• Announcements

• rei

Battle of the Anime Characters   02/10/17

THE BATTLE OF THE ANIME CHARACTERS HAS BEGUN   Find it here http://duelistgroundz.com/index.php?/forum/615-battle-of-the-anime-x/
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Bazaar of Baghdad

Just Fucking Kill Him

3 posts in this topic

This'll be kinda a short one. I entered this tournament after playing zero games with this deck, because I really didn't feel like playing Infernoid, even moreso did not want to play Zoo, and kinda didn't want to play in general. So I played Fluffal.

3 Fluffal Dog
3 Fluffal Bear
3 Fluffal Wings
3 Fluffal Penguin
3 Edge-Imp Chain
3 King of the Swamp
2 Edge-Imp Sabres
2 Fluffal Owl
2 Maxx "C"
1 Fluffal Sheep
1 Fluffal Cat
3 Toy Vendor
3 Polymerization
2 Foolish Burial Goods
2 Frightfur Fusion
2 Instant Fusion
1 Frightfur Factory
1 Pot of Desires

2 Frightfur Tiger
2 Frightfur Sheep
2 Frightfur Kraken
2 Frightfur Sabre-Tooth
2 Toadally Awesome
1 Elder Entity Norden
1 Fairy Cheer Girl
1 Bahamut Shark
1 Castel the Skyblaster Musketeer
1 Frightfur Wolf

3 Royal Decree
2 Denko Sekka
2 Grisaille Prison
2 Full Force Virus
1 Raigeki
1 Dark Hole
1 Night Beam
1 Mystical Space Typhoon
1 Torrential Tribute
1 Chain Disappearance

So there's been a kid at our local that's been playing this deck for over a year now, and every time we play him we're surprised at the random kills the deck pulls out of nowhere. This has lead to a common discussion we would have with him where he asks, "How am I supposed to win this game?" to which we'll answer, "Just fucking kill him." And various variants of that. Named my decklist after him, "The Magnes Special" and channeled his spirit throughout the tournament. 

The best part about this deck is that the games you lose are usually over pretty quick, usually as soon as your Poly gets Barriered it's safe to pick your cards up. This is great for morale, as evidenced by my incredible mood throughout the following rounds. 
Going into the tournament I wasn't sure what my bad matchups were, aside from the cards Dimensional Barrier, and Artifact Scythe. I goldfished enough hands to realize I could kill through just about anything else.

I didn't take notes, and a couple of these rounds I don't really remember what happened, but I thought the tournament was entertaining enough to do a quick writeup for. 

Anyway, bit of an issue with the team war. There were 7 of us, but only 6 slots. Both Brando and myself are on shit decks, him on Chain Burn. The team is very split on which one of us to take, but in the end opts to take Brando. I made it my personal goal for the tournament to have a better record than him for the, "I told you so" factor. This turned out to be incredibly easy, as during round 6, Brando was 0-6 and still playing. 

Round 1: The Nightmare (Artifact Windwitch Invoked)
Well, I guess. Game 1 I get Scythe'd 2 turns in a row and lose to the 2200 beatdown. Game 2 He had Raidjin + Crystal Wing and 1 backrow. I do a bunch of shit to bait his monsters, and when I go for a Sabre Tooth play he flips Torrential, opening up my Instant Fusion -> Bahamut to lock the game up. Then game 3 he has D.D. Ground and multiple Barriers.

Round 2: Slightly less of a nightmare, but still a nightmare (pure speedroid)
Lol, I think I'm the only deck in the room that can't actually kill a fucking Crystal Wing without wasting a million cards. Anyway, game 1 I fucked up and forgot about the Necro Gardna Speedroid in his graveyard, which didn't seem like a big deal because he was only on 2 cards. Unfortunately his 2 cards were a way to make Crystal Wing, and Vanity's Emptiness. 
Game 2 was the only real grind game of the tournament, he opened Crystal Wing and Clear Wing, both of which are very real cards against my deck. I make a sheep to attack over the Clear Wing, and pass with Torrential set. Anyways, he does some shit that ends with double Crystal Wing and I Torrential him into back to the stone age.
Game 3 he opens Crystal Wing Emptiness, but knowing that is the only set I had to be worried about I played to bait the Emptiness out before Raigekiing his Crystal Wing, so I just fucking kill him.

okay, please no more Crystal Wing decks.

Round 3 The Nightmare Again (Artifact Windwitch Invoked)
Oh c'mon, what the fuck.
Game 1 he bricked, passing with just Raidjin. Unfortunately my Desires decided to banish the 2 Toy Vendors remaining in my deck, and I draw Foolish Goods and Bear. 
Game 2 he opened the nut board, and my hand was just straight unplayable. 

okayokayokay, we're 1-2, but we're done losing (See: Playing vs. Artifact / Crystal Wing decks) for awhile. The next few rounds are a wild ride. 

Round 4, 60 card BA
Game 1 he opens with Foolish Graff -> Scarm, make Invoker and do the rat combo. Set 2 backrow and pass. So I just do some fusion shit to clear his set Strike + Chalice, bait out his Drident and just fucking kill him.
Game 2 he Full Force Viruses me, leaving me with 2 Toy Vendors and I think an Instant Fusion? Idk, anyway I use Vendor, pitch the 2nd Vendor to reveal Owl. The judge rules that I get to have it all, and my opponent doesn't appeal. This lets me summon it, search, and have it live. So anyway, this ends with me attacking for like 30k damage with a board of Tiger + Sabretooth + a 6 material Wolf. 

I feel like the Full Force vs. Toy Vendor ruling was probably wrong, but I'm not going to appeal the ruling that wins me the game. 

Round 5: Infernoid
Game 1 he opens with Reasoning -> Decatron, and just passes so I fucking kill him.
Game 2 he has slightly better, opening with Monster Gate -> Radian, and summons Seitemas. So I just fucking kill him.

Round 6: Zoodiac
Game 1: He has Rat Combo and Double Strike. So I just fucking kill him.
Game 2: I think this was the game I maxx "C"'d my opponent, they stopped with no backrow and I just Poly'd out a 5 material Wolf with all my cards. 

Life is good when people don't draw Barrier / Sanctum against you. 

Round 7: Burning Abyss Infernoid
Game 1 he opens and passes with a bluff set and set monster, so I just fucking kill him.
Game 2 he makes me go first, so I fucking Grisalle Prison (see: Double Barrier) him, then fucking kill him.

Round 8: Infernoid
2-0'd him in 8 minutes. I think game 1 he just had Decatron and a bluff, and game 2 was just Patrulea and 2 bluffs.

Round 9: Zoodiac
Game 1 he opens 3 backrow and Rat combo. So I just fucking kill him.
Game 2 he starts and opens with Fragrance + Twin Twister
Game 3 I really thought I was about to fucking kill him through Strike + Drident, but when I poly'd out my dude discarding Wings he discarded Lancea, bricking my Wings and Frightfur fusion. I set Torrential, and it turns out his other set was Twin Twisters. He draws slumber for turn, and with his 2 cards, Slumber + Whiptail, just fucking kills me :(

6-3

Fitting end to a fun tournament. People kept choosing to go first game 2, which was kinda tilting since I was boarding in 4-ish traps so I actually had something to do going first. Ended up working out though, so whatever. Only thing I'd change in the main deck would be to cut the Desires, after it cost me a game, and almost cost me another by banishing all 3 Fluffal Wings I was siding it out all tournament and never really missed it. It might turn into a Fusion Recovery, or 3rd Owl, something like that.

once a "Virus" card that works like Full Force or Crush Card has resolved, it destroys cards in your hand that you've drawn, but it doesn't do so while a Chain Link is resolving. It can do so between resolving two different Chain Links, however.

So, if you draw something while resolving a Chain Link (while resolving Vendor's first effect), you need to finish resolving that Chain Link (after drawing while resolving Vendor, discard the drawn card if it isn't right, or make a choice between Special Summoning or not if the drawn card is right) before the "Virus" like Full Force does anything to the drawn card.

The judge ruled correctly, as once you chose to Special Summon the drawn card, there was no way for the Virus to recognize it as the drawn card, thus no way to destroy it. The only way for a card drawn by the effect of Toy Vendor to be destroyed by a "Virus" like Full Force would be for the drawn card to be a Fluffal monster that you choose not to Special Summon via Vendor's effect.