markus

tell me about something that you like

markus    2087

okay, so i like hats.

i own about 50ish hats right now. most of them come from my friend hunter, who enlisted in the military who collected hats. i have a pretty good range of odd hats, stylish hats, regular hats, even hats we drew on ourselves. some hats have stories behind them, like there's one hat that was rescued from a  burnt down apartment. some hats include a couple snapbacks, sports team hats, a godzilla hat, a christmas hat that has mistletoe on it, an old school WWE hat with some wrestlers on it. i can show you guys some pictures of hats that i have but ill need to get my hands on a camera.

i also like masks but i don't have too many of those, i have 3 or 4 rn. i had a couple others but those were given away to friends.

what do you guys like? they don't have to particularly be something you collect like i wrote.

• Upvote 3

+Satchmo    3226

I like alcohol and weed, they keep me sane

• Upvote 2

+rei+    35450

I like things that feel 'solid'

Yknow when you picked up an old ipod classic it felt 'heavy'? Like the weight conveyed value? I loved that feeling (even if it was only because lol mechanical hard drive)

I like things made of wood for similar reasons, it feels 'real' - just cut from some tree (instead of synthetics or partical board)

I like manual transmission partly because I'd trade comfort for control any day but also for the satisfaction of pushing a clutch and clicking a gear into place 

• Upvote 2

Mr Dragon    300
On 04/03/2017 at 10:35 PM, rei said:

Yknow when you picked up an old ipod classic it felt 'heavy'? Like the weight conveyed value? I loved that feeling (even if it was only because lol mechanical hard drive)

I like things made of wood for similar reasons, it feels 'real' - just cut from some tree (instead of synthetics or partical board)

I like manual transmission partly because I'd trade comfort for control any day but also for the satisfaction of pushing a clutch and clicking a gear into place 

This is actually a common enough thing for shit like Beats headphones to put extra weights in them so that they feel more valuable when you're holding them. 

+rei+    35450

yeah. too bad beats are a shit product eh 

• Upvote 1

+Mascis    4385

i really like pro wrestling and i think im the smartest pro wrestling fan on who uses this website. don't @ me

• Upvote 1

+Mascis    4385

i really like pro wrestling and i think im the smartest pro wrestling fan on who uses this website. don't @ me

+Satchmo    3226
On 3/4/2017 at 4:35 PM, rei said:

I actually like the opposite for phones, lightweight but powerful phones make me feel closer to the eventual "hologram in your hand" reality I saw in sci-fi movies/shows as a kid

• Upvote 4

»Tygo    14313

^meh

Stand up comedy... The way most people talk about music. 

+rap tap    20162

i like fenced in dog parks. it's a really simple joy to watch my dog run across the field and socialize while also watching her enjoy fetching a ball. life's just so simple for her that it makes me happy.

• Upvote 5

Audioslayne    902
On 3/7/2017 at 10:29 AM, Tygo said:

^meh

Stand up comedy... The way most people talk about music. 

@Tygo I have (probably) shit taste, give me some recs?

Really dig stuff I grew up on like Demetri Martin, Bill Burr, Patton Oswalt, etc.  Also obvious the classics that everyone likes (Pryor, Hicks, Carlin).  Lately enjoying John Mulaney, Lewis Black, Brian Regan.

Back on topic I enjoy the hell out of trail riding (mountain bikes).  It's unfortunate because I live in Iowa and have to drive several hours to get to anywhere worthwhile to ride but I'll often go out and ride nearby trails I've ridden a hundred times over.  It just makes me feel so free and keeps me in shape without feeling like a chore.  

That being said my bike just got stolen last summer and I haven't fully replaced it yet.  It was locked up outside on the complex bike rack (with a thicker lock than anything else there by a mile) but it was literally in our lease that we could not store them inside our apartment.  Normally I'd say fuck it and do it anyway but they paid us to keep our place clean and use it as a model apartment for visitors meaning they could drop in pretty much whenever during business hours and see it.

I bought a piece of junk at a garage sale but I've been so busy with school I don't have time to travel and bike atm so I haven't bothered properly replacing it.  Hopefully looking to move to Minnesota when I graduate though and the riding up there is so much better it's insane.

Faint    5719

I like the smell of freshly cut grass

I like realizing that summer is almost here because it means i can enjoy sittinh in the beer garden with a nice cider

I like going to my parents house and helping them out from time to time, just littke things like ckeaning that i always neglected doing as a kid when i lived with them

• Upvote 1