NB96

DGz Live #208: Advanced Format (28/10/17)

NB96    838

Hello all,

I have decided to host another DGz Live using the Current format due to the release of CIBR affecting the meta a lot. People may wish to practice now that the SPYRAL deck is much more powerful and has lots of long combos.

The tournament will be held at the following time on Saturday, 28th October:

18:00 BST
19:00 CET
10:00 Pacific
11:00 Mountain
12:00 Central
13:00 Eastern

Matches may be held on www.DuelingBook.com or LackeyDGz. Dueling Book will be the default program due to its accessibility. If both players agree, their match may be held on LackeyDGz instead. However, if there is a disagreement regarding which program should be used for the match, the default choice should be https://www.duelingbook.com/. There will be no round timers, but players are asked to play at a reasonable pace.

Disconnections on DuelingBook are considered a game loss. This is not the case for LackeyDGz, because save states allow a player to rejoin a game even after disconnecting.

Decklists will be asked for and you will be unable to change your list once the tournament has begun. Decklists should be sent to NB96 via Discord, and cannot be changed once the tournament has begun. The bracket for the tournament can be found here.

In the event of a ruling dispute, please contact a member of the DGz War Council on Duelistgroundz.com, or on our Discord server:

DGz Username/Discord Username:
ACP/ACP
MMF/Frog Emoji
Tristan/TristanP
Satchmo/Satchmo
Digbick/digbick

If you would like to register your interest in this tournament, please say so in this thread, and don't forget to post your Discord username as well so that your opponent may contact you via Discord.

Edited by NB96

mark    3105

Interested 

mark    3105

Actually havent had time to learn the format yet so /out for current 

NB96    838
1 hour ago, mark said:

Actually havent had time to learn the format yet so /out for current 

I've taken you out on the bracket on Challonge.

To everybody else:

I am going to continue attempting to source participants on the DGz Discord server and possibly on the DuelingBook forum, but in the event that I cannot get enough participants (which is unfortunately looking fairly likely as things stand) I am going to attempt to pivot into either Goat or Edison format and see if I can get any interest to get something going. If whichever one I go with doesn't work out, I will simply cancel.

The tournaments I have held at roughly this time before have managed to take off so I am going with the assumption that there just isn't much interest in Current format, so if this doesn't take off I'll probably just avoid it for a while and stick to other things. It would be a pity if I can't get an Advanced Format tournament going but I'm going to assume that it's more to do with the format itself than with the time it's being held seeing as previous tournaments have gathered participants just fine.

If anybody would actually be interested in participating in an Edison or Goats tournament please let me know. I'm not asking you to commit to anything but if you mention that you might consider it tomorrow that would be rather helpful to me.

Edited by NB96

Berdversary    181

Interested, but if it goes on for too long I'll hafta drop out around 5 pm PST

NB96    838

I'm disappointed to announce that DGz Live #208 is cancelled. We had only four participants; one of whom decided not to participate given this small number which is understandable. I am taking the glass half-full approach and will proceed assuming that the lack of interest was due to the format rather than interest in general on DGz Lives, and will assume that the time it was held was not the primary factor in the lack of participants. The other Lives held at approximately this time seemed to do just fine.

I had attempted to pivot into Goats or Edison and attempted to source interest in either but ultimately failed to receive any indication that anybody would sign up given the short notice. I hope to go ahead with more Lives in the future, and I do not rule out holding Advanced format Lives again too, but this is the first time in four attempts that we have failed to get participants. All other attempts reached the necessary number of participants fairly comfortably. For this reason, I intend to focus moreso on Goat format, and on other Retro formats that may gather interest.

Apologies again.

mark    3105

It was also YCS london fwiw and an active current team just got banned etc. Which may have a part in it. 

I think right now there’s most interest for Goat Format, maybe another Edison, and potentially Current at some point again. Could do a poll per weekend where people can vote which formats they’d attend and see which gets enough votes as well. 

One idea might be to have a signup bot, so that people can type /in (possibly specifying a format, etc) and /out and we can start lives whenever there are sufficient people around. A permanent signups thread could also be useful in that regard.

• Upvote 1

NB96    838
1 hour ago, The Antagonist said:

One idea might be to have a signup bot, so that people can type /in (possibly specifying a format, etc) and /out and we can start lives whenever there are sufficient people around. A permanent signups thread could also be useful in that regard.

This is a good idea

• Upvote 1