the possible scenarios that make sense.

Solstice even if you're not mafia it's still GTO to go after you because we can't literally have every mafia play the 'wait I wasn't ACTUALLLY mafia, I was just stupid' card, which is very effective simply because of that fact. 

'too stupid to be mafia'

Francis's entire perspective on this is clouding his judgment because to him it's black and white just lynch the priest who called him scum.

I think it's overwhelmingly likely Nelrick is the scum but there is literally no harm in waiting to kill him especially considering scum never would have calculated that we would kill solstice today.

Nelrick Claims Priest. Says Francis is Red.

Mark counterlaims Priest. Says Nelrick is Lying.

Francis claims fanatic, effectively counterclaiming Nelrick. Says Nelrick is lying.

The reason I see this as a sign that Nelrick is the clear liar, is that I think Francis has no benefit in claiming fanatic if he were scum.

Like, if it were just Nelrick vs. Mark, we'd just try to kill Francis and gain info. If Francis were Scum with a lynch immunity the best play on scum's part is to just let Francis take one hit, keep Nelrick and Mark alive for the next day, and pick somebody off. Boom. Francis gets to claim ANY of the three kill immunity roles the following day, Nelrick and Mark are both unreliable, and we are down one town. We then have to go into questioning the validity of Francis' claim in addition to Nelrick and Mark, and even if we lynch him scum still gets to kill another person, possibly a Priest who's lost angel protection due to haunting.

Scum would just have more options in not claiming fanatic, IMO.

Also seems odd that scum would counterclaim and put another chip on the table in the form of Mark to try and lynch Nelrick. Like why not just let us lynch Francis, kill Nelrick during the night phase or the next night phase, and be done with it?

Like what benefit is there to putting TWO claims out there, AKA HALF THE FUCKING SCUM just to kill one Priest?

6 minutes ago, Jazz said:

The amount of wrong Francis is on this entire situation is off the charts. He's ignoring like half of the possible scenarios that make sense.

No you're just literally going off into paranoia possibility land even tho it makes absolutely 0 sense. Why would Nelrick claim priest and buss me if I am with him at the beginning of the day when he is under absolutely 0 pressure. Distancing is not a reason to do this. He could have just as easily voted me until pressure mounted and then claimed. This keeps his options open as scum and doesnt force dichotomy where 1 member of the scum team has to die. What you're literally advocating for is the possibility of game throw and that I would in some insane way allow for that. 

Just now, Jazz said:

Francis's entire perspective on this is clouding his judgment because to him it's black and white just lynch the priest who called him scum.

I think it's overwhelmingly likely Nelrick is the scum but there is literally no harm in waiting to kill him especially considering scum never would have calculated that we would kill solstice today.

No it isn't and this is a bullshit generalization. I have explained it 100 ways to sunday why lynching Nelrick is the optimal lynch from your perspective. It is +EV. Lynching me is not +EV. The only scenario where it is isn't is the above and in that scenario youre assuming I, as scum, would allow Nelrick to throw the game like that completely unnecessarily 

Use your brain 

Oh yeah that's another thing.

Nelrick and Francis both being scum is next to impossible IMO.

Bussing is one thing, but hard claiming motherfucking priest with a red check on your team mate of all things?

Like regardless of whether or not Nelrick is telling the truth that would put Francis on the lynching block for the sake of Priest confirm.

If Francis turns up scum then woops they just killed one of their own.

If Francis survives then scum now has to come up with some explanation and still has to deal with Francis or Nelrick getting lynched the following day.

If Francis turns up town somehow because of GD then woops Nelrick gets killed.

Like regardless of the scenario they'd be killing off one of their own.

That goes beyond bussing, that's handing a scum over to town on a fucking silver platter.

The point of scum is to keep as many of their members alive.

Even Nelrick knows that much.

Sometimes the scum play that is so retarded that you should never do it is the perfect scum play because nobody will ever suspect it.

Francis are you reading my posts? I want to kill solstice, not you. You're a bad lynch choice because your priest is more believable.

what a wonderful night

but saying that just makes me paranoid of all the things that went wrong

let's distract ourselves with a vote count

Solstice 4 - Jazz, Mascis, rei, Felwinter
Nelrick 3 -mark, Kahu, DarkBlaze557
Underwood 2 - Malcolm, Solstice 

Special Message: I hope you're all having fun! :-)

Huh. I just realized this but.

Nelrick hasn't replied in over 24 hours.

His last post was trying to push against Mark.

After Francis claimed fanatic, he's basically disappeared.