3 Solar Recharge

3 Charge 

1 Soul Charge

1 Foolish Burial

1 Raigeki

1 Rota

3 Beckoning Light

1 Lightsworn Judgment

I want to play again. This looks really fun on paper and the few games I’ve played online with it. Extra deck is generic. Made purely to destroy kids at my lunch time TCG club but if there’s any obvious fixes, I’m happy to listen!

• Upvote 1

+mark    3001

Have you seen the new lightsworn cards that came out?

Are they good though? I can see the combos but might take away from consistency. Punishment Dragon looks bad. 

Am I bad?

+mark    3001
53 minutes ago, Metal Gear Salad said:

Are they good though? I can see the combos but might take away from consistency. Punishment Dragon looks bad. 

Am I bad?

Well your deck is basically what it would look like 6 years ago, lightsworn would be more focused on xyz / links now than it would be on judgment Dragon or playing a full lightsworn deck like you are. I don't know how much you're willing to invest in the extra deck or new cards though. 

I see a lot play Goblindbergh and the Predoplant engine... is that really the way forward? Seems almost shoe horned in... 

I agree it's basically like 6 years ago, but will adding the above make it better?

+ACP+    33975

Tbh if I came back to ygo I'd probably try to build LS too. Deck seems cool. Not sure if cards like Necro Gardna really cut it anymore though.

• Upvote 1

+mark    3001
51 minutes ago, Metal Gear Salad said:

I see a lot play Goblindbergh and the Predoplant engine... is that really the way forward? Seems almost shoe horned in... 

I agree it's basically like 6 years ago, but will adding the above make it better?

Yes, you spam xyz / synchro / links every turn starting from turn 1, while the original lightsworn deck goes draw mill pass until JD is live or you open nutty with solar charge and can make a big field with lumina. Either way the extra deck versions are definitely better, and even if you want to play JD you should prob play it that way to get early Mills with rank 4 Minerva's and get draws. 

Something fun you could do as well, although really not good anymore since grass is limited, is playing 60-cards with That Grass is Greener and Left Arm Offering to Mill 20 cards off 1 card. You could play Eclipse Wyvern to banish JD, and Fairy Tail Snow to banish it with Wyvern. Brilliant Fusion can send Snow as well as provide a 2nd summon. There are a lot of semi-viable ways to go with this deck, as an entire deck or just as an engine. 

»victor    6391

Lightsworn have always been one of my favorite decks to play, because there's so many ways to build them, so many engines and tech cards they work with, not to mention the core mechanic of milling, CotLB and Solar Recharge, have always been relevant regardless of format.

If you're going to play with JD today, Ties of the Brethren and Left Arm Offering are the cards you want.

But do note Fairy Tail Snow (vs JD) is indicative of how LS is played today, because she gives LS an element of disruption and let you play on the opponent's turn, so you're not the one dimensional deck of years past.  Gold Sarc is at 3 now, so you can play Giant Rex or Shiranui Spiritmaster to further take advantage of the RFG mechanic.

If you're playing today, one of the cool things you can do to play 3 Rescue Cat and 3 Peropero Cerperus . That seems better than Necro Gardna when you don't play BLS.

Another modern interaction is Dawn Knight because you can Link with it and mill any LIGHT as needed.

^ That has a lot of potential considering Lightsworn are getting a Link monster soon.

»victor    6391

Here's the decklist that topped ARG Raleigh this format on Sept 23rd, for reference.

Orbital Hydralander Lightsworn

Main Deck: 60

Monsters - 45
3x Orbital Hydralander
3x Ash Blossom & Joyous Spring
3x Goblindbergh
3x Raiden, Hand of the Lightsworn
3x Lonefire Blossom
3x Predaplant Ophrys Scorpio
1x Predaplant Darlingtonia Cobra
3x Wulf, Lightsworn Beast
3x Fairy Tail - Snow
2x Black Dragon Collapserpent
2x White Dragon Wyverburster
2x Gem-Knight Garnet
2x Lumina, Twilightsworn Shaman
1x Blackwing - Zephyros The Elite
1x Lumina, Lightsworn Summoner
1x Performage Trick Clown
1x Heroic Challenger - Thousand Blades
1x Giant Rex
1x Maxx "C"
1x Spore
1x Shiranui Spiritmaster
1x Glow-Up Bulb
1x Dandylion
1x Felis, Lightsworn Archer
1x Lyla, Lightsworn Sorceress

Spells - 15
3x Charge of the Light Brigade
3x Pot of Desires
2x Solar Recharge
2x Brilliant Fusion
1x Reinforcement of the Army
1x That Grass Looks Greener
1x Soul Charge
1x Foolish Burial
1x Gold Sarcophagus

Traps - 0

Extra Deck: 15
2x Minerva, The Exalted Lightsworn
1x Tornado Dragon
1x M-X-Saber Invoker
2x Firewall Dragon
1x Gaia Saber, The Lightning Shadow
1x Decode Talker
1x Missus Radiant
1x Proxy Dragon
1x Stardust Dragon
1x Scarlight Red Dragon Archfiend
1x PSY-Framelord Omega
1x Michael, The Arch-Lightsworn
1x Gem-Knight Seraphinite

Side Deck: 15
3x Dimensional Barrier
1x Raigeki
3x Cosmic Cyclone
3x System Down
1x Interrupted Kaiju Slumber
1x Kumongous, The Sticky String Kaiju
1x Gameciel, The Sea Turtle Kaiju
1x Dogoran, The Mad Flame Kaiju
1x Thunder King, The Lightningstrike Kaiju

Schism    982
5 hours ago, ACP said:

Tbh if I came back to ygo I'd probably try to build LS too. Deck seems cool. Not sure if cards like Necro Gardna really cut it anymore though.

Same here if I wasn't as far behind on the game as I am.