Gojira

Farming Strategy Discussion

105 posts in this topic

Aaah, okay.  Thanks, Dex.

As far as Joey Lvl.40 goes, I think the biggest problems aren't card choices, but timing and the AI script.  I've found that Labyrinth Builder is the most consistent deck available.  As such, the two biggest threats are, as we all know, Miyabi and Kunai.

I've been using my 1x Seven Tools and 1x Ultimate Providence, along with 3x Dimension Gate, to deal with Spiritual Wind Art - Miyabi, but those are vulnerable to Stamping Destruction.  Which brings me to the other problem: Joey's AI.  I've been trying to decipher the order in which he targets cards for Stamping Destruction.  Right now, I think he goes after face-up cards first, and the newest cards second.  Beyond that, I'm still not sure.  I have a feeling he'll ignore certain Set cards if they remain face-down for several turns.

Super Joey has a pretty big weakness against Storm, though.  For some reason, he ALWAYS activates Kunai and Metalmorph whenever I play Storm, if he has them (he usually does by that point).  With this, playing a Field Spell of any kind to blow up a third card is unnecessary.

I've lost to lvl 40 twice so far and I think I have found the best ways to beat him. For reference here is the decklist that I use. I only have 1 Dimension Gate:

IMG_0137.PNG

Obviously Master of Oz is the Fusion monster. You have to beat 3 different things that Joey presents in order to win. This is in no particular order either.

you have Jar of Greed to bait out his Stampings. I never activate these until I'm close to zero cards in deck or he uses Stamping on it. You don't really want to set more than 1 of dimension gate/seven tools at the same time unless he's used both Stamping.

the only cards that will actually cause you to lose are Wind Art and Kunai, or if he draws the combination of Kunai + metalmorph to kill labyrinth wall earlier than your endgame. For these reasons I'm probably cutting storm and putting in another nobleman. Since the cards you actually need to beat are traps, and your way of baiting out his Stampings are traps, storm doesn't really fit. Another 7 tools may come into the deck but I only have 1 and the event is about over anyways.

if you use cat of ill omen and put a trap like 7 tools or gate on top, when you set it he will destroy it with Stamping no matter what else you have set. Sometimes I wait to set jar if I have cat so I can waste one of his Stampings easily.

on 7 tools: this is all you really need to win once he's used Stamping because he always uses wind art before you do anything for turn or prior in the duel, so you just save it for Kunai. It's more reliable than storm since you may need to activate your traps or they may die to his stamping grounds, whereas this is a one for one trade on the only card you care about

Having only one Gate is definitely a problem.  Let me write up my list.  See if you can adapt the ideas in here to work for you.

Deck: 20

Skill: Labyrinth Builder

Monsters: 6

1x Darkflare Dragon

1x Gravekeeper's Vassal

2x A Cat of Ill Omen

2x Skelengel

Spells: 6

2x Union Attack

1x Shield and Sword

1x Storm

1x Hieroglyph Lithograph

1x Secret Pass to the Treasures

Traps: 8

1x Seven Tools of the Bandit

3x Dimension Gate

1x Ultimate Providence

3x Jar of Greed

Skelengels are in because Crystal Seer is WATER, and I didn't want to dedicate 2+ slots to summoning Buster Blader or a Fusion Monster.  I also don't own The Fiend Megacyber, which is the ideal card in this deck; play Megacyber if you have it.

I have a total of 5 reactionary counters to Wind Art, giving me a pretty good chance of opening with at least one.  For getting to 8k, Tools is ideal.  Use any of your other Traps to draw out Stamping Destruction, with Jars taking priority, followed by Providence, then Gate.  If you can get Joey to play both of them AND pull off Seven Tools and Lithograph, you'll get the Low LP bonus on top of everything else, which should get you to 8k.

Has Joey tried that metalmorph + kunai combo on labyrinth wall for anyone? he's had them out against me with red-eyes on the field but his AI never used them to run over it

59 minutes ago, Starlight Warrior said:

Having only one Gate is definitely a problem.  Let me write up my list.  See if you can adapt the ideas in here to work for you.

Deck: 20

Skill: Labyrinth Builder

Monsters: 6

1x Darkflare Dragon

1x Gravekeeper's Vassal

2x A Cat of Ill Omen

2x Skelengel

Spells: 6

2x Union Attack

1x Shield and Sword

1x Storm

1x Hieroglyph Lithograph

1x Secret Pass to the Treasures

Traps: 8

1x Seven Tools of the Bandit

3x Dimension Gate

1x Ultimate Providence

3x Jar of Greed

Skelengels are in because Crystal Seer is WATER, and I didn't want to dedicate 2+ slots to summoning Buster Blader or a Fusion Monster.  I also don't own The Fiend Megacyber, which is the ideal card in this deck; play Megacyber if you have it.

I have a total of 5 reactionary counters to Wind Art, giving me a pretty good chance of opening with at least one.  For getting to 8k, Tools is ideal.  Use any of your other Traps to draw out Stamping Destruction, with Jars taking priority, followed by Providence, then Gate.  If you can get Joey to play both of them AND pull off Seven Tools and Lithograph, you'll get the Low LP bonus on top of everything else, which should get you to 8k.

Don't get me wrong, I was saying I've lost twice against Joey but have won at least 25 times at lvl 40. The only cards I need is maybe a 2nd-3rd ishzark. 

30 minutes ago, Nex said:

Has Joey tried that metalmorph + kunai combo on labyrinth wall for anyone? he's had them out against me with red-eyes on the field but his AI never used them to run over it

This is how he beat me both times. Idk if he actually had it on you because he has always used it on me if he had it