Jump to content
Paraliel

Max Suffridge Memorial Tournament

Recommended Posts

who even is projector?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
+mark    3096

W vs TSfearless

 

@Absolute hit me up to schedule the match sometime 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
+rei+    35452
1 hour ago, Death Sentence said:

who even is projector?

buddy of mine who used to be p active, he's def around and def will play lol 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I heard from projector couple days ago on discord.

 

never got to our game.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
+mmf    23263

bracket progressed

 

ROUND 4 BEGINS NOW AND ENDS AT 11:59PM CST ON 11/18/2017

 

WINNERS FINALS:

@Soul vs @Gojira

 

LR3:

@Mascis vs @Gospel

@Projector vs @Death Sentence

@Absolute vs @mark

@Audioslayne vs @MZAAZM

 

After these finish, we have a bit of leeway, as the entire winners bracket will be done and 6 total matches will need to be played in the losers bracket. As soon as these rounds finish, I will start the subsequent one so that we can get through these as fast as possible. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
+ACP+    34066

You guys need to be reporting your matches to the WarBot, as stated in this thread's OP. Two people that Gojira beat just never reported their matches for no particular reason. There are probably several other people who never reported as well, but I can't be fucked to figure it all out.

 

In the future, when you're reporting your match in this thread, please make sure that the loser reported to the WarBot as well, and when they haven't state such.

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Audioslayne    902

Anyone know a good way to get a hold of @MZAAZM?  I messaged him on discord and here on Monday but have yet to hear from him.  Also has not logged on dgz in going on two weeks so my hopes are low.

 

I have drill this weekend and was hoping to get our match in either today or tomorrow.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Audioslayne    902
13 minutes ago, ACP said:

You guys need to be reporting your matches to the WarBot, as stated in this thread's OP. Two people that Gojira beat just never reported their matches for no particular reason. There are probably several other people who never reported as well, but I can't be fucked to figure it all out.

 

In the future, when you're reporting your match in this thread, please make sure that the loser reported to the WarBot as well, and when they haven't state such.

To be fair this is very opposite to convention.  Typically winner reports everything in nearly every game I've played.  Having one report one thing and the opponent report the other seems like you're unnecessarily creating an additional point of failure.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
+ACP+    34066

If the winners were allowed to report for ranking, people could just lie about having won matches that they never won. There is no incentive to lie about having lost matches. This was explained months ago. The loser should be reporting both to the WarBot and in this thread. It's not hard.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Audioslayne    902
31 minutes ago, ACP said:

If the winners were allowed to report for ranking, people could just lie about having won matches that they never won. There is no incentive to lie about having lost matches. This was explained months ago. The loser should be reporting both to the WarBot and in this thread. It's not hard.

I assumed this would be the response I'd receive.

 

To be blunt I don't think false reporting would be an actual issue and if it were it's a self correcting one if you're choosing to do it through discord bots.  You cannot report without tagging someone.  It stands to reason that if you are tagged you're going to see it and be able to easily dispute it if necessary.  

 

Still loser reporting was never necessary when reporting just happened through results of forum posts, and I doubt a medium change has affected false reporting rates (and if it has I'd imagine it's been for the better).  

 

Out of curiosity was the discord blurb in the original OP for this tournament, for I distinctly do not remember reading it?  Also I think it's safe to say that this tournament moreso than others may draw out old or new faces who do not actively war here often.  The blurb as is specifically mentions discord but does not mention the warbot which seems like a huge mistake since that seems to be the largest reason for the discord blurb to exist.

 

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
+mmf    23263

i put the command to type into discord in even larger text in the OP, is everyone happy now?

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Soul    8030
11 hours ago, Gojira said:

2-1 vs soul, ggs.

 

game 3 went down to decking, which was great.

fuck you dawg

  • Upvote 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
+mmf    23263

lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
+mark    3096
2 hours ago, Audioslayne said:

I assumed this would be the response I'd receive.

 

To be blunt I don't think false reporting would be an actual issue and if it were it's a self correcting one if you're choosing to do it through discord bots.  You cannot report without tagging someone.  It stands to reason that if you are tagged you're going to see it and be able to easily dispute it if necessary.  

 

Still loser reporting was never necessary when reporting just happened through results of forum posts, and I doubt a medium change has affected false reporting rates (and if it has I'd imagine it's been for the better).  

 

Out of curiosity was the discord blurb in the original OP for this tournament, for I distinctly do not remember reading it?  Also I think it's safe to say that this tournament moreso than others may draw out old or new faces who do not actively war here often.  The blurb as is specifically mentions discord but does not mention the warbot which seems like a huge mistake since that seems to be the largest reason for the discord blurb to exist.

 

You mustve missed the influx of dnf users who will make alts and claim 1000s wins to each other for “LOOOOOOOOOL I was joking m8” 

 

There’s no way this system is possible 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Audioslayne    902
4 minutes ago, mark said:

You mustve missed the influx of dnf users who will make alts and claim 1000s wins to each other for “LOOOOOOOOOL I was joking m8” 

 

There’s no way this system is possible 

That was absolutely something I was not here to witness.  If that's still the case then sure I concede.  If not I don't see a problem.  Honestly that could be a way to filter out people who don't belong here anyway.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
+ACP+    34066

Yeah, I mean mark more or less covered it. With the massive amount of idiocy and cheating in the past few months, saying, "lol can't we just trust everyone?" is just not at all realistic at this point.

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Audioslayne    902

Wasn't able to get a hold of @MZAAZM until Wednesday, or setup a time to play until yesterday.  Got online today at our agreed upon time, pinged him several times through discord where he moved from online to idle.

 

Have a lot of projects due today and may not be able to reschedule.  Tomorrow I'll be at drill most of the day and likely won't have access to a stable internet connection (or free time) most of the day.  I'll try to make something work if he ever responds to me but it's looking more and more like we're not going to be able to actually play this round.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Gospel    401

I talked about times to set up play with @Mascis. He made his available times clear and it was at a time that could work for me. Sadly getting ready to and vending at YCS San Diego occupied my time for this round.

 

Please give Mascis the activity win for our match.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×