Sign in to follow this  
banefulscolumn

Problems with Duel Links

I like the idea of reducing the deck/hand/field/lifepoint size to make the game more accessible for mobile use, both for beginning players and for players short on time.  Sometimes people want to have a quick duel on their coffee break at work.  

The main flaw with this game, so far, and I've played for 8 hours, is the slow progression: Most of the characters have weak vanilla monsters and 1-2 spell cards.  I thought this was okay for the first 5-10 duels, but even 50 duels in, it's the same rhythm.  The booster sets contain 0-1 playable cards per set.  Konami should enable skilled players to prove their skill at any time in order to skip to level 10.  And also, add 2-3 good cards to each of the early booster sets.

mark    3104

- no versatile card removal, which means aids decks (wonder balloons/pumprincess stall until opp decks out) exist
- cup of ace, restruct revolution, and tea standbye draw, are pure aids

- no side decking

- people timestalling or cheating

hm did I forget anything

• Upvote 4

Faint    5619
21 hours ago, mark said:

- no versatile card removal, which means aids decks (wonder balloons/pumprincess stall until opp decks out) exist
- cup of ace, restruct revolution, and tea standbye draw, are pure aids

- no side decking

- people timestalling or cheating

hm did I forget anything

The first part idk cos harpie rape or despell etc but yeah the other 2 are sooo legit

Faint    5619
22 hours ago, banefulscolumn said:

I like the idea of reducing the deck/hand/field/lifepoint size to make the game more accessible for mobile use, both for beginning players and for players short on time.  Sometimes people want to have a quick duel on their coffee break at work.  

The main flaw with this game, so far, and I've played for 8 hours, is the slow progression: Most of the characters have weak vanilla monsters and 1-2 spell cards.  I thought this was okay for the first 5-10 duels, but even 50 duels in, it's the same rhythm.  The booster sets contain 0-1 playable cards per set.  Konami should enable skilled players to prove their skill at any time in order to skip to level 10.  And also, add 2-3 good cards to each of the early booster sets.

Just get 1 copy of mirror wall and then spend all of your gems on valk rage / the ultimate rising ans a bit on the new set as well

Ai gets sttonger i promise. Fucj thr 2x turn 1 twin headed thunder dragons

mark    3104
15 hours ago, Winter Multi said:

The first part idk cos harpie rape or despell etc but yeah the other 2 are sooo legit

De-spell isn't versatile, it doesn't hit regular backrows 

harpies aren't really versatile either, it's an entire deck, and if you have to pick a skill because there's no other versatile cards in the format then the game isn't balanced 

Faint    5619
10 minutes ago, mark said:

De-spell isn't versatile, it doesn't hit regular backrows 

harpies aren't really versatile either, it's an entire deck, and if you have to pick a skill because there's no other versatile cards in the format then the game isn't balanced 

I mean i think despell is sooo under rated

You get to force an econ or order to charge play

Or kill an important card (hunting g, baloons...etc)

Or find out a trap and get to play around it

Sure you sometimes go -1 but benefits far outweigh. It's certainly better than twister imo

mark    3104

Agree that it's a good card, it's why I used 1 Twister 1/2 despell for a long them (admittedly I didnt have more twisters, but I did have wild Tornados which i didnt use)

but Twister being better vs Relinquished, and baiting them to summon a Harpie at a suboptimal time (repond to the summon with Twister on Hunting Ground) is valuable as well 

you can win vs Relinquished because if they attack you and you twister they're fucked regardless 

but the problem is mirror Wall. And even when you see it, you now wasted a card and still cant really play around it (not attack - and wait till you draw what?

That said I may look into it again now that the meta has changed. But its also weak vs Vigilance and often I use it for them to play a continuous spell later on, or I hold it for no reason. Card is pretty suboptimal a lot of the times 

mark    3104

this entire game is just made so that you have to keep playing hours / day, every day

the daily log-in bonus, the card trader line-ups that change every 8h, the legendary duelists events - it's all made in such a way that you have to keep playing all the time. you can't ever take a break for 3 weeks and come back, you'd be far behind and have to play even more to catch up, it's retarded / game is made to be extremely addicting and not very rewarding

Posted this in Duel Links general chat but it's more relevant here

• Upvote 3