Gojira

Farming Strategy Discussion

Aaah, okay.  Thanks, Dex.

As far as Joey Lvl.40 goes, I think the biggest problems aren't card choices, but timing and the AI script.  I've found that Labyrinth Builder is the most consistent deck available.  As such, the two biggest threats are, as we all know, Miyabi and Kunai.

I've been using my 1x Seven Tools and 1x Ultimate Providence, along with 3x Dimension Gate, to deal with Spiritual Wind Art - Miyabi, but those are vulnerable to Stamping Destruction.  Which brings me to the other problem: Joey's AI.  I've been trying to decipher the order in which he targets cards for Stamping Destruction.  Right now, I think he goes after face-up cards first, and the newest cards second.  Beyond that, I'm still not sure.  I have a feeling he'll ignore certain Set cards if they remain face-down for several turns.

Super Joey has a pretty big weakness against Storm, though.  For some reason, he ALWAYS activates Kunai and Metalmorph whenever I play Storm, if he has them (he usually does by that point).  With this, playing a Field Spell of any kind to blow up a third card is unnecessary.

knives1990    262

I've lost to lvl 40 twice so far and I think I have found the best ways to beat him. For reference here is the decklist that I use. I only have 1 Dimension Gate:

IMG_0137.PNG

Obviously Master of Oz is the Fusion monster. You have to beat 3 different things that Joey presents in order to win. This is in no particular order either.

you have Jar of Greed to bait out his Stampings. I never activate these until I'm close to zero cards in deck or he uses Stamping on it. You don't really want to set more than 1 of dimension gate/seven tools at the same time unless he's used both Stamping.

the only cards that will actually cause you to lose are Wind Art and Kunai, or if he draws the combination of Kunai + metalmorph to kill labyrinth wall earlier than your endgame. For these reasons I'm probably cutting storm and putting in another nobleman. Since the cards you actually need to beat are traps, and your way of baiting out his Stampings are traps, storm doesn't really fit. Another 7 tools may come into the deck but I only have 1 and the event is about over anyways.

if you use cat of ill omen and put a trap like 7 tools or gate on top, when you set it he will destroy it with Stamping no matter what else you have set. Sometimes I wait to set jar if I have cat so I can waste one of his Stampings easily.

on 7 tools: this is all you really need to win once he's used Stamping because he always uses wind art before you do anything for turn or prior in the duel, so you just save it for Kunai. It's more reliable than storm since you may need to activate your traps or they may die to his stamping grounds, whereas this is a one for one trade on the only card you care about

Having only one Gate is definitely a problem.  Let me write up my list.  See if you can adapt the ideas in here to work for you.

Deck: 20

Skill: Labyrinth Builder

Monsters: 6

1x Darkflare Dragon

1x Gravekeeper's Vassal

2x A Cat of Ill Omen

2x Skelengel

Spells: 6

2x Union Attack

1x Shield and Sword

1x Storm

1x Hieroglyph Lithograph

1x Secret Pass to the Treasures

Traps: 8

1x Seven Tools of the Bandit

3x Dimension Gate

1x Ultimate Providence

3x Jar of Greed

Skelengels are in because Crystal Seer is WATER, and I didn't want to dedicate 2+ slots to summoning Buster Blader or a Fusion Monster.  I also don't own The Fiend Megacyber, which is the ideal card in this deck; play Megacyber if you have it.

I have a total of 5 reactionary counters to Wind Art, giving me a pretty good chance of opening with at least one.  For getting to 8k, Tools is ideal.  Use any of your other Traps to draw out Stamping Destruction, with Jars taking priority, followed by Providence, then Gate.  If you can get Joey to play both of them AND pull off Seven Tools and Lithograph, you'll get the Low LP bonus on top of everything else, which should get you to 8k.

Nex    52

Has Joey tried that metalmorph + kunai combo on labyrinth wall for anyone? he's had them out against me with red-eyes on the field but his AI never used them to run over it

knives1990    262
59 minutes ago, Starlight Warrior said:

Having only one Gate is definitely a problem.  Let me write up my list.  See if you can adapt the ideas in here to work for you.

Deck: 20

Monsters: 6

1x Darkflare Dragon

1x Gravekeeper's Vassal

2x A Cat of Ill Omen

2x Skelengel

Spells: 6

2x Union Attack

1x Shield and Sword

1x Storm

1x Hieroglyph Lithograph

1x Secret Pass to the Treasures

Traps: 8

1x Seven Tools of the Bandit

3x Dimension Gate

1x Ultimate Providence

3x Jar of Greed

Skelengels are in because Crystal Seer is WATER, and I didn't want to dedicate 2+ slots to summoning Buster Blader or a Fusion Monster.  I also don't own The Fiend Megacyber, which is the ideal card in this deck; play Megacyber if you have it.

I have a total of 5 reactionary counters to Wind Art, giving me a pretty good chance of opening with at least one.  For getting to 8k, Tools is ideal.  Use any of your other Traps to draw out Stamping Destruction, with Jars taking priority, followed by Providence, then Gate.  If you can get Joey to play both of them AND pull off Seven Tools and Lithograph, you'll get the Low LP bonus on top of everything else, which should get you to 8k.

Don't get me wrong, I was saying I've lost twice against Joey but have won at least 25 times at lvl 40. The only cards I need is maybe a 2nd-3rd ishzark. 

30 minutes ago, Nex said:

Has Joey tried that metalmorph + kunai combo on labyrinth wall for anyone? he's had them out against me with red-eyes on the field but his AI never used them to run over it

This is how he beat me both times. Idk if he actually had it on you because he has always used it on me if he had it

knives1990    262

The new set and the marik event has given some more good ways to build farm decks, namely Cerberus farms. Since most characters can learn draw skills, it's not a bad farm deck if you want one that can be used for multiple characters to get their own rarer drop skills.

what I'm liking is that now you can use the deck in a faster way by cutting out a lot of the unnecessary spells and make it more draw oriented with a few changes. The draw lineup would be:

3 good goblin housekeeping

3 jar of greed

3 shard of greed

With this in mind, your lone monster obviously being Cerberus, we now have luminous spark as the best field spell to use that will boost cerb 500. I've gotten lucky and have 2 of these but the real winning card for this deck now is the mask of remnants (marik event). With this, you can turbo your deck and just keep activating it turn after turn for more spell counters. I haven't really figured out if the glossy card point bonus will keep accruing if you activate the same copy or not, but it seems like it does not keep counting. The framework I've been using to try and get shadow game off marik is this

1 cerberus

3 shard of greed

3 pot of benevolence

2 luminous spark

2 riryoku

1 gravity axe

1 mask of remnants 

1 stop defense

3 good goblin hiusekeeping

3 jar of greed

mark    3104

Gojira doesn't have time to update this continuously. I don't follow this game close either - if people who are informed about good farming methods could post guides and message or tag/quote me and tell me to put them in the OP, I will edit it in. This thread can be very valuable for all players, esp if we keep the OP up to date. 

Inti    76

Elegant Mai Farming decks I found on discord that I changed a bit after testing.

Lv 30 Kaibaman Vassal (8000) 

Skill:Reinforcements 

Monsters:13

3x Blue Dragon Summoner 

3x Blue-Eyes 

1x GK Vassal 

3x Kaibaman 

1x Kidmodo Dragon 

2x Sphere Kuriboh (Could replace for a Econs but Sphere better against Birdman Joe)

Spells:4

1x Anti Magic Arrows

1x Secret Passage 

2x Union Attack

Traps:3

2x Jar of Greed

1x Legacy of Yata-Garasu (Glossy)

Lv 40 Labyrinth Builder (7000-8000)

Monsters:2

1x GK Vassal

1x The Fiend Megacyber (glossy)

Spells:9

1x Anti Magic Arrows 

2x Magical Mallet 

1x Secret Passage 

2x Shard of Greed 

1x Sword & Shield 

2x Union Attack 

Traps:9

3x Good Goblin Housekeeping

1x Magic Drain 

2x Magic Jammer (At one point I used Ririyoku Field against Pen but for some reason it did not work so now I am using these instead)

3x Ultimate Providence (To negate Wind Art)

Edited by Inti

Faint    5619

Paradox level 40 anyone? They seem to be otking me constantly lol

knives1990    262

Saw this on duel links site and it works like a charm and isn't annoying to use. 7k score

3 blue eyes

3 kaibaman

3 blue dragon summoner

3 crystal seer

1 piranha army

1 gift of the martyr

1 polymerization

1 secret pass

3 good goblin housekeeping

1 jar of greed

• Upvote 1

dexer008    804

I wasn't playing last time Mokuba was around, what's a good strat for him? Farming cards wise I now have paradox bro thanks to the event (need to lvl to get abilities though), 3 cerebus, 3 unhappy girl/ ra-jin, 1 vassel 1 pirhana, 2 riyoku, 2 gift of matyr, no blue-eyes ultimate/ oz (meteor B though), no union attack. 

knives1990    262

IMG_0156.PNG

Pretty generic, just make sure you have fodder to storm away his sets (he runs 1 negate attack). If you don't have all the spells just run less draw cards and more spells to boost cerb past 3k at least asap then keep boosting until you can attack for over 10k damage

Shadow Lord    268

Paradox brothers.

You need 3 glossy cards to get 8k. You can play Anti magic arrows instead of Trap Jammer. 2 copies of Good Goblin Housekeeping makes sure you don't have trap jammer on the bottom of the deck (f you haven't used Thunder Dragon don't use it, unless you have 2 or have drawn trap jammer) and a third has a tendency to be drawn too late to be played. You should always try to put cards you want to play last turn on the bottom of the deck (abyssal designator, gift of the martyr, riryoku, secret pass, the third spellcaster.)

Wonder wands can be replaced with white elephant's gift/shard of greed/legacy of yata or any other draw engine. Ideal draw engine would probably be 3 shard 4 jar+yata. Spellcasters can be anything, I just chose the ones I had glossy. Thunder Dragons can be swapped for any fusion fodder, but they're the best since they also thin your deck. Poly can be used instead of fusion gate but you might have to fuse early (with gate you can just set it, you might have to set too many cards with poly) but as long as you fuse in defense it shouldn't matter.

This has 100% win rate against Mokuba and afaik there's no way to lose with it even with the worst possible draw orders, though bad draw orders can make it take longer.

Screenshot_20170822-210236.png

Edited by Shadow Lord

knives1990    262

There's a lot of decks that can farm mokuba for max, but if you haven't gotten the good skills for paradox my farm deck will work for anyone who has draw sense light, low level, or yugis sorcery conduit 

Shadow Lord    268
1 hour ago, knives1990 said:

There's a lot of decks that can farm mokuba for max, but if you haven't gotten the good skills for paradox my farm deck will work for anyone who has draw sense light, low level, or yugis sorcery conduit 

Not saying it won't but Elements Unite is PBros lvl 4 skill, you need like 6 sd duels to get it and its more consistent than cerberus (which can lose to bad openers and aggressive play). Not knocking your deck but with Pbros even just having passed unless you don't have pirahnna/martyr/fusion cards I don't see much reason why you wouldn't be able to use Elements Unite.

Inti    76

For anyone interesting in farming Roaring Rex here are two decks that work decently against lv30-40 Roaring Rex. Some other farming decks as well http://duellinks.gamea.co/c/a2l6f0wn

Skill: Holy Guard 

Score:7000-8000

Monsters:11

3x Crystal Seer (If you don't have it use Skelegal, Dark Mimic, or Dekochi)

1x GK Vassal

1x Mystical Beast Serket

3x Rai-Mei

3x Unhappy Girl 

Spells:8

1x Anti-Magic Arrows 

1x Celestial Transformation (Use this when you have 0 cards left in your deck) 

1x Secret Pass To The Treasures 

2x Shard of Greed

1x Temple of The Kings

2x Union Attack

Trap:1

1x Windstorm of Etaqua 

Extra:

1x BEUD or Master of Oz

Notes always leave a space open for Serket and Transformation and to use Anti Magic Arrows to avoid Jurassic Impact.

Skill:Elements Unite 

Score:8000+

Monsters:8

1x Buster Blader

2x Cat of Ill Omen

1x GK Vassal 

3x Planet Pathfinder (You could use 3x Polys or 2 more Fusion Gates)

Spells:4

1x Fusion Gate

1x Secret Pass To The Treasures

2x Union Attack 

Traps:9

1x DNA Surgery

3x Good Goblin Housekeeping 

3x Jar of Greed 

2x Legacy Of Yata-Garasu 

Extra Deck:1

1x Buster Blader, The Dragon Destroyer

Strategy 

Get DNA surgery and Buster Blader, The Dragon Destroyer on the field as soon as possible. Once you do that its gg for Rex since he can no longer use Jurassic Impact.

Notes

-It is a bit expensive and will require you to get Weevil to lv40

Edited by Inti

dexer008    804

Here's another version for 30/40, stolen ideas from jurassicimpact duellink-tuber;

Elements Unite

1 Gk Vassel

3 Thunder Dragon

3 Equip spells (any that can be used with gate guardian)

1 Polymerization/ Fusion Gate (gate better)
1 Secret Passage

2 Union Attack

3 Trap Jammer
3 Good Goblin Housekeeping

1 Twin-headed Thunder

Last 3 cards can be anything to get more points (fusion subs, primastics, rituals, life manipulators) 

Lv 30 is easy, he can't beat gate guardian, just do the normal union attack combo

Lv40 jurrac impact is a problem, hence then trap jammers, also he has super ancient dino beast which CAN BEAT OVER GUARIDAN if he lands solidarity on the field. He however has a tendency to clog his backrow, especially with fossil excavation. If he does this, don't attack the monster summon by fossil and leave his backrow clogged. If he doesn't have a full backrow, keep destroying his mons to make sure he doesn't get the tribute the dinobeast. 

With the above decks, if you don't have vassel/ 2 union attacks, the usual pirhana army/ riyoku/ matry combos do work, you might have to cut down on things though, making it less consistent. Rex also has fossil dig and destroyersaurus to dig through his deck fast, so you have to use cards that net you +2 at least in the overal game to get ahead of him to get the cards on the brink bonus. 

I've tried the strategy on both levels and its worked, it still varies due to rng obviously but yeah hope this helps, its a bit more f2p friendly as well. 

• Upvote 2

Inti    76

The deck I use to farm Lv40 Alexis and it wins 97-98% of the time. It gets a score of 8000 and it only loses if you don't draw Luster/Dimension Gate quick enough or if her Dakini reaches up above 3300 attack which rarely happens. Cards to look out for are Cyber Prima,Cyber Angel Dakini,Cyber Angel Idaten, and Spell Shield Type 8.

Monsters:4

2x A Cat of Ill Omen

1x GK Vassal

1x The Fiend Mega Cyber

Spells:11

1x Secret Pass To The Treasures (Glossy)

3x Shard of Greed (2x Glossy) 

1x Storm (Glossy)

1x Sword and Shield (Glossy)

2x Union Attack (Glossy)

3x Yellow Luster Shield (Glossy)

Traps:5

3x Dimension Gate (1x Glossy)

2x Jar of Greed/Legacy of Yata Garasu (Glossy)

Alternatives 

Planet Pathfinder

Sorcerous Spell Wall

Strategy:

Summon Labyrinth Wall with Dimension Gate and Yellow Luster Shield as soon as possible . You want to tin your deck as quickly as possible since Alexis tins her deck out with Benten,Cyber Petit,and Ritual Santuary. Then use Storm on your last turn to bait out Spell Shield Type 8.

Edited by Inti

Inti    76
On 9/29/2017 at 0:43 AM, Inti said:

The deck I use to farm Lv40 Alexis and it wins 97-98% of the time. It gets a score of 8000 and it only loses if you don't draw Luster/Dimension Gate quick enough or if her Dakini reaches up above 3300 attack which rarely happens. Cards to look out for are Cyber Prima,Cyber Angel Dakini,Cyber Angel Idaten, and Spell Shield Type 8.

Monsters:4

2x A Cat of Ill Omen

1x GK Vassal

1x The Fiend Mega Cyber

Spells:11

1x Secret Pass To The Treasures (Glossy)

3x Shard of Greed (2x Glossy) 

1x Storm (Glossy)

1x Sword and Shield (Glossy)

2x Union Attack (Glossy)

3x Yellow Luster Shield (Glossy)

Traps:5

3x Dimension Gate (1x Glossy)

2x Jar of Greed/Legacy of Yata Garasu (Glossy)

Alternatives 

Planet Pathfinder

Sorcerous Spell Wall

Strategy:

Summon Labyrinth Wall with Dimension Gate and Yellow Luster Shield as soon as possible . You want to tin your deck as quickly as possible since Alexis tins her deck out with Benten,Cyber Petit,and Ritual Santuary. Then use Storm on your last turn to bait out Spell Shield Type 8.

Update to the deck

-1 Yellow Luster Shield

+1 Storm (Incase you have Wall banished from D Gate and she negates the first storm

Another cards you can add to ensure she does not deck out are Pot of Benevolence.

Been trying to farm Chazz, but the Labyrinth Builder deck suffers from three things: 1) Going first and not opening D. Gate OR Cat of Ill Omen; 2) Going 2nd and only opening Cat; 3) Players can only get 1 copy of Curse of Royal.

And Paladin decks are just godawful.  No matter how I build it, I have a 90% FAILURE rate.  Whether I copy a recipe exactly or I make my own modifications, it doesn't matter.  I NEVER open with the cards to make Dark Paladin.  I either don't get Poly or Fusion Gate- and the only thing I haven't tried is maxing out on Gate- only get one half of the Fusion formula, I open with tons of last turn combo pieces, like Union Attacks and Vassal.

Is there ANYTHING better?

mark    3104

Lowkey i think there may be potential in a Cyber angel farming method since the deck is obv flexible and fast as fuck, but you can dakini-idaten to give dakini multiple 1000 atk boosts 

obviously this wont help people farming for CA, but it may once everyone has it? 

• Pride 1