ZeroPassion

New Years Mafia Aftergame

Sophocles    2853

I checked the game thread and I literally saw no one vote Nick for being inactive, or even mention his activity level at all for that matter

• Upvote 4

Sophocles    2853

When we played the MU Hydra game we also failed to really engage with people and drive the conversation. Part of that was timezone differences with most other players but it's also how you approach the game and how you post - making observations about players and posts doesn't mean people will respond to you; unless they're controversial, suspicious, or good analysis. (And part of it was also that the amount of time ppl invest in those games is a lot higher than on DGZ)

It's not even purely a skill thing, how comfortable/experienced you are with the community/meta plays role in this too

I checked the times on the D1 posts and it looked you always missed other posters by like an hour or two but that happens to everyone now and then and is kind of the nature of forum mafia compared to live games. It might've saved your neck if you'd had more opportunity to defend yourself but at the core you were suspected because of the posts you made, not because of your activity.

@ニック

ニック    14
6 hours ago, Jazz said:

It wasn't your list of notes or lack of activity. What made you scum to me was (1) you listed me as 'likely VT', (2) your reads were contradictory and looked like hedging, (3) you didn't vote anyone, (4) you didn't ask anyone questions.

Come on dude. This is "scrub mentality", i.e. blaming your personal short comings in a game on the play of others. In case you didn't realize it the town wasn't on your team.

Partially, however when I afk and "quota float" it results in the same outcome. I just tried to put together my thoughts as a whole, because everyone was afk when I was online.

1) Yeah I did, because you did a lot of posting, suspecting and pushing, and overall contributing as a town vanilla would act, from my perspective, so i noted you as VT.

2) My reads were what I got when I read through it, didn't really tie it to anyone else's reads, which I feel I should have tried to do for those I suspected as likely town, maybe tunnel vision on their reads, though the "inventing a reason" bit is the hard part since literally all my reasons were duplicates of posted reasons, so i'd look like I was bw'ing D:

3) Yeah I didn't want to vote and leave, and get suspected for it, though I get voting in general would make me more "townie" than what I was doing.

4) Nope I didn't mainly because no one was active when I got on, so I had no one to actively question, and didn't want to question anyone that was afk. 

6 hours ago, Jazz said:

And BTW you should have assumed I was too busy to post even though you saw me reading the thread.

Not blaming you for inactivity, just remembered you being online at a time I was online, so I cited you.

5 hours ago, Sophocles said:

I checked the game thread and I literally saw no one vote Nick for being inactive, or even mention his activity level at all for that matter

"He's not responding, so that makes me suspect them even more, since they are not defending their actions".

I saw a few akin to this line of thought, and I really dislike it when people gauge "me" based on this, with 48 hour days.

5 hours ago, Sophocles said:

When we played the MU Hydra game we also failed to really engage with people and drive the conversation. Part of that was timezone differences with most other players but it's also how you approach the game and how you post - making observations about players and posts doesn't mean people will respond to you; unless they're controversial, suspicious, or good analysis. (And part of it was also that the amount of time ppl invest in those games is a lot higher than on DGZ)

It's not even purely a skill thing, how comfortable/experienced you are with the community/meta plays role in this too

I checked the times on the D1 posts and it looked you always missed other posters by like an hour or two but that happens to everyone now and then and is kind of the nature of forum mafia compared to live games. It might've saved your neck if you'd had more opportunity to defend yourself but at the core you were suspected because of the posts you made, not because of your activity.

@ニック

Yeah because my notes are always chicken scratch because I absolutely despise mass quoting D:

Sophocles    2853
8 minutes ago, ニック said:

"He's not responding, so that makes me suspect them even more, since they are not defending their actions".

I'm guessing you mean this post by Jazz:

On 9-1-2018 at 10:59 PM, Jazz said:

Vote Count:

Jap Nick (L-1) (Walia, Sophocles, Tyranno, Jazz)

Walia (L-3) (Faint, Wunter)

Solstice (L-4) (Mascis)

NV: Solstice, Jap Nick

Nick is one away from majority but who cares as we have an hour left. I am somewhat concerned that Nick is not even trying not to be the lynch. I'll have a hard time not gloating in the aftergame thread if it turns out that Nick is town and Faint is scum..

Good luck have fun tyty

Ironically that's him voicing doubts about your lynch (because scum wants to survive so would therefore try extra hard not to get lynched) so it only benefited you in Jazz's case

(Btw get wrecked, Jazz, Re: the italicized bit)

Then in this post he goes on to say your shortage in activity is not alignment indicative.

I think you're just projecting a feeling of frustration on other people's posts, as far as I saw there was no conscious decision to lynch you over activity

• Upvote 3

Sophocles    2853

Regarding the Vanilla Town thing: It is generally anti-town to role hunt or speculate on roles (because it gives scum information to go off in NKing power roles) and it doesn't help people solve the game. Scum does want to know who's VT and power roles so when you list someone as possible VT it's a huge red flag. Scum tell eachother 'I think Jazz is VT' in the QT, town should never say that.

There's exceptions, e.g. 'Oh Jazz always plays like this when he's VT, I think he's town' but not when you just casually put it in a reads list. That read as a huge scumslip. Even if it wasn't and you feel you would've noted that if you rolled town: don't do that when you're town lol.

• Upvote 3

ニック    14
2 minutes ago, Sophocles said:

Regarding the Vanilla Town thing: It is generally anti-town to role hunt or speculate on roles (because it gives scum information to go off in NKing power roles) and it doesn't help people solve the game. Scum does want to know who's VT and power roles so when you list someone as possible VT it's a huge red flag. Scum tell eachother 'I think Jazz is VT' in the QT, town should never say that.

There's exceptions, e.g. 'Oh Jazz always plays like this when he's VT, I think he's town' but not when you just casually put it in a reads list. That read as a huge scumslip. Even if it wasn't and you feel you would've noted that if you rolled town: don't do that when you're town lol.

I see, another bad habit I got from DnF honestly. That site was cancer for Mafia, especially with BT running the shots.

Thanks for the memo. Anything else about my plays "besides my chicken scratch, and post organization" that needs work on?