Human Tetherball

Almost got jumped; buying a gun.

Jazz    4963
11 hours ago, Human Tetherball said:

oh cool this thread got more useless stupid posts.

Almost everyone who posted originally gave you good advice and you just dismissed it or ignored it to write a fucking internet novel about why you love guns so god damn much and why they make you feel safer, but you're still just a paranoid moron. You refuse to examine the world from the perspective of others, yet you came to us asking for advice. People tried being nice, you ignored it, you got shit for your stubbornness, and now you're just being a douche. Enjoy your miserable, shitty life.

Jazz    4963
On 9/17/2017 at 6:17 PM, Human Tetherball said:

We've reached the point ITT where I'm not seeking advice but giving it.

How did I miss this comment. You're such a fucking tool.

Jazz    4963

Also fuck you for calling other people classist when they suggest you move when you cite that you live in an area of high crime and you don't feel safe. That's not classism, that's common fucking sense. My great/grandparents immigrated to this country because Europe turned into a shit hole during the world wars. You have it really fucking easy, you dumb cunt.

13 hours ago, Human Tetherball said:

You're just so fucking stupid it's hard to pin down whether I even want to defend myself from your shitty George Zimmerman comparison or try to parse the logic of letting yourself get beat up because you just KNOW that the people who don't respect your bodily integrity and attacked you unprovoked are good people deep down and won't cripple, maim, or kill you because reasons. The incident that triggered all of this wasn't because aggressive people specifically followed me to my vehicle, it was because I'm scared of kids in hoodies in the general path of normal transit. Clearly.

I wrote enough words in this thread, try to actually understand sentences I use and what order they occur in and the contexts established by all the other words that have relationships with those words and concepts before twisting them or putting extra ones in my mouth. That goes for all you assholes who think anything like the above. Many of you didn't read what I said. You got halfway through a given paragraph and assume I said what you think I said, rather than what was actually written. That's why I've had to repeat myself so many fucking times and frankly I'm done doing it. Stop projecting.

You know I'm actually 100% pro-self defense and pro-gun but it worries me that you don't seem to understand that this is a last resort option and you should be thinking heaven forbid I actually have to ever use deadly force of any kind on even the shittiest of human beings. Nor does it look like you have a good sense of what that heaven forbid situation would look like.  

• Upvote 1

Nate1080    1220

Saw this video a couple months ago, not sure if it was posted here but super relevant:

You’re more likely to get hurt/killed trying some slick shit than if you just let it happen. As said in the video, if anything, mace is enough. No need to needlessly kill someone or threaten them with a gun and possibly get killed yourself (most likely outcome tbh considering how quick you had the thought of getting a gun after a situation. Those people are the first to get killed).

The person mugging or jumping you or whatever usually doesn’t have intentions to kill you, they just want your shit.  They carry weapons usually for their protection, ironically.

• Upvote 2

markus    2077

yeah dont use a knife btw if you're not trained. and dont buy a cheap knife with a weak guard. the most common self injury from a knife comes from stabbing and a guard breaking and slicing your hand.